Choose a discussion

Brexit 2016

Official thread.

I will be voting to Leave Europe.

what about you?

0 |

Jeremy Hunt admits he 'can't deliver' £350m-a-week promised for NHS by Brexit campaigners

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

Didn't actually hear him say that in the video......did I miss something?

0 |

www.theguardian.com/te...

0 |

0 |

0 |

junkie cunt

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

"I'm a fuckin prod"

Yes, we could already tell

0 |

Aul sectarian lemac there

0 |

Why are themmuns so much more racist though?

0 |

Homeless alcho junkies? Probably due to having had a shit life and taking it out on anyone they can.

0 |

But that just sounds like Prods tbh

1 |

:-)

I am not a racicist

0 |

Nothing like a spot of sectarianism, eh lads?

0 |

Takki going all SJW on us... welcome to the light side my conflicted friend

0 |

It does speak volumes about some of the folks on here when the Facebook comments aren't even as bitter as what's being spewed on here.

0 |

I tried to cultivate a small online safe space here, takki... you created the thread that broke it all down...
just as soyuz was feeling comforatble enough the share with us his self-identification as an apache attack helicopter.

I tried to push for your self-idenification as the space-time entity, and TJ as foot long... but it was too late, you unvirtue signaling wrecked it and unleashed the inner ugliness of even RP.com...

It's a bit late to cry now that the milk has soured

1 |

lol ok one-upper

0 |

I take no pleasure in pavsplaining the situation to you, but we are where we are. I just happy you've seen the light. I can hook you up with a couple of student demos when your stateside. pm me

1 |

'I take no pleasure in pavsplaining' haha

2 |

All I'm saying is during the first video I thought she was probably going to be of the protestant persuasion and she confirmed it immediately in the second video

0 |

It's like when someone says what school they went to you just know. No prejudice about it really

1 |

David Davis crumbles on every demand on first day of brexit talks... guess his much trumpeted row of the summer fizzled out faster than May's personal ratings...

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

The independent is becoming as bad as the mail for reactionary click bait

0 |

Fear not PJ, the content of the article is accurately reflected by the headline,which in turn accurately reflects what happened in the negotiations today... so while some of the Independent reporting does get a bit clickbait this one does not

0 |

"NORTHERN Ireland relies on imports from the European Union to a greater extent than previously understood, new government figures have revealed.

Annual statistics have been dramatically revised to the extent that 2014, which was originally said to have experienced a £239million trade surplus for Northern Ireland, is now shown to have experienced a deficit of over £2billion.

The fresh data has led civil servants at Stormont to revise a key finding of their research into the likely impact of leaving the European Union (EU).

Previous research published by Stormont in January 2016 used data from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to conclude that Northern Ireland exported more to the EU than it imported.

But now revised figures have dramatically overturned the finding, revealing instead that Northern Ireland imports much more from the EU than it exports."

www.thedetail.tv/artic...

0 |

revised figures? haha, its like they forgot to include a whole industry or something

0 |

should be buying local anyways

0 |

i love my Lisburn made Sonny TV

0 |

DUP for ya

0 |

RP.com

“Trade data in a region such as Northern Ireland is dominated by a relatively small number of large firms, particularly manufacturers, meaning the data can be relatively volatile which further adds to the complexity in drawing firm conclusions. The recent closures of JTI and Michelin for example will have a material impact on trade figures."

0 |

Even with that are we saying £1.5billion of net exports from these number of large firms?

Revisions like that make the exercise itself pointless and we should stop doing the work

0 |

I guess that when you have a number of large corporations, especially in the manufacturing sector, the economic trade values would change a lot when you go from basing on where their HQ is based to where their employees are based. It'd be easily 10's of millions per organisation, probs 100's mill with some of the biggest companies. Some of those big manufacturing companies would be dealing in contracts worth 10's mill alone, in one sitting, never mind over a whole year and over a number of large corporations.

"The HMRC trade statistics previously related to where companies based their headquarters, but the new figures focus instead on where firms have the bulk of their workforce."

It does seem like a massive change to me too, tho.

0 |

0 |

lol

0 |

www.nytimes.com/2017/0...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF49VWOXsAAtVb3.jpg:large

Amazing.

0 |

lol pretty much sums up the majority of English cunts

0 |

huns too

1 |

Yeah, can easily imagine hearing the same out of plenty of Belfast wans

0 |

I'll never forget having a convo with a low wage cleaner when i was in hospital. She was so annoyed that her grandson had to go to his third choice secondary school that she simply had to vote Brexit...at that point I triple loaded on the morphine drip I was hooked up. I remember wondering how this person managed to get themselves dressed in the morning.

0 |

I remember being in that situation when gay marriage was in the news. One girl listened to the news bulletin, turned to the other and said they'll be marrying dogs next. Pure disgusted I was

0 |

but RP why was her grandson accepted into his 3rd choice school? do you know the reasons?

0 |

Because he was as dumb as his grandma.

0 |

cuz of all em er immigrints taking the spats so it was

0 |

So the Brexiteers master plan for getting control of immigration and the borders is to have basically no borders, just pen pushers lol

The government says it will propose an "innovative and untested approach" to customs checks as part of its Brexit negotiations. The model, one of two being put forward in a newly-published paper, would mean no customs checks at UK-EU borders. The UK's alternative proposal - a more efficient system of border checks - would involve "an increase in administration", it admits. A key EU figure said the idea of "invisible borders" was a "fantasy".

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

Strange moment yesterday when you had SF almost wanting a hard border and the DUP all for no border!

0 |

Haha, I was confused about that too.

0 |

lol heard that too

0 |

I suppose it is because what the British government are proposing for the border stands in opposition to what they want elsewhere. It all seems completely unworkable in practice.

0 |

The whole things a complete mess. It's mad the amount of interviews and posts online I've read from people who voted for Brexit that are now realising that the whole thing is going to be nothing like what they were sold and now wish they hadn't voted for Brexit.

0 |

Brexit's Irish Question
www.nybooks.com/articl...

0 |