Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

I bet it's some CAD related justification

0 |

Haven't done the raid yet no. Not sure if I am about tomorrow night but if i am will let you know.

0 |

Can understand the GPU requirement....a g-sync monitor? RJ's laptop bill will probably put a few people out of the job

0 |

what are you doing with your old 'broken' laptop?

0 |

No Mans Sky really has improved so much. Some of the views are absolutely stunning now - bs.twimg.com/media/DKv...

0 |

s2 • 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
Still dont understand why you need a laptop of that magnitude. What is your job anyway?

M&E Engineering BIM Manager

Matthew • 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
I bet it's some CAD related justification

You have no idea of the amount of horsepower I need in order to do my job as efficiently as possible, I can have several large complex 3D models of various projects open, skipping between each one, I also like to render out scenes of my work for meetings etc for that extra wow effect

Deckard • 52 minutes ago
Can understand the GPU requirement....a g-sync monitor? RJ's laptop bill will probably put a few people out of the job

We play Urban Terror at lunctime…

[POo [POo • 21 minutes ago
what are you doing with your old 'broken' laptop?

Taking it home and ringing the house insurance company up

0 |

Im just wondering why its a laptop you need specifically, surely much easier and cheaper to have a beast of a desktop PC doing rendering, then a really basic laptop for meetings.

0 |

I push for a powerful laptop because the option is there for me take it home, or when a specific project calls for it I can go base myself on site for a few days to work without having to lug a desktop to some site office and run the risk of being stolen in some break-in, plus at meetings I usually have to justify my reasons for engineering a section a certain way and the only way to effectively do that is to run the people through the model.. plus I need a powerful laptop to run Star Citizen when it finally releases..

1 |

Use a pencil and a set square you lazy bastard.

0 |

Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer:

0 |

Holy fuck.

0 |

I'm fairly hyped for that game, but that trailer didn't really make me more hyped. Looks great though, I think I'll have to get a Xbox One X just for it.

0 |

Yeah, the trailer didn't show enough of the open world for my liking, but I've every confidence it's going to be brilliant. Wish they'd say something about a PC version.

0 |

I'd bet a bit of money on there not being a PC version, considering the first one had none.

0 |

Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta is on

ore.steampowered.com/a...

0 |

GTA 5 did though so there's hope I suppose.

0 |

Anyone get the SNES mini?

0 |

Not for me those really old school games, played the death outa them when they originally came out and can’t be arsed with the mechanics tbh

Have found myself replaying Uncharted4 and really enjoying it the 2nd time through, with the amount of games on my system unplayed or merely looked at I decided to stick on UC4 see what it looks like on the Pro (not much of a difference other than it appears sharper, then again it was always a looker) and enjoyed the shit out of it so much I’m about a third of the way through it, have to admit I do miss the more supernatural leaning of the first ones but the sheer skill on display from ND on this game is leagues above everyone else

0 |

fookin'ell

0 |

#PCMasterRace

Just got PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds. Anyone else on it?

0 |

I have it. Walking simulator.

1 |

Had a wee play last night. It's good. Can def get caught out and have to do a bit of running tbf, but then the action moments easily make up for that. Very addictive.

0 |

a bit of running? 90% of the time you're running to the zone.

0 |

Been looking forward to this.seems shite

0 |

#PCMasterRace

Steam Halloween sale is on - ore.steampowered.com/s...

Thinking about grabbing The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition myself

0 |

I wish I could forget The Witcher 3 so I could play it all again.

Amazing game. Grabbed Wolfenstein 2, looks like a classic

0 |

Mario Odyssey out today for Switch. Looks impressive

0 |

Yeah, cant wait to play it this winter, Deck. Been really itching for another Skyrim-esque experience.

Got Wolfenstein 2 on my wish list. Will definately be getting it at some point in the future. Quite a few other games from my wishlist in the Steam sale, but have to get through what I've already got. Need to get my library thinned out.

0 |

Mohammed Lopez • 24 minutes ago
Mario Odyssey out today for Switch. Looks impressive

Trying to resist until I finish Zelda, shadow of war

1 |

Is it as good as people say, mate?

0 |

Its fantastic. The only game i could compare it to really is Skyrim, but on a bigger scale, but less annoying side quests. The exploration on it is amazing. I still have 3 or 4 zones to go to and am about 90 hours in.

1 |

Shit, thats impressive. Cant wait to get it. My mate let me gave a quick run around on it once. Visually stunning. I like how you can disconnect the wee controllers and play it with one in each hand

0 |

Yeah its handy but i recommend the pro controller. Its brilliant.

1 |

Is that the thing you attach the controllers to?

0 |

Fuck. Bit late to the party, but Metal Gear Solid 5 is some game. Up there with my all time faves.

1 |

Wow. New Star Citizen development preview is something else. They seem to have made some amazing tools for quick creation of really detailed and varied environments. I'd say the development should accelerate a fair bit now. Fucking epic looking. Live stream on Twitch now.

0 |

No it's a standalone controller. Very like the Xbox 360 one.

0 |

Pes 2018 is seriously fucking good for a football fanatic like myself..
i mean.. pushing footy games on is a big thing

0 |

MGS5 is sublime - shame Kojima didn't get to finish it.

0 |

From about 11 minutes..

0 |

Looks great as always but I'll be dead by the time it's reasonably playable.

0 |

haha quite possibly.

They do seem to have nailed a lot of the tools for creating the vast worlds, though. And they seem to have ironed out a lot of the mainstream bugs which should allow them to work more/faster now.

The way I see it, even if it's another 5 years, PC technology should have moved on enough to get top end performance and graphics that only monster PCs can supply now, and if the content continues at the pace it is now, there should be a pretty amazing amount to get into by then, so I'm happy waiting. It's just great to see some pretty cool developments. I might dip in again after 3.0 is released and the dust has settled. See how much it's come on since I last tried it.

0 |

Do yous ever wonder how good gaming will be in the future.. As in a time when we'll still be able to enjoy it and play regularly.
Most of us are in our 30s.. We're really the first gen of gaming

Will it be the norm to have gaming pensioners

0 |

All the time muzak. Especially when playing recent games. The graphics, complexity, level of detail.. it's already pretty incredible. Then I think back to games 10-15 years ago. Night and day. And technology/software progress is getting faster all the time.

Some of the games we can play on our phones now are better than even last gen console games. It's bonkers.

0 |

Lol.. Some graphics.. That sort of detail really makes a game more enjoyable like even the act of shooting someone with those graphics increases the immersion.

When you put it like that it's staggering.. The leap in 20 years is amazing.

0 |

Another place you can really see how much graphics has advanced and how it's going to progress is in characters faces. Think back to last Red Dead Redemption. Not that long ago (7/8 years ago?), but at the time seen as being really pretty good graphically etc:

But now it won't be long until we have this sort of level of detail:

0 |

Graphic aside.. The complexity that goes into creating a modern football game and the varying levels of AI difficulty is mind boggling

0 |

Deckard • 2 days, 18 hours ago
I wish I could forget The Witcher 3 so I could play it all again.

Amazing game.

i really really tried to get into it but it simply didn't click with me which is a bloody shame as its meant to be amazing, don't know what it was but after i had completed the bloody baron quest line i just couldn't be arsed continuing, might revisit when they Pro-patch it

I'm about 3/4 of the way through my 2nd playthrough of Uncharted4, when im done with that i'm probably gonna replay TLOU and i have a ton of unplayed games ffs

0 |

RJ, you should give MGSV a whirl

0 |

I have it, didn't really get into the prologue and it came free with PS+

0 |