Choose a discussion

Brexit 2016

Official thread.

I will be voting to Leave Europe.

what about you?

0 |

www.theguardian.com/co... Anyone for existential concern?

0 |

This bit is important:

"NISRA also said growth appeared to be gathering momentum. Annualised average growth over the last four quarters was 1.6% - higher than the annual growth over the last two years' period of 1.4%.

However, growth lagged behind the UK as a whole, where there was 1.8% expansion, while the Republic's economy reported a 5.5% rate of expansion."

Who knows what NI could have achieved last year if not for the looming threat of Brexit.

0 |

Downing St to make an announcement at 11:15 - Sky News are supposedly reporting that the PM could even be stepping down due to health reasons.... BBC refused an early realease of the announcement

0 |

cancer of the soul

2 |

Seems quite speculative. Could be a snap election but would need 2/3 of parliament to approve. She could repeal the act though and push through with a simple majority. Or could just be a Brexit/Syria/North Korea announcement but would be a strange way to make any such announcement

0 |

Not sure what the point of annoncing an announcment is in todayw world... unlss your aim is to get results like this:

0 |

They didn't really announce the announcement, they notified the media to come to Downing St who have been reporting it

0 |

This could be a major letdown.

0 |

My last comment probably sounded a little more tin-foil than it was supposed to

1 |

Could potentially be an announcement on the north too...

0 |

What would be the point in a snap election?

0 |

Tories only have 17 MP majority but are 21% ahead of labour in the polls so election will pretty certainly win a bigger majority for the Tories

0 |

BBC saying general election potentially June 8

0 |

Grim

0 |

Election confirmed

0 |

Electioning like fuck this year

0 |

Corbyn and Farron have both said they won't oppose so will easily get the 2/3 majority needed to confirm the GE on 8th June

0 |

I guess thay can schedule the next NI elections for then too

0 |

Yeah was thinking that pav. Could be a double election on that day in NI.

0 |

Taking until June for Northern Ireland to form a government would be scandalous - basically between the English and their petty power squabbles, and the Northern Irish mess, the Republic of Ireland has been left to do all of the negotiating on their behalf for Brexit as it relates to the border.

Disgusting lack of urgency from all UK parties about this tbh.

0 |

The tories will probably walk this election as long as Swampy is still the leader of labour.

0 |

Disarray to the max. Makes Putins russia look like a church committee.

0 |

Ah Comrade, I have been finding owning the media and hosting a few false fleg celebrations bring warm support from the people. When my politikal enemies become the problem I simply invite them to have a refreshing cup of polonium tea.

1 |

labour are getting bent over this election

0 |

Seems the election is just after the police announce the results of their investegation into tory electoral fraud during the previous election... well timed.lol.

0 |

eintercept.com/2017/04...

Prime Minister Theresa May, who was actually against Brexit before she was for it, made another dramatic U-turn on Tuesday, declaring that Britain needs to elect a new Parliament in June, three years ahead of schedule, despite her clear promise not to call an election when she campaigned to succeed David Cameron last year. Her decision to subject Britons to a third national election campaign in just over two years — after the 2015 general election and the referendum on exiting the European Union ten months ago — was met with something less than enthusiasm by many voters. In her address to the nation, May claimed that a fresh election was necessary to keep opposition parties from obstructing her Conservative government during negotiations over Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union.

0 |

0 |

Nothing at all to do with impeding electoral fraud charges against 30 tories for the 2015 GE

0 |

Due to be completed before the vote though i read

0 |

One analysis also paints May as a closet remainer and her aim is to keep as much of the relationship with the EU in place as possible without having to listen to the likes of Reece Moog and othe rBrexit hardliners. That was an interesting one.

The Lib Dems will benefit from any Tories angry over Brexit if there is any swing that way. Labour just seem to have shot themselves in the foot with all their internal negativity over Corbyn despite his popular policies and general support

0 |

If may goes to moderate the tories will llose seats to Ukip... If people realise this is their chance to revisit brexit then the election could be tighter than you'd expect... espoally if a load of older ones have shuffled off now and a load of younger voters are energised.

Despite his dreadful average ratings corbyn wins a clear majority of the under 35 vote

0 |

UKIP not up to much without Farage surely. Their leadership has been a joke since he Trumped off

0 |

he'll bob to the surface like an unflushed turd, now there is an election in the works

1 |

Perfect description for that Toby Jug looking fuckstick.

0 |

Couldn't give a Fuck. Too much politics.

When I get to the US I'm going Libertarian.

0 |

Even politics has been ruined by your generation, Pav. Haha

0 |

How many old people do you imagine have died in the last year pav?

0 |

Dunno the best part of 500,000... Mabye more... How we classifying old?

0 |

Do you think those alt-Right smashing communists at ucla could point to theresa may on a map? stuffy british hooligans

0 |

Lutte contre les néo-libéraux

www.fiscalkombat.fr

0 |

stuffy little englanders with nobody to fight but the ballet box, evey 6 months. jez corbyn should be their leader, they just don't know it.

0 |

Paddy Ashdown:

0 |

www.independent.co.uk/...

Imaginge there was another hung parliment and the libs went into to government with the tories again.lol.

0 |

UK bumped down US trade deal priorities

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

The Crisis of Western Civ
mobile.nytimes.com/201...

0 |

0 |

Look what Brexit & the Murdoch Press has done to this board.
Nobody ever around anynore has any fight except for me.

0 |

There's a Lot to be said about growing up in West Belfast. Unless you are a Stick, or a drug user, or a Brexit voter/all the same thing.

0 |

Even nobody has a sense of humour anymore.

Except us.

Paul Nuttall, I want to fight you.

0 |

imagine the Sticks putting up a candidate against Sands' successor. I actually bump into a few Sticks on my way home every night. Could never understand why they were always served last in these bars and even then through gritted teeth.

I'm gonna bar them from my bar on Saturday night now I know.

0 |