Choose a discussion

Gaming 2017

A potentially great year ahead with games such as Crackdown, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn.

New console from Nintendo (Switch) and Microsoft (Project Scorpio)

And potentially find out of VR was a passing gimmick, or if it has legs.

0 |

* Same mobo and CPU

0 |

i'll have to take photos when i'm finishing my work here - i'll PM them to you later.

0 |

Nice one, cheers.

0 |

lol, we're both running ancient hardware - 2011 checking in.

0 |

Still running well, though.

You got a 1070 too though, didn't you?

0 |

yeah the Zotec 1070

0 |

lol that's right, you got the same GFX card as me too

0 |

here's the video i used - it sounds like JackFrags the battlefield youtube guy.

0 |

a link might help

0 |

run this and see where your PC under-performs www.userbenchmark.com

0 |

played about an hour or so of superhot there. why do i feel like i have been hypnotized or something? actually feel a bit dazed with the constant white noise and weirdness. Cool game tho glad to be getting round to playing it after playing the demo years ago.

0 |

It looks amazing in VR.

0 |

Yea was kind of holding out to play it in vr when i seen it got vr support. glad i tried it first on a regular screen. No joke felt a bit light headed with the constant white noise sound on the headphones and the static screen every time i died which was a lot.

0 |

SUPER. HOT.

0 |

Gave user benchmark a go. Make sure you turn off any forced v-sync or g sync off first

Gaming 98% nuclear submarine
Desktop 84% Aircraft carrier
Workstation 58% Gunboat

CPU, RAM and GPU performing over expectations.

0 |

lmao -

0 |

www.thesixthaxis.com/2... summer sorted

1 |

about 10hrs or so into Horizon and by fuck its brilliant, graphically in a league of its own and gameplay wise its pretty damn perfect.. loving the story so far what snippets i'm getting

1 |

lol

Mr.President!

Can you take a bullet for the soon to be President of the United States of America?! You play as Dick “Rock-Hard” Johnson a bulletproof man, the best bodyguard money can buy. He is sworn to protect the most hated presidential candidate of all time Ronald Rump.

Liberal media has rigged the election and tarnished his glowing public image, now they are trying to end his life. You need to leap, flip, fling, roll, and many other verbs to get in between Rump and certain death. If Rump dies, Who is going to pay for your Netflix sub? How are you going to pay for your lifetime of student loans or over inflated medical bills? Where will you get the money for another dumb physics game? YOU BETTER SAVE THE MAN OR YOU DON”T GET THE MONEY! It is your American duty to protect, serve, and live by the mighty dollar, because money is the only true sign of someone’s worth.

- Rock hard body destruction - Not only can you bounce bullets off of your body but you can destroy structures with just flinging yourself into them!

- Over 50 Assassination Attempts! - You need to overcome 50 challenging assassination attempts from a unworldly threat.

- Globe Trotting Adventure - Follow Rump during his presidential campaign and visit many different locations around the world.

- Pro Rasslin Challenges - Can you drop an elbow or headbutt on the presidential candidate?

www.humblebundle.com/g...

0 |

It's great RJ. Game of the year from me

0 |

Xbox One X benchmarks detail 4K capabilities—report

arstechnica.co.uk/gami...

0 |

Well, that article doesn't say much.

0 |

Definitely on the vague side

0 |

Digital Foundry done a piece on it yesterday.

Some games will be native 4k, some won't. Most people probably won't notice

oh

and 30fps slideshow gaming as standard.

0 |

Seems like it's been over-hyped and they're trying to let consumers down gently before release.

0 |

Tbh, for the people buying it - games will look much better. Its just like buying a new GPU - you get one and turn some settings up, feel that buzz and then life returns to normal...eventually the world will end, then the universe will collapse.

A few weeks into high refresh rate gaming and I'm a total convert btw, it feels like cheating in FPS games and everything is so responsive. G-sync can be a bit of a melt at times, bit strange - just requires a bit of tuning for some games.

0 |

What's happening with G-SYNC for you?

0 |

Doesn't play nice with some games. Actually get screen tearing while playing Overwatch, just had to set a frame limit using in game functions. Easy

0 |

Is anyone gonna buy an Xbox one x?

0 |

RJ is a given

0 |

I'll get one for Red Dead Redemption 2.

0 |

Not sure. Need to see more about it when it comes out + what the craic is with it and VR.

0 |

PlayStation Now updated with PS4 game support—and a hint at its future

Sony's paid game-streaming service, PlayStation Now, launched a significant update on Thursday with support for current-gen PlayStation 4 games. The feature is live for anybody who pays for an ongoing PS Now subscription, either on PS4 consoles or Windows PCs, and it adds 20 PS4 games to the service's hundreds of PS3 games.

arstechnica.co.uk/gami...

Here is the full list of all of the new PS4 games available as of today on PlayStation Now. We’ve got a variety of genres, from FPS, action adventure, RTS, fighting, racing, and more.

Killzone Shadow Fall
God of War 3 Remastered
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
WWE 2K16
Tropico 5
Ultra Street Fighter IV
F1 2015
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Evolve
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Resogun
Helldivers
Broken Age
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Grim Fandango Remastered
Akiba’s Beat
Castlestorm Definitive Edition
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball

0 |

So does that mean I could play PS4 games on my PC without owning a Playstation 4?

0 |

Yes, although i imagine the game catalogue will be quite dated to avoid hurting console sales.

0 |

I guess so. But the only PS4 games I'm interested in are single-player only, so I can wait.

0 |

im trying to get hold of a ps4 controller to try the psnow thing out on pc. If it works like they say it does i will be blasting through all the ps3 games i have never played this winter.

0 |

#PCMasterRace

0 |

Really enjoying The Golf Club 2. Bit rough around the edges and graphically not amazing but the ball physics are class. Very tough but rewarding

0 |

compete.kotaku.com/15-...

0 |

Sony PSVR @ Amazon Warehouse Deals for Prime members only £211.00

pre-owned/returns - The item may come repackaged. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

0 |

Speaking of VR.. The Golf Club is on VR. fuck me.. looks class ore.steampowered.com/a...

Only steam though, is the XboxOneX (they're really called it that?) gonna be supporting VR does anyone know

0 |

They haven't given much details on it, but it most likely will do.

0 |

Anyone else got a switch yet? Or am I still the only one?

0 |

Anyone playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds?

0 |

i might get it when they have an option for first person only servers. standing behind a wall and being able to see over it with a 3rd person camera is a bit stupid for this type of game.

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt • 5 days, 20 hours ago
Sony PSVR @ Amazon Warehouse Deals for Prime members only £211.00

ahh ya cunt, musta missed that one whilst on haliday, managed to snag a brand spanking new Surface Pro4 with Keyboard for £450 on prime day (50% off, total bargain) and a bunch of other stuff, would've defo jumped on the PSVR had i seen it.. busting to get one tbh

0 |

Chatting with Takki here about getting a team sorted some evening to play this PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, it looks the ticket and like all these sort of games is better played with a regular group instead of randoms, so all you PC Masterrace wankers, would any of you be up to checking this out on a designated evening?

0 |

yeah PM me your steam account name.

0 |

Poo, you see that there's a first person only mode coming out soon?

This also looks like great craic...

0 |