Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

Call of duty is stunning in 4k

0 |

RJ what's the pro like for kids games?

I'm close to grabbing one but think I will end up just playing the odd game of FIFA. I just don't have the time and motivation for these obviously excellent but hugely time consuming games so be good if the wee girl got use out of it also

0 |

Get a Switch Muzka

1 |

Fifa looks shit on it

0 |

Sure it's just a bunch of pixels running about a big green pixel kicking a white pixel. You want to be able to see their ball sweat?

0 |

m8 if its mainly for the kids and you're only going to use it for soccer, id buy the cheaper slim tbh and save the money

0 |

the kids arent going to tell the difference but your wallet will

0 |

I don't technically mean the visual looks Matthew, I mean the generally look, feel and how it plays

I've a new 4k TV though rj and like the look of the vr and don't think I'd buy a new one unless it's the pro.

0 |

Had to drop this in here, this seems to have came a long way since i played the earlier demo the other year. the way they are recreating the whole boat with such detail is cool enough but by the looks of it it will have an ok story mode eventually too.

www.titanichg.com/demo

0 |

Now a senator is calling out Battlefront

www.gamespot.com/artic...

0 |

Well lad if you've an eye out for a potential future VR purchase then aye grab a pro

0 |

Holy shit sumguy the detail on that titanic model is incredible, must get that downloaded for a look

0 |

Hopefully the EU will bring in a law to prevent loot crates as gambling. I know online gambling is legal in UK and Ireland, but EA will probably avoid making different versions for here and for the rest of the EU.

0 |

Kids are already gambling like fuck on Steam when my nephew explained it all to me as he's a massive GSGO gamer and the shit that goes on around it, I'm very surprised that no one's done and in-depth look into it

0 |

EA have been at the forefront of loot box stuff for years. The whole FIFA coins thing is mad and the ingame packs they sell.

Heard many a horror story about big credit card bills been ran up by kids. Including my wee cousin

It's getting more and more in your face too

0 |

"Kids are already gambling like fuck on Steam when my nephew explained it all to me as he's a massive GSGO gamer and the shit that goes on around it, I'm very surprised that no one's done and in-depth look into it"

TBF, it's 3rd party sites that enable the betting/gambling. You can only buy/sell/trade items on Steam. Steam have got a bit of shit in the past for not doing enough to stop the other websites, but you know what the internet is like. If there's an opportunity to make money, people will exploit it. They did try and get a load shut down last year, but it only managed to stop a few sites, some ignored, some tweaked and others popped up in place of the others.

0 |

Paying for things that give random 'rewards' is stinkin', especially when it's actually baked into the game itself. Total bullshit.

0 |

Somebody told me today that you get a free game every month on PS4. Metal Gear Solid last month. I wasn't aware of this.

0 |

Think it's only if you have PlayStation Plus (premium/paid part of PSN)

0 |

Xbox and ps paid subscription gives games away every month I think.

0 |

I've been a member since the release of ps4 I've a shit ton of free games I've never played and they do seem to be getting better

0 |

Two games a month on Xbox One. Actually four because there are 2 backwards compatible Xbox 360 games for free each month too.

0 |

Sony PlayStation VR Gaming System with PlayStation Camera and VR Worlds PS VR Game and Gran Turismo Sport £232.95 www.johnlewis.com/sony... effin bargain lads

0 |

You get a handful of free games every month with ps plus, usually a big budget, an indie, a PS3 and a ps vita one. Not sure how it works with Xbox but you can only play them as long as you have an active plus subscription?

0 |

Xbox you download and keep. I've about 20 free ones on mine and cancelled my subscription about 6 months. All still work

0 |

unfortunately Sony are cunts in that you cancel you lose out but tbh i dont really play MP, the kids play Lego & Minecraft and i sure as shit havent played much of the free games.. but by fuck was i impressed as all hell at the Metal Gear Solid5 freebie, i played through the opening hospital section not expecting any of it at all.. WTF.. fire demons, crazy violence, excellent graphics and very cinematic.. eh!? ive never played a Metal Gear game before, i thought it was sneaky shooty shit.. didnt realize it had horror/scifi elements so can see me giving that game a blast for a bit

0 |

It goes more sneaky, shooty after the opening.

0 |

RJ, I'm playing through MGSV on the PC at the minute. It's fucking brilliant.

You can play it sneaky or go all out, guns blazing. You can develop weapons and stuff along the lines you like to play. It's open world, so you can go about the missions any way you want, from any angle. You can use 'buddies' to help too, like scope out areas before you get there or to provide sniper backup from the hills around you, etc.

There so much more to it, though. It really is a great, great game.

0 |

yeah i loved what i was played so far, looked fantastic and was so far out to the leftfield over what i was expecting

0 |

It's got absolutely shite AI though. They just stand and stare at you.

0 |

First play at Project Cars 2, Lie

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

Live*

0 |

>>>

FERRARIS, yyyes

0 |

Jim Sterling
@JimSterling
To carry on the survival horror analogy I made in my loot box epiosode, if Overwatch is Resident Evil, FIFA is Alone in the Dark

Anyone watch his videos? Quality gear.. He hasn't fucked up about loot boxes for ages too

0 |

For anyone who has not played Virginia can get it for 70p at the moment. Its a bit weird, not really played anything like it. But if you have 2 hours to kill its worth the experience, more like watching a silent film.

0 |

Good story, sumguy?

0 |

www.techradar.com/news...

Decent switch deal from Amazon on Monday.

0 |

Holy fuck. If you have a 4K HDR TV be sure to watch this so you get a 4K HDR YouTube stream.

0 |

Its a weird story takki, sometimes a little hard to follow with no actual dialog, One you kind of have to go online after and see what other people thought was going on see if it matches what you think. Wouldn't say its worth much more than a couple of quid. but glad i played it. more like a interactive tv show.

0 |

Got it there. I like those sort of things. Cheers.

0 |

I haven't tocuehd horizon in ages. Since getting the HDR TV in fact. Was playing it in four k though. Would there be a noticeable difference?

0 |

So any of yous play much Fortnite? Any good?

Looks class craic but id probably spend 20 mins hiding in a building and then get snipered trying to leave

0 |

Played fortnight battle Royal a bit. Its just a faster arcade version of pubg. Is a bit of fun and gets a bit tense if you last near the end. Its the same as pubg tho, too much waiting about in lobbys then you land and have to run for miles most of the time.

0 |

PC2

Look at that. Quality.

0 |

Up on two wheels and all

0 |

#pcmasterrace some good bundle deals on at the moment.

The humble monthly early games are worth 12 quid alone, with the long dark and quantum break. Also have Xcom for free today, that xcom is ok, like a very very stripped back mass effect.

www.fanatical.com/en/b... and the second teir here has enough to make it worth it. The uncertain is a bit slow but ok, Bohemian killings is pretty cool 2 hour experience. And for anyone who has not played the valley has to. Running and jumping about in the valley is some of the most satisfying things to do in any game i have played. Really surprised how it flew under my radar when it came out.

1 |

lol @ spending money on high end PCs

it will be all about the cloud shortly. RIP masterrace

1 |

" like a very very stripped back mass effect."

XCOM is nothing like Mass Effect - its a turn based strategy game.

XCOM 2 War of the Chosen probably my game of the year.

0 |

That will only make #PCMasterRace stronger.

0 |

The Bureau X-Com is a 3rd person cover shooter.

0 |