Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

It's in my back log, not played it yet. Looks decent, but nothing special. Seems to have that Ubisoft layout of a map with loads of repetitious side missions. Which I actually really like.

0 |

Yea its worth a check out, Like wayne said its just a re-skined batman/mordor type game, but with a bit load of driving thrown in. Is a load of wank to collect but some of it actually has purpose for upgrades etc not just random pick ups. I got 30 enjoyable hours out of it. Story is a bit lacking but works.

Think thats why im enjoying dragon age, it has shit loads of collect 10 of whatever etc missions but they always feel part of the story somehow. Also playing Warhammer Vermintide as got it in bundle, Looks really good like a left for dead type game.

0 |

That Mad Max is meant to be great looking graphically, also?

0 |

Mad Max is great - played it for 80 hours and collected everything. A lot of people said it was repetitive but I enjoyed every minute of it.

1 |

Hey Caazin Neeko, let's go bowling.

GTA4 now backwards compatible on Xbox One. Just sayin'

0 |

Destiny 2 confirmed 2017 release. Yeah you think I keep this shit as my avatar for natin?

1 |

Have you even completed a raid bro?

0 |

lol

0 |

played the F2P D&D Game Neverwinter nights last night with a mate on PS4, not a bad wee mmo i have to admit will definitely check it out some more considering it costs sweet fuck all

0 |

I gave that a go when it launched. It was running at less than 10fps when we reached the main hub area.

0 |

was running sweet enough last night, the main hub area was packed with players all zipping about on mounts and there wasn't any noticeable slowdown, game world feels alive which is good for these type of games and whilst rather simplistic was still good enough craic

0 |

Loved Destiny. Got all of the DLC and then when the new one came out on X-Box one I couldn't buy it individually. Serious dick move from Bungie.

0 |

Yeah, they sort of made so you had to buy a load of content you'd already bought. That really put me off.

0 |

Might give that another bash then AARRRR JAY!!!

0 |

there’s seems to be a shit ton of content that comes free and I noticed no in your face “must buy this shit” popups, just a bog standard wee fetch quest mmo set in a relatively cool looking wee world

0 |

For honor is meh. Seems you really need to be playing with mates to get any type of fun from it, even then dont see many playing it for long. Think ubisoft needs to work better on making games that work both with mates but also enjoyable alone. siege , steep and for honor all dont really work playing solo. wildlands looking the same.

0 |

re-visited Deus ex Human revolution, hated it when I first played it, though I didn't really give it a chance, really enjoying it this time, using some sweet FX tweaks & it's still a great looking game, far better than MGS-phantom menace imo, the new one mankind divided is stunning looking as well.

0 |

What FX tweaks did you use. I've got it in the backlog.

0 |

i was thinking of going back and trying it as i was the same couldn't get into it when i first played it. but the series always gets held in high regards.

0 |

www.nexusmods.com/deus...

0 |

Human Revolution is an amazing game, bit of a cop-out ending though. I'm playing through the Infinite Warfare campaign, I swear, I've opened like 200 of the same door in that game. There is literally one at the end of every corridor. WTF's that about?

0 |

Its shite?

0 |

it's not *that* bad apart from the constant door opening. Not many single player fps campaigns to choose from these days.

0 |

I have hopes for Battlefront 2, but there's been nothing in years that compared to Titanfall 2's.

Call of Duty just seems to have flipped from the series that innovated to the series that copies others.

0 |

Battlefront was a game that disappointed hard. Such great graphics and sound with the lamest gameplay. Two things I wanted was even a fairly lame SP campaign in the StarWars universe and MP like Battlefield.

0 |

I really enjoyed Battlefront's MP to be honest, in fact I'd probably still be playing it if not for TF2.

0 |

Battlefront has decent MP. I still play it now and again.

0 |

Really looking forward to BF2 purely for a single player campaign with those GFX, I simply can't play mp with a console

0 |

Downloaded BF1 onto the laptop, looking forward to hooking it up to the TV and playing the campaign in 4K when I get a spare 5mins

0 |

You'll have to pick a different acronym for Battlefront there, Battlefield is usually BF1, BF2 etc. Maybe SWBF1/2?

0 |

Finished TF2 campaign earlier. Excellent. Good to see they out a bit of effort into it and not just the multiplayer.

0 |

getting the smart pistol at the end is excellent.

0 |

TF2 can not be titanfall 2.

0 |

TF2 = Titan Fall 2 yip. The ending was great.

0 |

it made me have feelings, great ending

0 |

Every time i see tf2 i think of team fortress 2.

0 |

30 odd games and a few books for 30 dollars over on humble bundle. Shame i have most of them from previous bundles.

0 |

hope someone puts this to good use! - www.pcgamer.com/judge-...

0 |

Is that the Star Wars bundle Sumguy?

0 |

bout fucking time, now give me a GTA5 set in the big meg controlling Dredd

0 |

No wayne, its a load of indie title. Would be tempted as it includes the witness, but i have bsdically all the others. If i didn't its a great deal. Would say most would work on laptops too.

0 |

That's very tempting.

0 |

I always found Judge Dredd and Mega City One a bit cliche. Strontium Dog, Sláine (Simon Bisley's version), Nemesis & ABC Warriors could be amazing as games. I played the Rogue Trooper game years back, it was a really average 3rd person cover shooter. Very disappointed especially as it was prob my favourite 2000AD strip.

0 |

Any IP holder worth their salt would be approaching a well respected developer and asking them to collaborate. The fact they're just holding up their IP saying "Anyone want this for a few quid?" does not bode well.

0 |

You could reskin the Arkham games, change a few mechanics, and very quickly have an excellent Judge Dredd universe based game.

0 |

Think we've agreed in the past that Rocksteady would make a great Dredd game.

0 |

Still here Wayne? When you quitting?

0 |

soon wee mate, soon.

0 |

I think you should stay but just cut back a bit.

0 |

Bf1 winter update live.. After a 4 hour download

Hooray for Ribbons!

0 |