Choose a discussion

Brexit 2016

Official thread.

I will be voting to Leave Europe.

what about you?

0 |

So your saying mm that the generous humanity shown by the Germans is worth hundreds of European lives lost in the recent spat of terrorist attacks on the EU committed and or planned by a few rogue refugees?

0 |

Appstore price to numerically match the Dollar www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

0 |

RJ, the only attack performed by someone born outside EU was from Tunisia.

0 |

Yes RJ... unless you think the lives of syrian refugees are somehow less than the lives of Europeans?

And it probably is best not to downplay the role of the UK in contributing to the problem when they removed Saddam...

0 |

July 25, 2016: One person was killed and 12 others were injured at a restaurant in Ansbach, near the German city of Nuremberg in an explosion that occured late on Sunday, a police spokesman said. The spokesman said he had no immediate information on the cause of the blast, which was first reported at 10.12 pm. CET (2012 GMT).

July 24, 2016: A 21-year-old Syrian refugee killed a woman with a machete and injured two other people before being arrested in the southern German city of Reutlingen, a police spokesman said.

July 22, 2016: An 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman who apparently acted alone opened fire in a busy shopping mall in Munich on Friday evening, killing at least nine people in the third attack against civilians in Western Europe in eight days. The pistol-wielding attacker, identified by Munich Police Chief Hubertus Andrae as a dual national, was later found dead of a suspected self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head.

July 19, 2016: A 17-year-old Afghan refugee injured at least 20 train passengers with an axe and a knife in Germany’s Würzburg. The man was shot dead by German police later.

June 26, 2016: Three suspected Islamic State group suicide bombers targeted the international terminal of Istanbul’s Ataturk airport, killing at least 36 people and wounding many others, Turkish officials said.

July 14, 2016: A man driving a truck, reportedly a French citizen of Tunisian origin, ploughed into a crowd that was celebrating Bastille Day in Nice along the picturesque French Riviera, killing at least 84 and injuring hundred others. IS claimed the attack.

June 13, 2016: Larossi Abballa stabbed a 42-year-old police commander to death at around 8.30 pm in France. Larossi then held the commander’s wife and the couple’s three-year-old son hostage and killed the wife later. Police stormed into the house and killed Larossi.

April 16, 2016: Two teenage Islamic extremists threw a bomb at a Sikh temple during a wedding in the Essen city of Germany. Three members of the Sikh community were injured.

March 22, 2016: Suicide attacks on the Brussels airport and subway killed 32 people and injured hundreds. The perpetrators have been closely linked to the group that carried out attacks in Paris some four months earlier. The Islamic State group took the credit for the Brussels attacks and threatened other countries taking part in the anti-IS coalition.

February 26, 2016: A 15-year-old girl stabbed and severely injured a policemen in Hanover in Germany after she was stopped for a search. She had earlier tried to join the Islamic State but was stopped by her mother.

January 7, 2016: A jihadist wearing a fake explosive belt attacked police officers in the Goutte d’Or district in Paris with a meat cleaver, while shouting “Allahu Akbar”. He was shot dead and one policeman was injured. The ISIS flag and a clearly written claim in Arabic, were found.

January 1, 2016: A man rammed his car twice into 4 soldiers protecting a mosque in France’s Valence. He said he wanted to kill troops and jihadi propaganda images were found on his computer.

0 |

and its only going to get worse.. .

0 |

and thats only the 1st half of 2016...

0 |

The only incident that invbolved a syrian refugee was a guy who got knocked back by a women he fell in love with. Hardly a terrorist attack.

0 |

You not really distinguishing between refugees and other terrorists ... or even picking out the european ones

0 |

With your catch all approach to everyone who has a middle eastern background is a Syrian refugee terrorist, I can only surmise that you are in the Ra.

0 |

Loads of things have increased in price since Brexit, RJ. The weaker pound (due to the outcome of Brexit vote) has meant that loads of things have gone up in price, yet no-ones wages have increased. Food, petrol, heating fuel, electronics, cars, furniture, etc... even down to non-physical items like phone apps (as CHoc pointed out up there). That means that people will have less in their pockets after buying the exact same stuff as they did before the referendum. You're mental if you think we're all better off due to the referendum result, so far.

0 |

either mental or a jedi level troller

0 |

0 |

Imagine getting slagged by a newspaper called THE WELT. Feel wick.

2 |

Was reading that the government is threatening to blow up our tax base if the EU does give it a good leaving deal. That will teach them continentals a lesson...

0 |

link?

0 |

All your tax base are belong to us.

0 |

"The chancellor, Philip Hammond, has suggested Britain could transform its economic model into that of a corporate tax haven if the EU fails to provide it with an agreement on market access after Brexit.

In an interview with the German newspaper Welt am Sonntag, Hammond said that if Britain were closed off from European markets after leaving the EU, it would consider abandoning a European-style social model with European-style taxation and regulation systems, and “become something different”."

www.theguardian.com/po...

0 |

www.ft.com/content/350...

0 |

I see the Supreme court has ruled in favour of the sovereignty of the British parliament.

I wonder if leave campaigners will take the case to the European courts to try to appeal the decision

0 |

I’m surprised they have allowed this, but it’s not surprising. Scotland had the chance to leave the UK and stayed only to be shafted by the Supreme Court.....

0 |

Juat to be clear.... are you or aren't you surprised?

5 |

haha, we all took part in the referendum so why could our MP's not take part in the vote, surely a judge should have ruled on that. But I'm not surprised given the fact that these MP's would swing it the way they don't want.

0 |

Does not compute

0 |

I see Bays brain had its own Brexit vote to decided to leave the vessel

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/bus...

0 |

ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/...

0 |

www.theguardian.com/uk...

The only way I can see them making a soft border work is having a hard border at NI exits to the rest of the UK

0 |

They've fucked NI bigly - Brexit won't work without a hard border between UK and Ireland, and peace won't maintain with a hard border. There's literally no pleasant option left for anyone.

0 |

how about we become a special case in that we remain part of the EU due to our relationship with Ireland and that any businesses registered and headquartered in N.Ireland can access the single market without any tariffs meaning we become a magnet to outside investors and Belfast becomes something like hongkong with big buildings and shit, there ya go solved.

1 |

go have a word with the DUP see what they think of that option

0 |

There's a glitch on the forum. There's no way RJ posted that.

1 |

The problem with that will be the border with the rest of the UK... otherwise non-EU compliant products can enter the EU via NI... and with out border controls there is nothing to stop free movement into the rest of the UK via NI..

How do you sell that to the PUL community?

0 |

by using really really small words and big pictures and saying IRA/Sf lots

1 |

Did Matthew just use the word "bigly"?

0 |

You can tell the news ain't good and those closest to Teresa May on Brexit have a stock answer when asked about NI and the EU. "We will be getting the best deal for the whole of the UK".

Our last hope is to kick the DUP out in this upcoming election. I dont think there will be any movement though. Can but hope

0 |

you can use the scroll bar at the side of the window to view old posts, cleandirty

0 |

See the 2nd vote tonight regarding EU citizens already in GB?

Imagine thinking Jeremy Corbyn wasn't anything but a grass, communist worm.

0 |

Was content as living in NI. Brexit has made me want an all Ireland should a border poll come about.

0 |

Jez Corbyn, apparently he's already commited to allies in the party he's standing down. Thank Fuck

0 |

0 |

Useless cunt. Hope that's true.

0 |

I hope he tops himself if he's any Pride left. Or joins Eamon McCann & Gerry Carroll on a parallel crusade of Insignificance.

0 |

www.opendemocracy.net/...

0 |

Deep state indeed
uk.businessinsider.com...

0 |

unless the deep state is actually the everyday voter?

0 |

Funny how you choose to read things.

So the majority of MPs oppose Brexit which was funded by a small group of millionaire figures and their minority cabal or political friends?

0 |

Just think it is bizarre that the house of parliment is a hotbed of anti-establishment free thinkers

0 |

And as I pointed out on the trump thread, the cabal of rich individuals and newspaper owners funding the brexit campaign have always wanted the UK out of the EU

0 |

Twitter bringing the fire today

LOOK AT HER FACE

0 |