Choose a discussion

Poppy Debate 2016

Who wants to kick us off? And what celebrity will be called out first for not wearing one?

0 |

0 |

Let the poppy shaming commence.

0 |

if it weren't for those aul bai's storming the beaches of Normandy you'd all be speaking fucking Nazi.. shame SHAME!!

0 |

It's not only for remembering those aul bais though.

0 |

so a few bad eggs under the direction of the government at the time made a few questionable decisions in our troubled history therefore you decide to dismiss all the good the armed services did beforehand?

0 |

Wayne right now i.imgur.com/0hQyd5L.gif

1 |

How have I dismissed them? Not wearing a poppy doesn't constitute me dismissing them. I spent all day yesterday visiting the war memorials in Berlin. What have you done to remember them RJ? You stuck a we flower on your chest? I think visiting the mass graves of RAF airmen and red army soldiers, and reading their stories, is a much better form of remembrance than wearing a poppy.

1 |

Just heard on the radio about a white poppy. Anyone ever seen one of those?

0 |

lol @ RJ

'few bad eggs', top trolling

2 |

A few thousand bad eggs doesn't make a bad omlette, baz.

0 |

Gerry walking around some neo nazi graves in Berlin is hardly remembering the fallen heroes of ww2

0 |

Wats he supposed to do? Dig up there rotten corpses and ride their maggot infested bony arses

1 |

wear his wee flower with pride would be a start seeing as hes a British citizen

0 |

Wasn't WW2 in teh pa5t .....draw a line....move on...remember if ye want to and it's ok not to bother if thats your thing.

0 |

Holy shit, 12 posts in and we all ready have a "I remember more than you do" war. Amazing!

0 |

all going according to plan says Wayne as he strokes his poodle

1 |

More like he strokes his poo!

0 |

Nothing like an aul bit of poppy craic.

0 |

Poopy McDildo

0 |

If I was on the idiot box I like to think Id decline. I have respect for soldiers but hate the poppy nazism. Should be a personal choice to wear one or not. Some spastics get so wound up by people not wearing them.

Here's a question, when do you start wearing them? They seem to be on for ages.

0 |

Wouldnt wear one. They're cheap, tacky and represent British Imperialism and murdering cunts in the British army. Tiocfaidh ar la.

1 |

I'd wear one if it complemented my eyes. Millions of brave men died for my right to rock a well co-ordinated look.

0 |

Interesting take on it from Veterans for Peace

vfpuk.org/2014/just-be...

0 |

I think there's a lot of very courageus men and women that fought and died in WWII cringing in their graves at this new found fangle of poppy shaming

"You must respect something by doing x, y and z' is a totally idiotic mentality

Fuck anyone that gets offended by wearing or not wearing them

1 |

The U105 fb put a post up asking if 1st November was too early to start talking about Christmas? Someone in the comments stated that people should have respect and wait until after remembrance Sunday before starting. Got a few likes and a picture comment in agreement.

I wasn't aware this was a thing?

0 |

Lol at a British citizen. All my English mates find it hilarious that there are a load of people in the north that think they're British. As one of them put it 'it reeks of desperation.'

0 |

And vice versa?

0 |

Nobody knows what happened them. They were so tasty too esnackreview.files.wor...

1 |

RIP wee choccos!

0 |

I wouldn't wear one. Maybe if they were made of silk and had a glittery diamond in the middle.

Don't wear those cancer or aids bow things either. Not a fan of the old aids or cancer, don't think I need to show the world though

0 |

Classic bigoted DUP voter talk from rj. Yous can wear the poppy and I'll wear the easter lily.

0 |

Also they cost like 20p do they think were made of money? I always assumed the money just goes towards reducing the cost of pints of harp in your local British Legion.

1 |

Do they cost more than 20p now because of Brexit? The wee plastic parts probably cost about £1 now. Id say people who wear poppys voted Brexit so its thier own fault that poppys are dearer now.

0 |

You pay what you feel like paying.

0 |

How much did you pay molinya?

0 |

Give a quid or something last year for 1 to piss off me republican pals.

0 |

joke went,
'night at the races fundraiser @ the felons tonight for suicide awareness. forgot to iron my shirt LOL'
i.imgur.com/Bzxoi9dh.jpg

Got about 7 Facebook likes.

5 |

Is that an Everton badge?

0 |

Yes

0 |

Haha. Very good

0 |

Hahaha

0 |

Aul flegory Campbell was posting on his Facebook page about James mcclean again. Nearly 2k replies of utter bigotry and trolling lol

0 |

Haha

0 |

Must take a look

0 |

had a look and thought nearly everyone needed threw into a cement mixer

1 |

What else do you expect from Huns

0 |

Some bad bitters about

0 |

Can not believe they made a fucking puppet wear a poppy. mobile.twitter.com/elf...

0 |

there's probably some deeper metaphor here... people being puppets, compounded by the fact the cookie monster is the ultimate, single minded consumer

1 |

Cookie Monster us a top top lad. The star of the Furchester Hotel for me. Didnt realise he had any political leanings. Or any thoughts outside cookies.

1 |