Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

The Elite Dangerous planets are extremely boring looking tho. Doesn't even seem to be any point in landing on them. Is there?

0 |

Ive not played it in ages so Ive not landed on a planet....

0 |

If they ever get Star Citizen finished, and finished with all the bells and whistles they've been saying it will have, it'll be the ultimate space game, by a mile. It's spacescapes look amazing *and* it's planet-side environments are stunning and should have a decent amount to do on them.

0 |

[POo [POo • 38 minutes ago
Comparing NMS to Elite Dangerous is like comparing a go-kart to a formula car.
|
profilephotos/greenman38.jpg.80x80_q85_autocrop_crop-smart.jpg
zygote23 • 19 minutes ago
Id have to agree Poo Poo

Awaits description on how they are that different in gameplay.

0 |

It's a big "IF" takki but yea if they fulfill their goals Star Citizen will be a helluva game

0 |

arstechnica.com/gaming...

Sonic Mania looks good.

0 |

SO started a new game of NMS and ffs that we orb thing i must have clicked on. It does not give you any option on what path to take just sets you off looking for space stations like what i did on first playthrough. On the plus side this new start planet is much better can walk about without it draining my health and it looks really nice. Also have found way more different bases etc. And now i knew what i was doing i got my ship up and running in about 10 minutes and am now able to just explore before i jump straight off my first planet.

0 |

Get some screenshots with the camera. Love seeing some of the environments that NMS conjures up.

0 |

The No Man's Sky reddit can be pretty handy for tips, but watch out for spoilers. Some great looking screenshots go up on it too:

i.redd.it/mllg012k0rez...

imgur.com/O7tZD

i.redd.it/ykdhq81z2obz...

i.redd.it/7qagsv7j5wfz...

i.redd.it/3j6onubfptfz...

0 |

going to stick the new gpu in tomorrow and stick the graphics up a bit. seem to be set to medium as auto but did not want to mess with it before as it was running ok on my naff card. Have to say with the amount of hate it has got i have been surprised of how much i have enjoyed playing it. Still think it reeks of a rushed out game but its enjoyable enough for a 16 quid indie game.

0 |

Mod for 3rd person flights in No Man's Sky. It'll probably come in a future update now. - giant.gfycat.com/Messy...

Amazing view - i.imgur.com/xgb5bj7.jpg

0 |

The Story for Half-Life 3 was just released by the lead writer

github.com/Jackathan/M...

0 |

episode 3 mind, not HL3

0 |

Few weeks before Project Cars 2 & Gran Turismo Sport are released.
Going to pick up that Skylines for the PS as well. Some decent gaming there.

Here's a few laps of Spa I did in Project Cars to warm up for the F1 there. Such a sexy game.

0 |

Nice addition >>

www.projectcarsgame.co...

0 |

Destiny 2 beta runs like butter on the PC apparently.. any non Destiny PCers considering getting it.

I swore I wouldn't get sucked back in..

0 |

I didn't like it - It all feels too floaty for me.

0 |

Had a few yokes like that

0 |

Floaty.. as in the double jumping and stuff.?

0 |

It's doesnt feel like double jumping like it is in a game such as Titanfall. It feels like it has half or quarter gravity or something.

0 |

As if it where in space?

0 |

I agree with Poo, the movement in general does feel a bit floaty. Weapon handling is nice though.

I'm interested in getting it but the feels very easy with a mouse/keyboard. It does run very well though, although the framerate does bounce about from 100-165 - I imagine optimisation will sort that....feels silky smooth anyway.

#gsyncmasterrace

0 |

Depends on which guardian type you chose. One of them has a floaty jump, another has teleport and third has bog standard double jump.

1 |

Hope this happens. It'd be a great excuse to play through all of HL2 again - arstechnica.co.uk/gami...

0 |

I thought the HL2 Episodes were fairly average - especially Ep2 Antlion Caves - That level sucked the fun out of the entire episode.

I wasn't aware that Destiny 2's classes had different movement systems. I just throught they had different shields and abilities. Funnily enought the class I chose was called Titan. I'll have to try the other two classes later. Slight pain in the hole you have to endure that single player level for every new character.

0 |

Love that there's headers like this in the world - www.theverge.com/tldr/...

0 |

Anyone played Ark: Survival Evolved?

0 |

Negative.

Just picked up XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - an entire new level of self harm. Should keep me going until Destiny 2 is released for the PC

0 |

Got a free Steam Key for Ark: Survival Evolved. Not too sure about the time needed for it, but it looks nice so will give it a whirl anyway. Reviews dont seem too bad.

0 |

If the red legion want war.. give them WAR
I'm installed and ready to go tomoro night..

I'll bet you Wayne is lurking and ready to go as well

0 |

I pre-ordered too. That game is like an abusive relationship you just can't bring yourself to leave.

0 |

Since when was a church ever referred to as a cemetery?

image.ibb.co/bFfM3a/DS...

At least it isn't a mosque, yet.

0 |

It's a city management game and the cemetery is part of the 'health' section of buildings, where you can choose to build cemeteries or crematoriums. Churches have no utilitarian value that would make sense in a city management simulation.

Also, fuck off, cunt.

2 |

You're awfully easily wound up, Matthew.

0 |

Says you

0 |

Cities Skyline is a great game btw, highly recommended. I have the Xbox One version, wish it had mods like the PC one.

0 |

Any destinyers have much plans for tonight.. probably enjoy a few hours just. Hopefully no day 1 patch

0 |

Shit forgot that was out today. There goes the next few months.

0 |

Anyone that's preorderEd and looking to play at midnight.. get on now and make sure the final file size is 38.3GB
I think that includes an update from the last few days

0 |

I have to pick it up in Smyth's and doubt they'll do a midnight opening.

0 |

No.. Tescos and Game just. You'll be glad in work tomoro though

0 |

So yeah 2 hours played lastnight.. feels good. Few story missions and landed at the EDZ. Started a side mission adventure.

The joy of having a map with icons on it.
Everything is just that bit slicker and better stitched together.. is it 5 oclock yet

0 |

AI is drastically improved on the enemies.

0 |

Loving it so far tbh.. what's your thoughts s2?

Kinda enjoying the Titan missions more than EDZ

0 |

Didnt play a lot last night. Only did the starting stuff, one mission in EDZ, an "adventure" and a public event. Like it so far but early days.

0 |

Done a few titan missions. Loving the platforms.

0 |

Matthew, how do you find employees for your industrial district in Cities Skylines?
I've provided transport links etc. Still crying out for workers.

At pains to believe my numerous universities are providing too many educated people who don't want to do manual work but I think that is what is going on.

Except for a EU licence bringing Romanians to my great city which I don't want, any tips?
Apart from razing that zone altogether. They're pissing me off otherwise.

0 |

Such a beautiful game again. I'll send a vid later of my Utopia.

0 |

Good?

0 |

That game? Very good

0 |