Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

Its the first game i have ever felt is too far up its own arse. Its not even close to talos. I loved talos the way they had a nice story going through and puzzles always felt possible. It was actually a choice between the witness or talos dlc and i went for the witness. wish i had of stuck with talos. The witness looks nice but it just doesn't let you know what to do a lot of the time and when you do figure it out your too pissed off to care, but keep going, which is weird. I even had a long stressed out dream i was stuck on the witness island last night.

0 |

Everything you need to solve the core Witness puzzles is explained to you as you play along, it just happens to be explained through actually trying the puzzles rather than any text. I found that if something was completely insanely hard, it was probably a puzzle I should come back to later in the game once I'd picked up the correct logic from a different area. I still haven't completed it, and at times it is brutally hard, but it's all pure logic.

0 |

Anyone who says they completed the witness without using a guide is telling lies.

0 |

Well, surely the guy who wrote the guide had to complete it without one...

0 |

Deep

0 |

The ign guide even loses hope after the first load of lazers. They almost stop explaining how to do them and just print pictures of them completed. I was searching For the solution to one tree puzzle thats not in the ign guide and people are discussing in forums printing the sound the tree makes into a visual sound wave to get the answer to the puzzle. Aye dead on. I mean talos principle did have some good hidden puzzles but they were always at least hinted at.

0 |

Thing is, im still fucking playing the thing, even tho it stresses me out. so must be ok.

0 |

If someone's printing off sound waveforms then they're just wasting their own time as I don't remember seeing anything like that in the game. There was a section where you needed headphones because there were bird chirping sounds that corresponded to the pattern you needed to draw, but it was pretty obvious as it went along.

0 |

I definitely looked up guides for the underwater mirror-shadow chamber bit btw - I knew what I needed to do to get the solution, but couldn't be arsed waiting for the water to raise and lower a million times.

0 |

Oh and the colour-based puzzles, I had to look up the final lift combination because my brain couldn't do the RGB calculations.

0 |

Yea its in that bit with the jungle bird sounds. I actually found that section one of the easier to know what was going on. but there is a tree in the middle that makes a hum and looks like one of the environmental puzzles but couldn't find and answer to it.

0 |

Aye well the environmental puzzles are a complete bollocks, although you don't need to do them to finish the game, just for completion's sake.

0 |

Yea but something about thoes types of games is to do everything or else whats the point.

0 |

I think there's something at the end of the core puzzles that provides a kind of ending though. Either way, I don't think it's pretentious at all, its just really fucking hard. That really pays off when you finally figure something out though.

It's also a really fantastic couch co-op game too.

0 |

PS5 release targets late 2018 with most powerful console GPU, says analyst

Analyst believes the PS5 release will be in 2018, and is making some bold predictions about its GPU, which will be more powerful than any other console on the market.

www.psu.com/news/32403...

0 |

yewaaaa? PS5 in 2018... nah, we just got the Pro and tbh i can see Sony going down the incremental upgrade route ala iphones, a PS5 would suggest a completely new system/architecture and thus a resetting again whereas i think they've made it clear they want you to be able to run your games and take your library with you

0 |

More like Sony fanboy site invents analyst story to put people off of Scorpio.

0 |

Yeah, I would take that sort of thing with a fist full of salt. But Sony will definitely not want to let Microsoft get a headstart on them with Scorpio. Not sure what they'll do though.

0 |

they'd be mad to upgrade the hardware again so soon after the Pro imo. I think that'll put them in direct competition with PCs, and they won't win that battle.

0 |

I kinda thought they'd jumped the gun with the PS4 Pro as it would seem to be a bit mad to upgrade *again*, but if Scorpio does what it says it will, and isn't an unreasonable increase in price over the PS4 Pro, then they'd need to have something up their sleeves.

0 |

New No Man's Sky update

0 |

so, 6 months after release they add a buggy?

0 |

Ps4 pro probably due an upgrade, already struggling with 1080p content

0 |

#PCMasterRace

1 |

the only thing to get me back to #PCMasterRace will be Star Citizen, if they can pull that game off and meet all their promises then i'll come back, until then there is nothing out there that interests me or the handiness of grabbin my controller, hitting the PS button and being in the game before my arse finds its comfy spot.. you just cant do that with a PC... besides when Star Citizen finally releases ill be trading in my old laptop for some SLi'd 1080's :-)

0 |

I can do that with the PC too. Computer boots and has steam library of 100,s of games sitting there in about 30 seconds if that. Then if I fancy playing on the sofa I just turn on TV and controller in living room and steam is there via steam link and I'm sitting playing something there within seconds. If anything when round at mates house his PlayStation has way more patches and updates that you can't skip than I have ever seen on pc.

0 |

Yeah, that's the way I play too. I like having the choice of where I can play games. Can't always play or want to play in the living room, so I can go and play on the PC on the fast monitor in peace upstairs.

#PCMasterRace

0 |

Tonnes up new stuff in the update, Poo - no-mans-sky.com/pathfi...

Haters gonna hate, though.

0 |

If i could pick up no mans sky for 20 quid i would be all over it. 60 quid still on steam is a bit of a piss take. especially when they keep using the 'small indie team' excuse when anyone questions anything.

Thinking of picking up homefront revolution for 10 quid on steam sale. As they seem to have sorted out many of the problems it had at launch.

0 |

No Man's Sky £24.49 though PS+
#Consoleunderclass

0 |

If they keep adding content and improving it, it really could turn into a great game. They're fleshing it out quite a bit at the minute in regards the gameplay mechanics and gameplay content, but hopefully they'll work on the storyline/narrative content a bit at some point. If they developed a better, more engrossing, lengthy campaign, it would be a really great space game/RPG. At the minute it is still quite basic in that sense and more just an exploratory/survival/chilled out experience, but still good and enjoyable, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm holding off getting back into it again, as I want to see where they take it with updates. I have a wee dabble every now and then and just head off to some new star systems and see what the planets and moons are like. It's nice, but I'd love it if there was some more missions/storyline in it to really feel like there is a definite purpose to it all.

0 |

See no mans sky has just went on sale on steam for 35 quid now. It should be that price before a sale.

0 |

Against my better judgement I bought a switch.
Zelda is amazing. Doesn't hold your hand.
The console is definitely not finished. Wifi doesn't even work properly unless you're close to the router. Graphically not close to PS4 and very far from PS4 pro designed games like Horizon. But a good step up from DS. I think it's going to be a much better portable than the DS if it gets a good game catalogue and when virtual console launches. It's definitely more a portable than a home console regardless of what Nintendo say.

0 |

I find the nowaday games/graphics on Nintendo very cloudy looking

0 |

Breath of the Wild
i.redd.it/s8grr99gshky...

0 |

i was considering one myself along with a wii u but all my 6y.o. plays is Plants vs Zombies 2, hes addicted to it and when he plays online hes usually mid table in the rankings.. feel wick for some of those older players getting bate by a 6y.o.

0 |

BOTW is on the Wii U anyway. Might not be shiny enough for our RJ. I hear it was developed for the Wii U initially.

0 |

not for me, i aint got time for nintendo games, for the kids

0 |

This looks pretty good

0 |

and this

0 |

0 |

The kinds of graphics some of these game have in vr already is impressive.

0 |

this guy seems pretty good and honest with his reviews.

0 |

Has anyone ever replaced their PS3 DVD drive?

0 |

www.theverge.com/2017/...

Whats the service like at the moment on pc for ps3 games? would pay 20 quid to play the uncharted games, How good is the streaming? See it offers a free trial but i would have to go buy a play-station controller just to try it. Any of you lot give it a go?

0 |

you don't need a PS controller.

0 |

That does look interesting. I wouldn't mind being able to play a couple of the PS exclusives on PC.

0 |

sumguy, have a gander here and click 'PC' - www.playstation.com/en...

0 |

from what i have read you still need a dualshock controller to get the use out of it. Was wondering how bad the latency is when playing. As would buy a ps4 controller if it worked ok. Would save buying a ps4.

0 |

I used Onlive when it was a thing and played a bit of Dragon Age 2, it felt very responsive to me. AFAIK PS bought out the tech behind Gaikai, Onlive's main competitor (founded by Dave Perry from Lisburn!)

0 |