Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

I love the way Cameron keeps going on about Avatar like it's this absolute classic that everyone thinks about twice a day. Every cunt has forgotten about it, because it wasn't that memorable.

1 |

its now cool to shit on Avatar and forget the film made over 3billion.... i watched it not that long ago, and take out the soppy story and you have a film that hasn't been matched technically or in cgi since, it really is a fucking masterpiece of filmmaking with a shit basic story, does it need 4 more fucking movies? nah but i'm up for another trip to Pandora simply to see what Cameron who is a fucking genius dishes up.. and yeah Takki the world is completely ripe for a big mmo/rpg game, with it all being practically digital i'm surprised there wasn't something done using the original assets

0 |

Of course it made loads of money, I wasn't saying that, in fact it just makes it all the more mad that it has completely been forgotten basically.

0 |

its been 8yrs, of course its been forgotten but once the massive marketing machine ramps up itll be front and center again

0 |

Here Matthew, remember the Xbox? lawl

#PCMasterRace

0 |

#Kinect

0 |

Wha

0 |

lol that was supposed to be hashtagWha but Premium Member markdown turned it into an

0 |

h1

0 |

That post was about as successful as the Xbox.

0 |

Speaking of, that new Xbox Game Pass looks interesting.

0 |

Its a step in the right direction.

0 |

gaming subscriptions, it begins!

0 |

The only things that could end up going worng is if they start to make games only avaible for a certain time. Could end up never owning anything and them going the way of disney and only have games available for certain amount of time.

0 |

that wouldnt bother me in the slightest tbf, i dont play games a second time and if i like a game enough to complete it i usually beat it in a week or two, id be up for a subscription service

0 |

Do PlayStation not already kind of do this? Also im paying fiver a month at the moment for a load of older ea games. And humble bundle give away about 6 to 10 games a month for 12 quid. So we do already kind of have subscription services. Will depend on how new/good the games on offer from Microsoft will be.

0 |

They have PS Now but it's just streaming of games, and not very good apparently.

0 |

Oh, my mate showed me all the uncharted games etc on his playstation over chistmas said you could have them for X amount a month. Didnt realize it was streaming them, Good to know as that was a factor i was putting into buying a PlayStation, is i could just pay whatever a month and smash through all the games i havn't played on playstation.

0 |

So anyone getting a Nintendo Switch then?

0 |

Considering it,

0 |

Seems Breath of the Wild is getting decent reviews. What other games are available for it?

0 |

Not a big launch catalogue.

Fast RMX
Just Dance 2017
Human Resource Machine
I Am Setsuna
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Little Inferno
Shovel Knight
Skylanders: Imaginators
Snipperclips
Super Bomberman R
World of Goo

0 |

Zelda alone almost looks worth it, but maybe next year when the price drops.

0 |

That'd be one expensive game. It does look great though.

0 |

I have never played a Zelda game, bar maybe 20 minutes of Ocarina of Time on an emulator. I bought a link between worlds for 3ds but havent played it

0 |

I'm hearing you need a smartphone and their app to handle voice comms and multiplayer? Do they expect young kids to have a smartphone?

0 |

So what you're saying is young kids won't be able to use voice comms? Sold.

0 |

haha. or connect to mp servers without this app - so I'm led to believe.

0 |

You're not convincing me it's a bad thing here ;)

0 |

Avatar was probably the best film I've seen in 3D.

Onto gaming tho, I see the rift has had a price cut and Horizon zero dawn is awesome so far

1 |

If a young person is running about with the tablet part of the switch, chances are they have a smartphone too.

uk.ign.com/articles/20...

This is their logic.

0 |

imgur.com/Sriw29

0 |

Why does the xbox one get so much negative press? Surely its as good as ps4

0 |

0 |

Think it's just had a bit of a ropey ride and the PS4 has probably given it a bit of a beating generally. It's still a decent console imo, but I'd still rather have a PS4 if I didn't have a PC.

#PCMasterRace

0 |

What the graphic supposed to be about takki?

The Xbox One got negative press because of the botched announcement, as well as being slightly behind the PS4 in performance terms. But, bearing in mind that sales have seemingly been fine anyway so lets not worry about that part of things, there are advantages to owning the console playing catch-up. Namely the Xbox has evolved massively from a software perspective since launch, and the digital game service has also improved a lot too - Games with Gold is excellent, and this new game subscription service sounds useful too.

In comparison, it seems like Sony have largely rested on their laurels a little bit with the PS4, although software was never their strong suit.

Anyway, we'll see where Project Scorpio takes things, and what they have planned for it with regard to AR/VR

0 |

I hope Scorpio does to PC what the 360 initially did, as in blow all mid tier PCs out of the water.
That graphic is supposed to say xone is used for netflix.

0 |

Oh I see, bit misleading, but I guess it's nice for PS4 owners that they're finally getting a decent exclusive after years of the Xbox getting them all ;)

0 |

Bought bf1 premium, cos there's a new map with snow

COS SNOW.

also buying Forza Horizon tonight with the wee lad cos he's took a liking to the demo and I fancy a blast at a driving game

Anyone play it? No. Carryon

0 |

best thing about Avatar was Cameron using the technology to remaster Aliens.

0 |

My 10 year old loves Forms horizon 3. Plays infected with his mates online which seems good craic. I don't think you can play 2 player split screen though.

0 |

Looks great. Graphics are getting amazing these days.

0 |

It doesnt run nearly anyway as smooth as that. On the lowest settings with a 1060. It does look nice turned up but runs like shit. Lots of pop ins too.

0 |

that does indeed look like an incredible sandbox to play in, pity its not open for modders to come in and make something truly great from it

0 |

defo one to pick up from the bargain bucket in a year or two! after the division..2

0 |

If that's the height of gaming in 2 years time. Shoot me now

It's fucking rubbish

0 |

Can't wait to see the new innovations in radio towers that unlock new areas of a featureless map!

0 |

The witness can go get fucked. Gave it way longer than it deserves without using a guide, but some puzzles are just impossible to work out without help. Even using a guide some stuff just doesn't make sense. Pushing through with the guide as I'm expecting some massive pay off at the end, or at least to see why it's got so much praise.

0 |

Is the Witness that random about solving puzzles? I was going to buy it on the Monthly Bundle.
Did you play the Talos Principle? If so, how does it compare...I found the puzzles in that *reasonable* to figure out, I only needed to use a walkthrough once and I was gutted that I didn't figure it out (it was a lot more simple that what I was attempting)

0 |

Watched a bit of Limmy playing The Witness a while back and the puzzles looked random as. I didn't see the start of him playing, so not sure what way it explained the rules, but Limmy and most other people watching were struggling with what you're meant to do. It was a bit where he was walking about on these walkways between trees. Looked melty as.

0 |