Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

It's like original MGS x 1,000,000

0 |

Official Call of Duty®: WWII - Story Trailer

0 |

New The Last of Us Part 2 trailer

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

I remember posting about how disappointing I found the formulaic single player Last of Us experience.

I would say however that I thoroughly enjoyed the multiplayer game.

1 |

CCP are shutting down their VR efforts, EVE Valkyrie and a few other games included. Not good news for VR at a critical time.

www.eurogamer.net/arti...

0 |

Says more about CCP than VR, tbf

0 |

the money is not there for big devs to sustain that level of business, having said that Resi 7 is meant to be incredible in PSVR

0 |

If yous hear about any good deals for a Nintendo Switch let me know lads

0 |

Mohammed www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

2 |

Top man Shane. Thanks mate.

1 |

0 |

Took delivery of my new Alienware 1080GTX laptop yesterday, have to say it's a fucking damned sexy piece o kit, blazing fast on the old work stuff, looking forward to checking out some games on it and mightily tempted to grab VR for it over the PSVR..

0 |

no 1080ti - no party

0 |

Alas no laptop could handle the volcanic heat load and dissipation of a Ti in a frame small enough for me to lug about in London if required, a single 1080 will suffice

0 |

Who made your Lappy RJ?

0 |

/IT told you to get lost when you tried getting a SLi 1080ti setup with gsync

0 |

#PCMasterRace

Get Watch Dogs for free - freetrial.ubisoft.com/...

0 |

ubi couldnt pay me to play that shite game

0 |

Is it shite?

0 |

* Whys it shite, I meant.

0 |

its so generic it ain't even funny, i hacked about 2hrs before the utter blandness of it all put me right off.. its a by the numbers ubi game

0 |

Will maybe give it a whirl at some point. Cant complain too much if it's free!

0 |

more BS from RJ. It's better than The Division, that's for sure. Watch_Dogs 2 was excellent too.

0 |

Ubisoft games are muck.same old shite concept in everyone.SHITE

0 |

I'm with RJ. Gaming time is precious. Don't waste on it on utter shite just cos it's free/cheap

Anyone get Cod? Interested to know if it's up to much

0 |

Ack fuck off Poo m8, its utterly generic drivel.. graphically bland and full of the sort of shit UBI pays a thousand cheap Indians to populate the world with.. gaming time is precious and I for one wouldn’t waste it on this ballicks..

0 |

Says the lad who stops playing games half way through that he loves and replays and replays others. You're an inefficient gamer.

0 |

Got new cod 4k enhanced etc game in front of me.. Get new xbox in a few days... It's killing me

0 |

I hear assasins creed origins is excellent

0 |

Heard that but I'm not a fan ofrunning about hiding in every fuckin thing..I'm sure it's moved on from last time I played it buy not my cuppa tae

0 |

*but

0 |

Like the look or Origins myself.

0 |

Cuphead is hard as fuck, lads. Only got onto the third island there now, already died 312 times.

0 |

One of the best games ever...

0 |

Looks like Battlefront 2 is one to avoid:

Pay to win :(

0 |

I'm really curious how much of the negativity is rage over the actual mechanism vs how it actually affects your gametime if you don't use it. Because I loved the first (/third) one, and don't really care whether people are progressing faster than me or if I can't unlock everything etc. If it actually means the game isn't going to be fun, then that's what I want to know.

0 |

Who wants to play a MP game that give huge advantages to someone who earned/paid for essentially a damage boost (or increased shield)
Some of these can be up to 20% and stacked. Fine if it's a free game, not a AAA priced one.

0 |

I guess I do, if the game is still fun to play. It's not like I'd be paying for the loot boxes, so I don't really see it as a vindication of EA's choices if I do buy the game.

0 |

Shadow of War has a similar system but it only really.comes.into the end game. Where you have to defend fortresses after the main story to get an additional ending. You can grind for a hundred hours to get the orcs you need or buy them. And the grind in this case is unfortunately painful. Enjoyed the story though and the main game so gonna trade it in.

0 |

Fucking shocking. 40 hours to unlock Luke Skywalker. lol

0 |

0 |

so you don't mind getting stomped in a game simply because someone pumped an extra £50 into the game and got lucky with some boost? I'd rather play a MP game where skill or map knowledge put you in front, not cash/loot boxes. The last BFront was shallow and this seems no better anyway.

0 |

I don't mind getting stomped in games if I'm enjoying them. Used to go days in Titanfall 2 playing like a donkey and it was still a lot of fun. As long as my team is winning, I don't care too much. Plus, I'd be almost certain that the people who actually pay money for that kind of shit are the types who can't make full use of it anyway, ie. they're rubbish.

0 |

Also realistically, I usually end up way behind on the progression front anyway, even before you introduce pay-to-progress, because I don't really get to play that often.

0 |

0 |

Seems like EA are quickly making changes to the 'cost' of in-game unlockables for Battlefront 2 anyway:
www.eurogamer.net/arti...

I dunno, if this is the price for free DLC, I'll take it.

0 |

Poos post must've rattled them

0 |

i.imgur.com/u5NbY90.jpg

0 |

Discovered the Spectrum emulator this week. Man, some great nostalgia to be had there.

Anyone ever gone back and got a Megadrive or something too? Retro gaming store in Smithfield now and some of the stuff he puts up on Facebook is great.
Some games I have unfinished business with I'd kick ass at now I reckon. Not a fuckin kid anymore P.E#1 from Road Rash 2 you fucking bully.

1 |

You ain't kicking ass on old games believe you me matey it was a different time and back then we had fucking loads of it, I have one of these badboys images.mobilefun.co.uk... hooked up to a jaikbroken ipad4 running mame and Jesus wept old ass arcade games are hard as fuck, ghost & goblins is downright sadistic, great fun to have a blast through shit when drunk or the mates are around but you'd need some patience to get proper good at it

1 |