Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

wish Epic would release they're latest unreal engine demos for benchmarking, much prefer those to the 3dmark wan's

0 |

"If you're just wanting a fairly decent, all round GFX benchmark, you'll get a decent idea of how your system is doing from 3DMark."

Nice one, cheers Takki.

Also, RJ... *their

0 |

Even went to the expense of an apostrophe too.

0 |

unigine.com/en/product...

OK free option if you just want a rough test.

0 |

"UNIGINE benchmarks can be effectively used to determine the stability of a GPU under extremely stressful conditions, as well as check the cooling system's potential under maximum heat output."

Yikes!!!

0 |

NERD ALERT

0 |

Wayne joining the #PCMasterRace

0 |

What are you wanting to run a benchmark on, Wayne?

0 |

Seeing if my Macbook runs games better under OS X or under Windows 10 (bootcamp).

/braces self

0 |

isn't it obvious?

0 |

That's how Takk started, just running a benchmark one day and now he's addicted to frame rates and response times.

RJ can't sleep at night unless he uses up all his VRAM with ultra HD textures

I know my motherboard voltages but can't remember my wife's phone number.

2 |

hard to fill 16gb of VRAM & 32gb ram tbf

0 |

Wayne, why not install Steam and just get a cheap game that has decent GFX and then try in each to see which runs better. I'm not sure what way benchmarking software would run on two different operating systems, or if that would give accurate representations/figures on how gaming would run. You'd probably be better just trying the exact same game on each to see how you feel each runs.

Instead of that extremely overpriced Mac, you should have got yourself a decent gaming PC, a reasonable laptop (for mobile computing/work) and a tablet (for the living room), then kept the leftover change for a gig or something.

0 |

But he has a touch bar that can be used for literally dozens of things - scrolling through emoji! repeating the functions of standard hardware keys! erm.....more emoji!

0 |

what gfx chip is on the macbooks Intel Iris?

0 |

Overall, the Iris 6100 (if its that exact one) is about as fast as a dedicated GeForce 820M.. in other words a wee bit shit for playing games running on a whateverthefuck resolution a retina screen is

0 |

You can get 16Gb vram?

0 |

Will you have to get a dongle to plug in a USB mouse or controller, Wayne?

1 |

imgur.com/a/19onG

0 |

Ah, 8gb vram x 2 sli.... Still 8gb in gaming terms

0 |

Rj do you work in something to do with architecture? Have they not looked into VR in anyway to help with work? Thought that kind of business would benefit with VR.

0 |

I wanted a MacBook. I bought a MacBook. Been working with computers for over two decades now. Don't really need anyone telling me what I should've bought.

1 |

Aye right

0 |

Aye right what?

1 |

You say that, but you bought a Macbook

0 |

Member it was Apple fans that were the smug wankers? Member? I member.

1 |

Lol

0 |

Deckard • 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
Ah, 8gb vram x 2 sli.... Still 8gb in gaming terms

Mon nai windows can now address all of the memory on sli'd cards whereas before it could only use the vram on one of the cards.. feck all out there that would take advantage of 16gb anyways

0 |

Yeah sumguy when I get a chance I'll look a bit more into it at this moment in time it's pure novelty factor, I tend to just run em through my projects on a big screen but until they severely shrink the headsets down and go wireless I can't really see a place for it in actual site meetings

0 |

Yeah so in gaming terms...8Gb VRAM, few HD texture packs in 4k and we've got a party RJ

0 |

Fair price to sell a PS4 with 5 games? Thinking around £170 BSM

0 |

What games?

0 |

Wayne, would this maybe be of interest to you?

www.nvidia.co.uk/shiel...

0 |

you still have to pay for certain games on top of the subscription.

0 |

www.reddit.com/r/battl... Next BF1 patch will nerf gas grenades, introduce map voting, ribbons and increase max class ranks

0 |

Traded BF1 in today and got Titanfall 2. Its really good. Loving the campaign so far. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

0 |

PROTOCOL 3: PROTECT THE PILOT

0 |

Lego games. Who's played them? Recommended?

0 |

I've played all of them. I love them. The Batman and Star Wars ones are my favourite. Avoid the LotR/Hobbit games.

1 |

anyone going to give for honor a go? free open beta this weekend on uplay. I like they way ubisoft are doing these open betas for most of their games now, as usually the free time they give is enough for me so dont have to buy the game. Steep being the best example.

1 |

Can they be two player, Waynus?

0 |

Aye theyre good fun for a lock of hours and you can play 2 player. Perfect for a bit of co-op with the wee man
Have Batman sitting unopened from Xmas.

0 |

grown men playing lego games. teacup gamers ahoy.

1 |

Only playing games that are aimed at your demographic cus you care what other people think. Dullards Ahoy!

0 |

some bad news guys, Disney's Club Penguin is closing down on the 29th March :''(

0 |

Does really even matter what game you're playing when all you clearly care about is your resolution and frame rate anyway?

0 |

Have bought the wee lad all the PS4 Lego games and you can 2player em all, every single one follows the exact same formula so perfect for kids can't see what a grown adult would get out of em tbh but as a co-op with the wee lad they're great fun, the new starwars one is excellent and I'd recommend the HD remake Harry potter collection as you get 2 games for a cheap price

0 |

Also Lego dimensions is pretty damn good as well

0 |

Resident Evil 7 can go get fucked!

Should've stuck to Lego.

0 |

#PCMasterRace

[Steam] Mad Max - £2.37

www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

Worth it?

0 |