Choose a discussion

Brexit 2016

Official thread.

I will be voting to Leave Europe.

what about you?

0 |

I have yet to hear 1 convincing argument to stay tbh, heard many to leave and even though the Brexit movie doesn’t delve deeply enough into the wider matters it pretty much nails the simple stuff as to why we should be getting the fuck out

0 |

Tbf if the Stay in campaign got Michael Bay to do a flashy promo id probably be swayed back again..

0 |

In the opening introduction to that documentary it feature such great thinkers as melanie phillips, nigel lawson and janet daley... is it really worth an over an hour of my life?

0 |

genuinely I'll be voting to remain. As much as I want a 32 county Ireland and a Leave vote cpuld hasten that, I wouldn't abandon my British cousins to these fucking clowns.

ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/...

That's the main argument for staying.
The company it keeps.

1 |

Europe has a written Constitution, so laws can be amended and changed if enough people want it.
The UK does not have a written Constitution, so you only get to change a Law in a referendum, when you are allowed to vote in one. It has a lovely Queen though, ach bless 'er.

0 |

Summary of the vid rj?

0 |

"genuinely I'll be voting to remain. As much as I want a 32 county Ireland and a Leave vote cpuld hasten that, I wouldn't abandon my British cousins to these fucking clowns."

Sinn Fein might disagree there. Aren't they supporting the Remain campaign?

0 |

Muzka • 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
Summary of the vid rj?

• You can’t vote the movers & shakers out if they make a balls up.. hell you don’t even get to vote em in in the first place
• Our wee fishing boats cant even fish in our own sovereign waters whereas huge Spanish & Dutch trawlers are clearing the place out
• Norway & Switzerland voted to stay out de fuck and are doing just grand, heck the Swiss is one of the best countries in the world according to it
• We already have trade deals with most of the world and exiting will mean sweet fuck all
• Europe is full of hairy armpitted European women whereas are pasty white ladies shave
• We control who the fuck comes here not
• We get to kick the mozzies out
• Free DM boots for everyone that votes out
• Other stuff

0 |

rubick • 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
Europe has a written Constitution, so laws can be amended and changed if enough people want it.

a lot of people want fuck all to do with TTIP but have absolutely no say in it or any ability to block it infact the whole of the EU is set up in such a way as to be as undemocratic as it can possibly get with the people relegated to peons

0 |

tbf its worth a watch, its an hour long and id love to see some actual counter arguments to its facts but cant find any

0 |

Seeing as we vote in the Tories and dup it's probably best we can't vote them in

Who cares about fishing, I'll buy cheap imported fish

Norway and Switzerland will be better than Britain regardless of whether they are in eu or not

We have trade deals but a lot of big businesses will leave UK

European women are more attractive that fat chip munching Brits

Dms are for hippies and lezzers

0 |

Of course there could be greater accountability in europe but no one is claiming it is perfect. Most og the high profile figure pushing the anti EU agenda are doing so because it stops then from abusing their positions in society more so than they already do.

Norway managed it oil reserves well and has a population of 9 million people. The UK squandered its oil money on tax cuts for the rich. The swiss have a population of 8 million and make a living off the back of secretive banking practices and stolen nazi gold.

The EU fisheries quota system is saving UK fishing stock...which were in decline before the quotas were introduced. UK boats get to fish in other nations waters and the fishing rights system is historically a complex thing (obviously to complex for the leave campaign to explain in the video... but there is plenty of stuff online if you really interested in it... though it make a fairly dry read). I watched the video as far as this.

The UK has trade deals with many parts of the world as part of the EU. Negotiating new deals as a market of 60 million is unlikely to the same leverage as when part of a market of nearly 750 million. Particularly when the current government has shown such a disregard for the needs of everyday people compared to big business. The leaders of other EU countries negotiated protections for strategic industries under the TTIP agreements. The UK government didn't see the need

You won't get to control immigration if you want access to the EU markets. Also immigration is good for the country... the motivated people from other nation come here.

The failure of successive governments to facilitate the integration of new arrivals should be addressed. The growing population requires that public services such as schools and hospitals be increased rather than cut.

Austerity is a political choice to take the resources invested in by successive generations away from your children and given to obscenely rich people. That is the fault of the government not immigrants.

1 |

No way Norge or Suiss are better nations than the UK.

0 |

Switzerland is a horrible, immoral state devoid of any history bar being a neutral place where any deviant could stash their ill-gotten gains. Fuck the Swiss.

1 |

Oh, it has history all right. Shady history. Nazi gold!

1 |

Did anyone even watch that debate there? Surely Brexiters would, unless they were playing PlayBox or X-Station or Game Of Thrones of something was on.
That's another reason I'm voting Remain, because I think Intelligence is important to a state and there's not 1 smart cunt yet who has said, "Leave".
The spastics.

0 |

Not half as interesting as the Scots Ref either is it.

0 |

Question Time on in an hour so, might be of interest to Brexiters of they can wheel themselves away Sons Of Anarchy the fiction-loving Twats.

0 |

You could argue that Irish Nationalism is a fiction. But I wouldn't want to question the narrative.

0 |

No you couldn't. I'm not saying Brexit is fiction, I'm saying what Brexiters tend to spend their time on - Game Of Thrones/Sons Of Anarchy/The X-Station & PlayBox, are fiction.
Brexit democratic option is a real thing.

0 |

An admiral opinion was it not for the people promoting it and supporting it for all the wrong, wrong reasons.

0 |

Have you heard leftist reasons for leaving Europe? I have but I'm not prepared to tell anyone. Go find them yourself.

0 |

Wasn't an attack mate. Just saying. Don't be upset, especially in your condition.

3 |

The most likely scenario I think is people defaulting to the position of their political leanings. So those who voted DUP at the election will vote leave and mean quite a significant number supporting it here.

The debate is too complex for people to take proper time and consider the issue. As Pavlov mentioned about the EU fishing regulatory regime.

Still would like to know how leaving increases the likelihood of an United Ireland though

0 |

"especially in your condition"

what?

1 |

stop talking to me mate. stop following me about. getting tired of you.

0 |

I think I can vote online cause im out of the country.... but I dont want them know where I am. You aint seen me! Roight!

0 |

leaving increases the likelihood of a new succesful Scots Ref. they only need a 4% swing.
Scottish Independence means Irish Independence.

SF aren't actively promoting Brexit because it wouldn't be in the interest of the average Anglo Saxon and Republicans are so self-confident in their own goals they wouldn't wish ill upon their foes even for self-gain.

0 |

James Connolly etc

0 |

I meant agitated. Relax sparcy. I'm on your side. Jesus fuck.

0 |

what side am I on?

0 |

I don't know or care, but I'm there. Just be alright.

0 |

ironic you are the only one round this place needs ritalin, you're insatiable desire to analyse and pigeon-hole you rainman fuck.

0 |

I'm really not doing that, Sparcy. 'Mon now.

0 |

get some meth into you, that's what tom cruise fed rainman on his trip to Vegas. get some peace to eat his breakfast without having to explain why he was eating 3 eggs and 2 bacon slices and how it didn't anything, other than a fucking breakfast.

0 |

mean*

0 |

I'm don't even look like Rigsy you madman.

0 |

* mean

0 |

haha fs

0 |

Methyl-phenidate, aka speed

en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...

I know what I'm on about.

0 |

fuck me :D

1 |

Sorry man, didn't realise that's what you were taking. If you said, I'd have understood how you feel, well at least tried to. Be well mate.

0 |

See if someone dropped a box of matches in front of you. Would you say oops or else would you count them up in 0.5 seconds

0 |

You on the speed Soyuz? Cats piss or pink champagne?

0 |

I'd pick them up and hand them to the person because I'm privileged and genetically sweet enough to be able to bend my back and knees without any physical ailments and be able to hand the person back his/her matches knowing too i will not be raped.

1 |

Took speed one NYE about 2003 and was up for 48hrs completely melted. Remember watching Ben Kingsley as Gandhi on Channel4 at the tail end of it. January 2nd, channel 4, 1500hrs

Good film. Shit drug.

0 |

Aye, grim shit. Mind the oul speedballs at Circus. Tenner for five. No use to man nor beast.

1 |

They were pro plus

0 |

First time on speed was billy nasty in shine 97. Mixed wigh rumblemints. Winners combo. Felt like wanking. But never climaxing

0 |

Naw, Nik. Don't think the oul Pro Plus was about in 1994. Although obviously this was the sticks and not some backwater in Co Down.

0 |