Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

Yeah, I think I'll bite when that gets released. Too many games on the backlog and besides, I can't stop playing Titanfall 2

1 |

My brain is beginning to hurt from the amount of Titanfall 2 I've been playing

0 |

see the new mode?

0 |

Anyone trying out the destiny 2 beta?

0 |

Fuck Bungie and Destiny 2, swore I wasn't going near it, if still 30fps.
Had lots of fun with Titanfall2 in the winter.. Couldn't touch Battlefield after I started playing Titanfall.. just felt so boring in comparison.

0 |

sure you can play the original ARMA3 PUB mod instead of forking out another 30quid for the standalone

0 |

Big sale on psn. Go go go. Or don't

0 |

Thanks Muzak. Got wildlands a few weeks back. Pretty good.

0 |

ffs not another sale... anything good?

0 |

Uncharted Collection for 19.99
Last Guardian 15
TF 2 15

1 |

Some nice deals tbf. Batman premium edition is about 15 or something

0 |

Last Guardian for £15? I'll be having that

0 |

Uncharted collection for £20 has got to be one of the best value collections, absolutely loved those games and the job done on the remasters was incredible

0 |

Bought titanfall2 for 15nicker see what the fuss is about

0 |

DOOM free weekend for all platforms + all DLC now free

www.hotukdeals.com/fre...

0 |

How to win at FIFA

0 |

Think my gfx card is playing up. Only bought It last November. Anyone know did I have to register the card when I got it to be under warranty? Never sent anything back before just wondering before I start the whole return process.

1 |

Nah, you'll be totally grand with proof of purchase/receipt. Why do you think it's playing up?

0 |

shit like this stop this quality game from being truly brilliant.

Hope they sort all that nonsense for the sequel.

0 |

computer has restarted after about 15min of gameplay a few times, screen is flicking black screen for a second or two every now and again. And get the odd red lines across the screen. Took it all apart and cleaned everything there and it stayed on ok for about half hour when playing a game. but still getting the odd flicker and red lines every now and again with normal use. WIll test it laster with a more taxing game to see but this was what happened at the start of the end of my last gfx card.

0 |

What's the temps running at? Use this if you don't know how to get the system temps easily - www.cpuid.com/software...

What GFX card is it?

0 |

Yea was using that earlier tmps have came down a bit after cleaning but still not hot enough to be closing down. Its a 1060. It has not restarted since the clean so fingers crossed its just that. But weird I'm still getting the screen blinking the odd time.

0 |

they're classic overheating symptoms - does your case have good airflow?

0 |

Yea like I said hopefully it is just needed a dust. Doesn't help its been roasting here recently. But my last one went like this then eventually wouldn't boot with the card plugged in.

0 |

The nvidia Pascal cards should down clock when they hit their temp ceiling. My setup has been cooking recently, even with water cooling the CPU has been hitting 60 degrees, GPU just over 80 - not issues with crashing, just more noise form the fans.

You CPU isn't overclocked is it? Could be an unstable OC if you are having restart issues.

0 |

What make/model of 1060 is it?

0 |

Anyone have a go on the destiny 2 beta?

I'm currently playing through FFX at the mo

0 |

Not out on the PC yet - the internet hates it apparently. Player power sacrificed for PvP balance

0 |

Gigabyte geforce looks like its doing OK now. Still getting the odd red lines every now and again tho.

0 |

Card sounds fucked tbh, failing VRAM can throw up artifacts and lines across the screen

I'd RMA it

0 |

yeah sounds like classic card about to fail, i've had several nvidia's burn out on me and that's exactly how they all start, check your bios settings for any hardware checks you can run see if it flags up anything

0 |

Still loving Horizon, still constantly wow’d at how graphically amazing it looks for an open world game but I really need a fucking day off to get a proper session on it and as if I didn’t have enough time to play Horizon I bought Titanfall 2 & Last Guardian, so checked them out the other day, Titanfall 2 looks gorgeous and plays great even though I only really played the starting area.. will be giving the MP a miss as I can’t hit fuck all standing still letalone running or jumping with a joypad and as for Last Guardian, fucking hell thon’s a great game, amazing sense of place/scale, art direction is incredible and they’ve somehow probably through magic managed to get a fucking Cat mimicked in game, the A.I. on the big beastie is definitely something and feels like you have an actual massive animal that needs coaxed through this stunningly realized world..

Now I’ve 3 games to try and play ffs

0 |

my computer wouldn't boot to windows, just kept booting to bios, spent 6 fucking hours trying to figure out what was wrong, took it all apart, tested everything with a clamp meter, ran tests on ram - turned out a wee bit of weed had stuck the Del key down on my keyboard - well that's 6 fucking hours of my life I wont get back again..

1 |

lol nightmare acid. Windows boot problems --> first thing to try is unplug all peripherals/USBs and try startup

This is so true for me - i.redd.it/1tsx9jgg40cz...

0 |

only in EVE kotaku.com/inside-the-...

1 |

lol amazin

0 |

Class lol that EVE looks like it would consume your life though.

0 |

have tried about 5times over the years to get into Eve and barely make it through the tutorial ffs, it needs a massive overhaul of the starting game, by all means leave the main game alone but fundamentally change the start to draw people in better and explain the mechanics over a longer period of time besides MMO's are only worth playing if you can devote insane amounts of time to them

0 |

I tried EVE a few years back and lasted a few hours before I got bored and canned it, fuck paying for that yawn fest. Guys i played DayZ mod with ages ago were fully into it and it baffled the shit out of me. Was playing Player Unknown Battlegrounds there and its like a more fun and better made DayZ in many senses, frustrating bugs included. I somehow managed to get a global ban from it last week and am getting passed from steam to Dev to Battleye rinse and repeat, melting my fecking head that I cant find out why im banned and how to get it lifted.

0 |

HP69 PC riddled with exploits ;)

0 |

H@x0r!!1

0 |

Maybe it's because you murdered everyone on the plane before the game started

0 |

#PCMasterRace

0 |

Looks great, but you'll never notice that kind of detail in most action games.

0 |

Aye, it's overkill, but it'll be nice when it's fully achievable without knackering a system.

0 |

...in VR

1 |

Reckon I'm gonna have to get this. Looks like a brilliant game.

0 |

arstechnica.co.uk/gami...

0 |

First one was great. I like a shooter that focuses on the single player and gives a great campaign.

0 |

enjoyed the first one myself, some crazy ass shit in it and i liked that each level was different from the last

0 |