Choose a discussion

Poppy Debate 2016

Who wants to kick us off? And what celebrity will be called out first for not wearing one?

0 |

"our Trudeau" - you live in the North you wannabe

0 |

a shamrock is not a poppy. By all means have green poppy, or some kind of commererative shamrock, but the conflation of the two is just stupid and a bit too try hard

0 |

Probably worth pointing out how that is a bigger story in the UK than it is here in Ireland. Nobody gives a fuck.

0 |

West Brit movement very strong down the south

1 |

When I say I find it offensive I mean only in internet terms. I'll have forgotten about it after I have lunch

4 |

The "Shamrock Poppy" is there to commemorate Irish men/women that fought and died in the WWI/WWII. It's really just looking at the whole poppy thing from an Irish lens. I'd have no issue with the poppy if it was just both World wars but as usual the thing gets blown out of all proportion to include all conflicts the British have been involved in including NI. At that point i'm out and they can go fuck themselves.

0 |

Our Christine at it too

www.belfasttelegraph.c...

0 |

I thought the poppy was just about the world wars? Didn't know it was for every armed conflict but like I said I don't pay much attention.

The shamrock one seems like an easy option to avoid melters

0 |

Leo is constantly trying to wind up the shinners. Said that the me too sexual harassment campaign doesn’t compare to the abuse he gets from men and women of sinn fein

0 |

The white one seems like a easy way out to avoid the melt. Makes sense

0 |

Yeah but then you have the poppy nazis shouting disrespect at you for wearing the white one. Can't win with them unless you emblazon it across your face with a union jack coat on at the same time. Wankers

0 |