Choose a discussion

Brexit 2016

Official thread.

I will be voting to Leave Europe.

what about you?

0 |

State of UKIP having fist-fights in the European Parliament. They're like an even less behaved Brownshirts. God I hate these xenophobic narcs that voted Leave. I hope they all die.

0 |

Worst thing about it was no one got it on video.

0 |

0 |

0 |

Apparently yer UKIP man you got knocked out has been availing of European health care due to being an EU citizen. The irony.

Also...

Take a look at @GeoffreyDWest's Tweet:

0 |

0 |

UK hoping to extend it border controls to into Irish ports and docks or maybe just cede control of immigration to dublin... an bold move

www.theguardian.com/po...

0 |

Brexit side are now blaming remainers for the fall of the pound. Unbelievable levels of delusion.

0 |

HSBC said the value of the pound is the defacto opposition at the minute so there may be some truth in that Takki

"The pound has become a political football that currency traders are using to try and punish the government into softening proposed Brexit terms, according to HSBC."

uk.businessinsider.com...

0 |

Surely that should be "Brexit side are now thanking remainers for the fall of the pound." as it means all is well in our wee nation that imports everything

0 |

Priceless www.lbc.co.uk/radio/pr...

1 |

lol

www.lbc.co.uk/radio/pr...

0 |

wheel mooned

0 |

Jesus that was brutal. That interviewer raped that fella. Excellent stuff.

0 |

ah, sorry mm!

Gerry, James O'Brien has a couple of podcasts which are really good. His best bits one, which has him and callers discussing various topics, then the Mystery Hour podcast where callers ring in with questions and other callers ring in to give answers. Def one of my fave podcasts.

1 |

retards, chav racist scum & smelly old people ha Hahaha

0 |

I'm one of the 29% of routine manual people who voted Remain and have a higher life expectancy than the 71% scum who voted Leave.

0 |

Interesting read

" There may be serious economic trials ahead as we extract ourselves from the EU after more than forty years, but the slump in sterling is not one of them. The devaluation is necessary and desirable. The pound is now near ‘fair value’ based on the real effective exchange rate used by the IMF. All that has happened is a correction of the extreme over-valuation of sterling before Brexit, caused by capital inflows. This left the country with the worst current account deficit in peace-time since records began in the 18th Century. The fall is roughly comparable to the devaluation from 2007 to 2008 – though the same financial elites who talk so much of Armageddon today played it down on that occasion, mindful that their own banking crisis was the trigger. We can argue over how much the 2008 devaluation helped but it clearly acted as shock absorber at a crucial moment."

www.telegraph.co.uk/bu...

0 |

0 |

Fuck that! I need the pound to stay weak until next Friday so I get a good rate coming home.

0 |

ransferwise.com

0 |

*GERMANY SAID TO SHUT DOOR TO BACK CHANNELS WITH U.K. ON BREXIT
*GERMAN OFFICIALS SAID TO HAVE BEEN TOLD TO SHUN U.K. CONTACTS

0 |

Bank of Canada today Gerry, shouldn't be too dovish and unlikely to cut given the rebound in data over the last month but if you dont want to run the risk, get your GBPCAD before that (announcement at 10, presser at 11.15)

0 |

Could be seen as scaremongering, could actually be an effect of Brexit. Either way, it's uncertainty and a bit shite.

Brexit 'bad news' for £165m York Street Interchange project

The Brexit vote will have implications for the York Street Interchange project in Belfast, according to Northern Ireland's infrastructure minister. The £165m scheme was designed to ease congestion at the junctions of the M1, M2 and M3 and has been put on hold. Chris Hazzard blamed the news on the vote to leave the EU in June. But the government said funds for projects signed until the point the UK leaves the EU will be fully funded by the Treasury, "even after we leave".

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

we badly need that York Street interchange, i heard its been put on hold for another year ffs

0 |

its actually a cool proposal so such a complicated junction

0 |

Aye, and you voted for it, xenophobe.

1 |

It's needed badly, and has been for years. More so than most of the other road projects knocking about too, IMO.

0 |

A5 & A6 needs to happen before any other. How the fk did Ballymoney/Ballymena get that new carriageway before these beggars belief.

0 |

Choc-Ice • 41 minutes ago
Aye, and you voted for it, xenophobe.

you also left out Racist

0 |

Actually can't remember what or if you voted, just thought I'd accuse you anyway ;)

I've just heard today only half the compensation has been budgeted for the A6

0 |

"Northern Ireland, like the rest of the world, is in a crisis of political representation. Working class communities, hit hard by austerity, feel betrayed by their political leaders. Now, with the prospect of Brexit bringing even greater instability, two decades of peacebuilding are at stake. Phoebe Greenwood meets the republican and loyalist marching flute bands at the heart of these communities determine"

www.theguardian.com/uk...

0 |

Your man from Charter NI, the UDA guy Stitt, is getting a bit of flack for his comments in the vid. He is saying the government doesn't care about Loyalists, his group has just been given £2m

0 |

ca.st/zJyV#t=394

0 |

Ffs

0 |

UK economy grows 0.5% in three months after Brexit vote

The UK economy grew faster than expected in the three months after the Brexit vote, official figures have indicated. The economy expanded by 0.5% in the July-to-September period, according to the Office for National Statistics. That was slower than the 0.7% rate in the previous quarter, but stronger than analysts' estimates of 0.3%.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/bus...

0 |

The first anti-Brexit argument in court has been rejected, the first judgment in legal cases that are being closely watched by politicians and markets. The Northern Ireland's High Court rejected a challenge against British plans to leave the EU without a vote in parliament, which means that the UK government has won the suit. This is likely to strengthen the ruling government's case to push through Brexit without a parliamentary vote.

The second argument has also been rejected. It was argued that the Good Friday peace agreement meant Westminster had given sovereignty of Northern Ireland over to its people, and that leaving the EU would have a "catastrophic effect" for the peace process.

0 |

Transferring GBP to EUR after Brexit... no fun whatsoever.

So no Article 50 in March then. Will the ruling it just delay the inevitable or what's the implications?

0 |

just means the separatist government can't negotiate withdrawal without the scrutiny of parliament and a majority vote to say ok trigger article 50. as it should be anyways imo

0 |

Is this those famous intellectual elites who have studied law for decades for the betterment of the greatest constitution in the World trying to interfere with the reactionary wishes of racist chavs everywhere??

0 |

Get in Britain. Fuck off you Brexit cunts.

They should be hung on Guy Fawkes Night for subversion.

0 |

Guy Fawkes 2017

Mass Hanging of anyone who voted Brexit

0 |

The word Brexit. A fucking ridiculous notion that this is word. Was it thought up by the same cock end who gave us Brangelina?

0 |

Haha. Just another made up word from a dumbed down fuckin nation....

0 |

because none of the other words were made up.

3 |

Had to write a company report earlier on the implications of Brexit. Felt like a fraud/wanker every time I used the word.

0 |

What would you have preferred to write?

0 |

"The attempted subversion of GB by unelected quasi-Fascists and isolationist pro-Russian, anti-NATO divs like Jeremy Corbyn and Gerry Carrol"

0 |

The implications of leaving the European Union. Might go back and reword it. Good chat lads - cheers.

0 |

Luckily you typed Brexit into original document...

now all you have to do is use the find-replace command

0 |