Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

ghost & goblins is one of the more forgiving games too

0 |

They’ve turned off loot boxes in Battlefront completely now: www.eurogamer.net/arti...

0 |

*temporarily turned them off

0 |

It sounds like Disney forced them to do it, so I'd imagine it'll not come back very quickly at all. In the meantime, I'd guess they'll need to make substantial changes to the progression system for unlockable items, if there's no currency to be bought.

0 |

yeah id agree Disney is all over this, theres no way they'd let EA fuck up or put the star wars franchise into a negative light coming up to xmas and beyond

0 |

It's a total pisstake to charge full price for a game, then expect people to play for 4500 hours (if they don't want to spend even more money) before they can access all the characters/content of the game.

0 |

EA had a call with Disney yesterday apparently. With a new film coming out, no doubt they wanted this quashed ASAP.

I dont have any issue with loot boxes and microtransactions that dont impact gameplay. Costumes and crap like that in games like overwatch are good. You can win them at some point anyway. Titanfall does it really well too. Fancier looking titans if you want, but absolutely no impact on the gameplay. This system works for those who want to buy this crap and doesn't cause any problems for those that don't. And I see that a lot of people do opt to buy this stuff.

Battlefront though taking the absolute piss. Lets hope this is a lesson to game publishers.

0 |

Going to get either Gran Turismo Sport or Project Cars 2 apres work here. Most probably PC2 cos the first one blew me away although I want GTSport too even of the reviews aren't as good. Thanks

0 |

Psvr bought at abbeycentre. Mazing

0 |

s2 - I don’t mind those kinds of microtransactions, but I also wouldn’t mind the progress-boosting ones too, as long as their existence doesn’t cause the developers to hobble progression when you don’t spend money. GTA Online has that kind of system, essentially. EA really fucked this one up.

0 |

Agree Shane. This has to put the brakes on the p2w model

Greedy bastards.

0 |

"According to one player’s estimates, it will take you around 4,528 hours of gameplay, or $2,100, to unlock all content in Star Wars: Battlefront 2."

That's for the actual game content. The stuff people paid the £50 for. It's a joke that there's that much slog/money involved in unlocking the content.

1 |

vroom vroom

i.imgur.com/B2YBbgbr.jpg

0 |

This looks cool

ore.steampowered.com/a...

Anybody in these less mainstream type games? Indie games or whatever they can them?

0 |

vroom vroom vroom

i.imgur.com/pdgDbVbr.jpg

0 |

UTH

0 |

Steam is amazing for game. There's now no doubt about it that consoles can provide exception graphical performance in terms of bang for the buck, but a gamers will easily make the money back ten fold when it comes to content on PC.

0 |

the beauty of pc gaming was not losing games between each generation, i think that's changing now though.

0 |

imgur.com/u9ngP0Q

0 |

Finally completed cuphead. Never wanted to smash a controller more in my entire life

1 |

I've heard it's excellent

0 |

Exasperating at times (most of the time actually) but looks amazing and despite it being rock hard, it's never unfair

0 |

Brutal

imgur.com/WnuTjH7

0 |

Haha, damn. Glad I only play Sims.

0 |

RIP them 4

0 |

www.nvidia.com/en-us/g... what's all this?? Sounds too good to be true

0 |

Has anyone got Horizon Zero Dawn? Just watched the Digital Foundry tech analysis of it in 4K HDR and it's fucking stunning looking. Then I saw a video of snow in it and how it's rendered with the vegetation underneath and it's amazing. Actually kinda tempted to get a PS4 Pro now as the reviews of the game seem brilliant, too. RDR2 out soonish too, so will need a PS for that anyway.

0 |

I have it, it came with my Pro along with Wipeout, it is indeed one of the most stunning open world games I’ve played, utterly gorgeous and detailed environments, the mech dino’s are class looking and behave realistically and 4k or fauxK it looks incredible on a 4K display, but after sticking about 20hrs into it I got a hankering to replay Uncharted 4 (had just finished watching Black Sails and UC4 storyline is all about Pirates!) so I’ll need to revisit it again

0 |

for me having a Pro is all about this game i cannot fucking wait to play it and can only imagine how incredible the world ND will build for it

0 |

There's some cracking deals about for PS4 Pros and there's a couple of games out now that I'm dying to play, so I might see about getting one from Santa.

I've still to finish the first TLoU. PS3 kicked the bucket and I didn't think there's any point getting a new/2nd hand PS3 just for it now the PS4 is out/remastered version is available.

0 |

Horizon Zero Dawn is great.

0 |

Who is that fox in that screenshot of HZD. Does that virgin need saved from the Dragon of Chaos by the architypical hero who embraces his dark side, rescues the virgin, gets the gold and finds redemption in bringing this wisdom back to the community so good times prosper again?, roughly speaking.

0 |

You play as her.

0 |

Gaming in 2017: 2 minute Youtube videos of someone just walking in circles in snow.

0 |

Once I’ve finished this 2nd playthrough of Uncharted, looks incredible on the Pro (heck it looked fucking incredible on the base ps4 tbh) I’ll gonna replay TLOU in 4K, theres just something about those games that are soo fucking good and replayable.. heck I’ve been hovering over rebuying the uncharted 1-3 collection again on digital (sold my disc) to replay em, Takk you really need to finish TLOU easily top5 game of all time and it looks so good remastered.

The main heroine in Horizon is class, she’s likeable and brilliantly realized, the amount of detail in her character is nuts

0 |

The PS4 has so much going for it at the minute. So many great games, great price, VR...

0 |

Seems like all the consoles are in a pretty good spot right now. I think Switch might be the most interesting of the 3 to me at the minute though, considering I don't have a 4K TV and probably won't for another couple of years.

0 |

Any reason why not? There’s a real tangible difference between a decent 1080 and 4K HDR set and now that the UHD disc format has been blown open there’s a flood of 4K stuff available from 18gb to 40gb a movie, plus Netflix & Prime have some incredibly good looking tv shows in 4K HDR..

0 |

I have a 4K TV for my pro. To be honest i didnt notice that big of a difference in the games that were enhanced for FauxK. Im not a big graphics person anyway. But yeah consoles are doing great. I love my switch. got Mario at weekend and its excellent. Very lighthearted.

0 |

I haven't upgraded yet, purely because there isn't enough content to interest me. My GT50 still looks mind blowing for most films.

1440p 144Hz is where is is at anyway for gaming, far prefer that over 20-30fps on consoles.

0 |

Isn’t enough content? U fo realz? There’s a shit ton of 4k stuff out there for watchin on the tella, as for PC Gaming aye id say 1440p is the sweet spot for big FPS and no compromise on the GFX

0 |

netflix and prime will be compressed, same as always

In terms of blu ray rips, there isn't a huge catelogue that I'm interested in

0 |

4K just seems like one of those things that'll be much cheaper in two years time, and I don't play too many games, and there isn't a huge amount of 4K TV content just yet that interests me. I'm not a videophile either, so I've never really been bothered by the quality of 1080p.

0 |

1080 peasants

#4KUHDMasterRace

1 |

8K or GTFO.

1 |

Wanking myself into a froth over some pixels has never been my bag. Started playing Inside the other night, cracker wee game

0 |

I really enjoyed Inside, much more so than the previous game Limbo.

0 |

Inside looks intense as fuck.

0 |

it's got a fantastic ending

0 |

Thousand

0 |