Choose a discussion

Cricket - fuck right off

How can this bollocks continuously be forced upon sky sports viewers? Every time I turn on sky sports news on football breaks, half time etc. it is fucking cricket horse manure. It's a fucking conspiracy.!! It might sound a little tinfoil hat like but it's true. They are trying to brainwash us with their shit. Jesus - someone tell them to turn it off and leave me alone!!!!

0 |

Cricket>SSN

0 |

It's not even summer yet. Not sure what you're whining about lol. test cricket is ok or actually watching live because you can booze but 20:20 ain't great.

0 |

I'm whining about this constant cricket news on football breaks. I.e. A choice between cricket or adverts. Such a shite choice I'd rather turn the TV off. It's not live, it's news about the shittest, most boring sport ever created. I'd far rather have updates on how Kabbadi is progressing and why it's not a highlight of transworld sport these days:

This is another sign of how things are getting shitter instead of better and how fat rich cricket lobbying cunts are invading our space. And everyone just walks about as if everything is fine. Nobody has any muscle to do anything other than make choices between which supermarket they buy their fronties from. Oh yeah - that's showing them.. Voting with your feet that is!!! Havveee ittttttt!!

2 |

I don't like cricket. I love it!

0 |

How many sport channels do you have Ron?

0 |

20/20 is some craic hi

0 |

I'd rather watch cricket than baseball. That really is soul destroying. Swing and a miss, swing and a miss. swing and a miss, walk, swing and miss.

0 |

It goes on for ages doesn't it?

0 |

It can. It goes to sudden death after 9th inning. Watched one go onto 1 in the morning.

0 |

don't think you can appreciate cricket really until you've stood at the crease and had a cricket ball come at your head at nearly hundred mile an hour or how far you need to actually run. that being said and do 20/20 & one day test's is about as much as I could watch.

0 |

I'm assuming it's forced on us because IT gets high tv rating. no other reason they whack it on.

ashes my limit. anything else load of bollocks

0 |

Test Cricket is the best format, the problem is you need to be doing fuck all for 5 days to be able to follow it.

0 |

We are fucking saturated with football on sky sports and many other channels. I think you can cope with a bit of cricket during cricket season. Plus it's infinitely more interesting and skilful than football. Football is for froots. Fact.

0 |

Krikket Wars were horrific. Lest we forget.

0 |

haha, nice OP but I disagree.
what I would say, don't base your opinion on the Indian Super League. It's alright like, but ..

0 |

while point of cricket is a game for the colonies. the English introduced it to find people with patience in their colonies.
to not like cricket is to be untermensch. sorry

0 |

*test cricket

0 |

the English introduced test cricket to weed out "undesirables" who lacked the most nobleist of English values, Patience.

How can you run an Empire without soldiers with, Patience.?

0 |

So Ron Burgandy, sorry mate but fuck you. you don't get no spoils from our Empire.

0 |

the British Empire was founded on cricket. Pakistan, India, Indies, Aussies. ..

It's should be the greatest game in the World sans the immideate fix which football brings.
Cricket is a far better game.

How can you not like cricket???

0 |

really upset me there. sorry for ballsing up your thread. How can you not like test cricket though?

you know how many beers you can drink in 1 day's play? Loads

0 |

Great game, twenty twenty is entertaining but cant beat a good test match.
Always wanna play a game when the sun shines.

0 |

Ireland handed test match status been a long wait.

0 |

about time, its been a long time coming

0 |

Henry Blofeld: Test Match Special commentator calls time on career www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cr...
I mean, cricket's class, there was a lad called Blofeld involved in it ffs.

0 |

Best test match all summer this.

0 |

Been a decent game. Ali plays some really big innings for England

0 |

He's saved their bacon here.

0 |

www.theguardian.com/sp...

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cr...

Big day for Irish cricket tomorrow mad how its grown on the whole island was mainly the North West in 60's/70's.

0 |

Think they did ok didn't they? Married to an Englishman this is forced on me, but I have no clue and no interest going to matches unless there's alcohol involved which there usually is.

My husband was playing for a team in Dublin last summer and the Indian & Pakistani lads kept fighting and one actually hit another one with a stump/wicket mid-match. He has since left the club as they were too mental to play with haha

0 |

The Pakistanis won by 5 runs in the end. I can't remember the rules of cricket too well, but I think as soon as a team passes the other when all the other teams innings are up, they automatically win? So it could have been more than 5 runs between them if they'd kept going. Still from what I read it seemed like they gave them a bit of a scare.

0 |

Was 7/4 in Ireland first inns could of been a embarrassing if not for O'Brien and Thompson partnership in 2nd inns which made a fight of it. All in all a good first test but bowling is going to be the area they will lack in and need more young players to come threw quickly its an ageing side.

0 |