Choose a discussion

Cool Mysteries... and shit

This is a dosey

The Dyatlov Pass incident is the mysterious deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural Mountains on February 2, 1959 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

Six of the group members died of hypothermia and three of fatal injuries.
There were no indications of other people nearby on Kholat Syakhl apart from the nine travelers.
The tent had been ripped open from within.
The victims had died 6 to 8 hours after their last meal.
Traces from the camp showed that all group members left the campsite of their own accord, on foot.
To dispel the theory of an attack by the indigenous Mansi people, Dr. Boris Vozrozhdenny stated that the fatal injuries of the three bodies could not have been caused by another human being, "because the force of the blows had been too strong and no soft tissue had been damaged".[2]
Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.[citation needed]
Released documents contained no information about the condition of the skiers' internal organs.
There were no survivors of the incident.

1 |

Maybe Pav knows this one

0 |

Double Slit Experiment

0 |

Love shit like this. Marie Celeste, Amelia Ehrhart etc

1 |

you know what RJ - as soon as I seen the thread title that was the story that popped into my head. mad story and loads of conspiracy for good measure.

0 |

can't recommend these guys enough, they cover all sorts of mysteries with an open mind and are hilarious in chatting about it:

oseconspiracyguys.com

0 |

this one is cless..

Several years ago, a licensed and competent pilot called Carolyn Cascio (or in some accounts Helen Cascio) was ferrying a passenger to Grand Turk, Bahamas, in her Cessna 172 aircraft. The weather was clear, and two airport employees standing near the runway watched as the plane approached the airport. As there was no communication from Carolyn Cascio's plane, the tower tried to contact her, saying, "Cessna aircraft, this is Grand Turk. Please identify yourself."

There was no answer.

The airport manager and his assistant went outside and stared in bewilderment at the Cessna as it circled directly above the airport in a holding pattern. Why would the pilot not answer? Why was she not attempting to land? Again and again the controller tried to make contact: "This is Grand Turk calling the Cessna overhead. Do you read me?"

What happened next was both bizarre and chilling.

Carolyn Cascio had apparently left her microphone keyed in the open position, thus enabling airport control to hear the conversation between the pilot and her passenger. What follows is an extract from that dialogue.

Cascio: "I don't understand this. I must have made a wrong turn. This should be Grand Turk, but there's nothing down there, no airport, no houses."
Passenger: "Right."
Cascio: "It's the right place on the map, and the shape is right and all, but this island looks uninhabited.
"Look, no buildings, no roads, nothing. It has to be Grand Turk, but it's not there.
"It looks like Grand Turk but it just can't be."

At this point, airport control knew that something was seriously wrong. Cascio was flying directly above the airport in clear conditions but apparently could not see it. Desperately they tried to contact her over the radio, but to no avail. After half an hour of circling, the airport picked up Cascio's last, chilling words.

"Is there no way out of this?" she said, before apparently making a decision to fly to another island.

In bewilderment the entire airport staff watched as she banked sharply to the left and flew out across the sea. The aircraft flew into a low-lying cloudbank, but did not come out the other side.

Neither Cascio, her passenger nor the aircraft were ever seen again.

1 |

The double slit experiment is my experiment to tell people about who have no idea about the weirdness of the quantum world. Another cool one is quantum entanglement.

Couple other favourite less sciency mysteries off the top of my head

- Voynich Manuscript - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
- Easter Island
- Cicada 3301 - www.theguardian.com/te...

I remember reading a great article on the internet about a load of weird as fuck mysteries. WIll try and find it.

Then there's the big ol' sciency ones like:

- where are all the aliens
- where/how did life start
- what is dark matter

1 |

Denver Airport has some madness wafting about it too. Possibly more on the conspiracy side of things, but still pretty interesting reading.

1 |

One of the other things I love trying to wrap my head around and get blown away by is maths. Graham's Number is a good example, and a bit of a mystery. It's such a big number, they don't even know what it is, but they do know some of its digits. I just think it's amazing how we can even think of things like this. Also, there's loads of weird things about why maths even is the way it is. It's a human construct, yet it predicts so much in nature. It's all sorts of wtf.

Also, there's a good BBC Horizon on Infinity, which has some mind bending stuff in it:

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/...

1 |

Some good reading material here. Keep it coming.

0 |

5 |

DB Cooper case is class

0 |

Cool wee video there Takk. Spooky

0 |

Giving Takki a wee up vote there for helping me kill 15 minutes in work. Good job.

1 |

THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

2 |

www.johntitor.com

0 |

that's great forumming. waiting 35 years on a joke, wish I'd thought of that.

0 |

I keep thinking of this stunt/expression of art/troll.
having a kid and versing him/her in the art of forumming/trolling people. providing the love and care they need to make a well balanced, intelligent young adult. providing the support they need to get a good education - having them attend Oxford then Harvard and then gaining an American citizenship and supporting them as they become actively involved in American politics. they proudly move up the ranks to the Senate. more and more impressive bringing together a divided nation the house agrees to change the rules so somebody born outside the state can run for President. they win that race by a record number and the Free World rejoices at this new leader who will make everything good and then on the day of the inauguration in D.C. just as they are about to place their right hand in the bible instead they just walk straight to the microphone and announce "nahh. I don't even want it anyway." And walk offstage.
I will die an old man laughing.

0 |

forum.hudsonbelfast.co...

0 |

normally swerve all this kind of stuff but love these missing 411 mysteries. aka the Bigfoot kidnappings.

0 |

Oh aye, that's your woman who was found in the water tank in extremely weird circumstances.

0 |

yesss, nice on RJ! love this sheeeit. You should watch Devil's Pass it's class , all about the dyatlov incident.

0 |

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

0 |

That sounds like a modern day Voynich Manuscript, babs

1 |

this one always creeps me out www.bizarrepedia.com/h...

0 |

Magic lads! These are great.

0 |

0 |

weird youtube channel www.youtube.com/user/0...

0 |

I'm gonna get you Bigfoot. If it's the last thing i do.

0 |

kryptos sculpture en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

zodiac en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

wow signal en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

the hum en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

0 |

watched a film called Willow Creek recently about Bigfoot, was pretty cool.

0 |

Love those ones like Carolyn Cascio pointing to alternate timelines etc..

'Conspiracy theorists generally believe that Cascio flew through a rip in space-time, and arrived over Grand Turk Island at some point in the distant past, before the island had undergone urban development of any kind, or become inhabited by humans. This theory requires that her radio transmissions were able to pass through the rip in space-time and back to Nassau Airport at the present day. This theory also requires that the present-day inhabitants of Grand Turk Island were able to see her plane circle the island for 30 minutes, though it had already passed through the rip in space-time, or was still inside the rip.

Because no sign of her, her passenger, or her airplane was ever found, this theory continues that during her return for Nassau, she flew through the same rip in space-time and was not able to return to the present day, thus landing at some point in the past. If this were true, it would still be possible to find the remains of her airplane, but as yet, no wreckage has been found, neither on land nor in the ocean.'

0 |

Also on the sciencey stuff, Jim Al Khalili's book is great.. Paradox: the Nine Greatest Enigmas in Science

0 |

Duga radar en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

0 |

The Body on the Moor

://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-e8c6cbab-da44-4a3c-8f9b-c4fccd53dd24

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/res...

0 |

Mysteries of the Kybalion and the 7 hermetic principles...

www.sacred-texts.com/e...

because its been a while

0 |

www.gq.com/story/kurt-...

0 |

Check this out...

kholat.com/en/#abou

0 |

0 |

Max Headroom's freaking me out

0 |

I love how people pulled those things off and kept it a secret

Another one of those 'top 5' vids.

0 |

Its funny how those "ghostly" pictures have died a death since the dawn of digital photography, camera phones, etc.

0 |

Majestic 12 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

0 |

Spontaneous Human Combustion www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

The 'M Cave'

www.viralnova.com/m-cave

"The search continues for a 47-year-old hiking enthusiast who disappeared somewhere in the deserts of Nevada. While the Sheep Mountain area has been known to take the lives of even experienced hikers, the missing person's case of Kenny Veach is particularly peculiar. The self-proclaimed "adventurer" sought after a mysterious cave he said once evoked a strange, possibly supernatural occurrence within him."

0 |

Allan

defib

--------------

From the comments on a video of one of his YouTube videos (no idea on the legitimacy of it though):

Sheryon Pilgrim7 months ago

I am the girlfriend that Kenny spoke of in the video. There are so many posts. I had no idea until a friend let me know. So many people are wondering what happened and guessing different things. You are heart felt about the sadness around what has happened with Kenny. He has not been found and I feel that he probably will not be found for many, many months, if ever. I want to share what I know and feel about what happened, so that you might bring some closure and understanding in your own lives. Kenny absolutely loved hiking in the desert. It was his very, very favorite thing to do. We hiked and camped together all over the Nevada desert.... sometimes 9 hours in a day. We found many abandoned mining towns, usually referred to as "ghost towns" by Nevada hikers. We explored many caves and mine shafts. We were always careful how we explored them, but Kenny was a bit more daring than I was. We wore snake guards, sun protected clothing, used walking sticks, brought enough water and food for the hiking hours and had extra water/food in the car. (He rarely drank all his water.) We took wonderful pictures of all sorts of things we saw... rusted cars, old falling down buildings, cemeteries, mines, wild animals, tarantulas, scorpions, trees, cactus and flowers. Our deserts are beautiful, if you have a love for deserts. They are not "spooky" scary but you do have to be careful of the terrain and of course bring enough water and food. We always were excited when we saw desert wild life, like the big horn sheep in the video. They are stunningly beautiful to see in person in our desert. We would stand quietly still to watch them as long as possible. I was so very excited to see the one he filmed in his video. I want you to know that I do not think Kenny had an accident. I believe he committed suicide. He battled depression for many years and would not take medication or see a doctor. He quit his job a little more than a year before he disappeared. He wanted to see if he could sell his inventions and do what he called "Cowboy Interior Design" for homes. He bought his first home five years ago and had an amazing ability of decorating in this style. He was not successful in getting a business going and was running out of money after a year of not working. He no longer wanted to work in a "job" for someone else and as his money decreased he became more and more depressed. He really did not look for another job. In early Oct, with seeing his depression increase, I said to him, "You aren't going to pull a Robin Williams on me are you"? This is when he opened up more about his depression and his thoughts much of his life about suicide. His father committed suicide when Kenny was in his early 20's. When I asked him the question he answered me with "If I decide to do it, you will be OK because you are good at the Law of Allowing." He asked me what I would think of him if he did it. He also said if he decided to do it "No one will ever find me." It would be easy to do something like this in our desert with the number of natural caves and mines. He could hike many miles in a day so there is no telling where or how far he could have hiked during his 3 day 2 night solo hike. When he did not call me after the 3rd day of being gone I called missing persons. The search for him was started within a couple days of my call. Over 30 search and rescue team members searched 3 different times on foot. One helicopter fly over was done and there was no trace of Kenny or any of his camping things. They found his car in the area I told them it would be. They did find his cell phone by the mine shaft in the video. The mine shaft was only about a 4 hour hike from his car. It is my feeling he left it behind so that he could not be tracked form the GPS in it. He also did not take his video camera with him on this solo hike. It was left in his home. So, he had no intention of filming anything.

I share this with you for two reasons. First, so that you have more of an understanding who Kenny was and to bring some peace or understanding to the situation. Secondly, if any of you do decide to go out into our desert to look for him or the M Cave, be careful and bring enough water and food. Walking sticks are a good idea and not doing a solo hike. Bring a GPS and make sure that you have let family or friends know that you are heading out for the hike and where and when you will be returning. A search really can't be on a one day hike. You would be repeating much of the same hike....just getting up the mountain and then be left with not many hours in the day to do the search. You would need 2 or 3 days at a time and in the summer, or even late spring, this can not be done because of the heat of our desert. You would not be able to carry enough water. So, please, please be careful. I had many wonderful experience with Kenny and will always remember them and have a place of love in my heart for him and the wonderful things we did together. I am healing from my loss and look forward to new experiences with desert hiking, camping and taking beautiful pictures of our desert. Enjoy your adventures of life and thank you for the kind loving comments sent my way.
Much Love, Sheryon :)

0 |

ignore the first bit of that last post

0 |

1 |

Well up for some mystery related youtubes when I get to beed

0 |