Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

Nice looking GFX overhaul mod for GTA5

0 |

Having a nightmare getting this card replaced. Nvidia passed me onto gigabyte saying it was up to them now gigabyte is saying i have to take it up with amazon. but pretty sure stuff is only covered for 70 days with amazon and then the tell you to contact manufacturer directly.

0 |

Why did you contact nvidia at all? Contact whoever you bought it from.

0 |

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds monthly update is out and it has first person servers...

0 |

yeah there are some really nice shader settings for GTA, flying into Los Santos at night has to be one of the best buzzes in gaming it just looks stunning in 4k @ 60fps using just high textures, can only imagine how good it would look in VR

0 |

GTA humblebundle - www.humblebundle.com/s...

0 |

nothing Humble about £30 for GTA

0 |

So amazon giving me the refund not a replacement as the card is now selling for 120 euros more than it was 6 months ago. So still kind of getting shafted. thinking of just getting this as its closer to the price i paid for the old one.
Any reason why it is so much cheaper than the other?
think cuz it looks a bit gehy just?
www.amazon.es/MSI-GTX-...

0 |

That's a fucking disgrace, they should replace the faulty card. I'd make a fuss over that.

1 |

+1 fugging disgrace

+1 fugging disgrace at GTX 1060 price.

Do you have an old GPU you can use until this cryptocurrency mess blows over? Market is going to be flooded soon with used cards - not that I'd advise buying a mining card but prices should drop again.

Guy I know sold his 2nd hand RX480 for £320 and picked up a 2nd hand, barely used 1080ti for £490...lucky bastard.

0 |

aye all a bit of a joke but really nothing else i could do got passed about to a few people at amazon all saying the same. 1 guy even said look we will give you 100 euros and you can just keep the card but thats not really any use to me either if its broke. So just ordered that one i linked. It better not arrive and i find out its my psu or something thats actually fucked ffs. Could probably keep at gigabyte and maybe get it sent to them for a repair but would end up costing me the guts of 50 quid to post it to them so just gave in, at least this way im getting a new card and has only cost me 25 quid.

0 |

1080ti for £490 dayaam thats a good price for a stonking card

0 |

www.ebuyer.com/752928-...

any use sumguy?

seems like ebuyer not sticking the arm in

0 |

sumguy, what did they say when you said you wanted a like for like product?

0 |

that one's only only 3gb

0 |

Just realised the 3GB thing

Overclockers have marked down a load of nvidia GPUs

0 |

#PCMasterRace

Any of youz use Origin Access? £3.99 a month (cancel anytime) and there seems to be a decent list of games on it (see the link below). I'm thinking I might grab it for a month and bate through a couple of single player campaigns in the likes of Battlefield 1 etc

www.origin.com/gbr/en-...

0 |

They basically just kept telling me the only option they could give me was a refund.

Used that origin access thing last winter and was able to finish unravel and dragon age in a month was worth it.

0 |

That's a bit of a melt. The prices of GFX cards is ridiculous the way it's been fluctuating. That one you bought looks pretty sweet, tho.

0 |

Only way to deal with it is buys cards miners won't touch..a 1080ti will do, okay, 2 of them

0 |

First time I'd ever heard of a crazy place called "Vermont".
Absolutely Sick game.

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

Another decent sized update out for No Man's Sky - www.nomanssky.com/atla...

0 |

It's on sale on Humble Bundle at the mo, also. £15.99.

www.humblebundle.com/s...

0 |

hahaha give it up Takki - it's a turkey

0 |

he loves that no mans sky does aul takki

0 |

I still love it

0 |

I got Elite Dangerous. Essentially the same except there's a bulletin board with missions. But i dunno, got bored of it quickly too.

0 |

0 |

now its dropped down in price i might check it out.

0 |

It's definitely worth £16.99 tbf

0 |

essentially the same game? wow, what an insult to Elite Dangerous.

0 |

Well it is really. Its a space sim. fly about, buy shit, mine shit, shoot shit. OK elite does have the whole factions thing but it is all based on the results of the bulletin board stuff you do.

0 |

if you have not played pony island its well worth the 1 quid on humble bundle at the moment.

0 |

Soo takki wtf am i supposed to be doing in no mans sky. got off the first planet, got the ship sorted found a few beacons it wanted me too, found enough stuff to make money to get a hyper drive for my ship. Now its basically just saying find some rare metal but with no clue to how to get it. I did all that in 3 hours but now im just flying about place to place in a hope i chance upon this bit of metal or whatever. My inventory is full in both my ship and my suit and have no idea how i get upgrades. And apart from flying back and forth to the space station to sell what i can carry, which is very very little i dont even know what i can spend the money on. I was kind of enjoying it up until its basically just left me hanging with no real goal or any idea what im working towards.

0 |

You can buy stuff from other ships and from the galactic terminal (round machine things on the wall of quite a few buildings). Also, when you're on a planet, you can activate your scanner to see what around you. It's worth upgrading your scanner also to get better range. Also, if you scan plants and stones, you can get secondary elements from them. Might get the metal you're after.

Take your time with it and just enjoy the exploring. I think a lot of people think that NMS is going to be the same as all other games that hand hold you and tell you were to go the whole time, but NMS is all about you finding your own way and seeing some cool stuff along the way.

There's also the 'campaigny'/story element to come. Don't worry, you've PLENTY left to do.

0 |

And when you're in space, if you look at a planet or moon so it brings up their name, then scan, you see what the main elements are on that planet.

0 |

Yea enjoying it. Not spent 5 hours in one day playing a game in ages especially in the summer so it must have something about it. I dont mind a bit of grind but at the moment I don't even know what I'm grinding for. I keep seeing locked doors that require an atlas pass but Google says I might have missed the bit to trigger it right at the start of the game.

0 |

Found any nice planets or moons?

Jumped into a new star system and was greeted by this view. Planet very like earth, with its own moon.

i.imgur.com/duaa4l1.png

0 |

have one on the horizon i think looks a bit like earth, but every one i have been on so far has some extreme hazard. the first one had too much heat , next radiation, next cold etc. Am still to find one i can just walk about for a bit without the risk of death every 15 mins or so.

0 |

When I played it, I missed the Atas pass thing too. Not the end fo the world. Some info here: www.reddit.com/r/NoMan...

0 |

#PCMasterRace

The Steam Link App Lets You Play PC Games on Your Samsung Smart TV

If you've got a newer Samsung Smart TV, you can get the Steam Link app to stream your PC games.

The Steam Link box lets you stream your PC games to your television for $50, but if you own a 2016 or 2017 Samsung Smart TV, you can grab the Steam Link app for free.

www.escapistmagazine.c...

0 |

Was only one star system away from the first crash site so save up and jumped back to my home system. found home planet but no marker or anything for my initial crash site. Googled it and load of people doing the same only way to find it is to just stumble across it . Even people who have are saying you can still not trigger the atlas mission. Lot of the game seems full of wonder and possibilities but then when you peek a bit deeper most of it just seems like a bad unfinished mess of things that could be cool but not possible. For a game about exploring the universe the map system is awful.

0 |

I cant remember back to when I was at that stage, so not sure what you might have missed or whatever. What is it you need to get or are trying to find?

0 |

not too sure but searching on how to get the atals key to open some doors in space stations etc it required you to select the atlas path at the very start of the game by interacting with some orb at the crash site. i dont remember any orb or choosing any path at the start i just collected what i needed and jumped straight off my first planet as it was super hot and could only be outside the ship for very small amounts of time.

0 |

haha ah right, I know what you're taking about. It's literally right next to your ship when you start.

You should probably notch this down to a trial run/learning run and just restart the game. I think you can get it sorted, but it's kinda random/luck when you'll get the chance to get the pass and it could be ages from where you are now in the progress.

0 |

I'm just wondering is the start of the game now different than it was at launch. Would hate to restart only to find there is no path to choose now. As I'm sure I was round my ship and clicked on everything possible. Will mess about a bit more later and then I think I will just try and forget about it and hope I stumble across it at some point.

0 |

Yeah, you'll start on a completely new planet in a new system, more than likely. The thing will be by your crash site, dont worry. Loads of people restart their games after new updates come out so they can see all the new content. I'm thinking about restarting my game, although I've still got quite a bit I want to do with my current game.

See the sphere thing in this screenshot with the four wires coming out of it, that's what you need to interact with - cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploa...

0 |

Some Elite Dangerous shots....I was a fanatic player of the original Elite in the 80's on a BBC micro. I've had Dangerous since before it was officially released but rarely play anything at the moment.

0 |

Comparing NMS to Elite Dangerous is like comparing a go-kart to a formula car.

0 |

Id have to agree Poo Poo

0 |