Choose a discussion

Brexit 2016

Official thread.

I will be voting to Leave Europe.

what about you?

0 |

Good to see Vicki Morgan out. She was an absolute snake.

I am suprised she replaced Osborne as he has been pretty much the champion for austerity and his ilk respect him for his ability to push through that economic agenda.

You know much about Hammonds economics?

0 |

Anti-gay and pro-military... apparently arrive at school with copy of the guardian...

0 |

content.xx.fbcdn.net/v...

0 |

No cut from BoE but 'most expecting loosening in August'

0 |

Two things. Boris was obviously promised top job, to drop out. Secondly, Theresa Villiers was asked to stay on in NI job, cause no one else wants it, including her. She make up bullshit reason, that she turned down offer of another role. If she was offered another role, where is the new NI secretary. ps look at what being northern ireland secretary did to here.
Before - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
After - ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/...

0 |

www.thisismoney.co.uk/...

0 |

Leadsom foe the environment secretary doesn't bode well

0 |

lol

m.thedailymash.co.uk/n...

0 |

0 |

*IMF CUTS 2017 U.K. GROWTH FORECAST TO 1.3% FROM 2.2% ON BREXIT

0 |

Time will tell total speculation at the moment, as long as the housing market doesn't go down the drain as I will be looking to cash out in a few years and thing were looking good on that front before all this.

0 |

why did you vote Leave then you numpty?

2 |

lol

0 |

actually encountered a Brexit flegger loyalist on saturday who happens to be a neighbour, was good craic actually which was the weird bit lol

But basically this topic came up and pretty much the only thing he could offer as to why he voted to leave was 'get them out', his exact words. Mind numbing people like this exist. Solid Neighbour to have as well lmao

0 |

Solid stance is 'get them out'

none of this wishy-washy 'take back control' bullshit

0 |

Must be great to think so simplistically. Ignorance is bliss.

0 |

pretty much why i voted out

1 |

That and to get your sovereignty back, RJ

0 |

i love a bit of sovereignty me

0 |

i.imgur.com/ytFJ0F6.jpg

0 |

UK scientists speak about Brexit pain

Just weeks after the UK voted to leave the European Union, researchers are losing grants. BBC News has spoken to several research groups and small businesses who say they will soon have to scale down operations and lay off staff. Seven national academies have called on the government to ensure that research is protected in Brexit negotiations; the President of the Royal Society has told the BBC that the future prosperity of the UK is at stake. British universities, in collaboration with small businesses, receive £850m in research grants each year from the European Union.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

Ant EU funding for project lasting over 2 years (i.e. any decent project) with a UK research component is gone.

One that were looking favourable last month are not in a good position any more

0 |

When are all these benefits of Brexit going to start happening? Has there been any yet?

0 |

You have to wait till they "get them out" apparently.

0 |

A extreme way for takki to get rid of his gf... even a text would have been less heartless

0 |

My mortgage advisor has said Brexit is dropping interest rates in the states, and i should refinance, to drop my monthly payments. Thanks lads!

0 |

That £5 a month you save will come in handy in a few years when lose your job cause your company moved out of the uk and your house is worth £50,000 less.

0 |

Great, more limbo and uncertainty for the foreseeable future. Brexit really has been an absolute mess.

Brexit: Theresa May says talks won't start in 2016 - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

sorry i ruined all your lives lads, must be hard eating eating stale bread and walking bare feet to the shaps.. chin up at least there'll be less of them'uns so you might get a job washing cars for a fiver

0 |

lol no-ones crying poverty or anything, but there is definitely a case for kids/young people who are hoping to go to Uni and try and get a job in the future having things thrown up in the air. Brexit has definitely made the UK far less of an opportunity for them, especially if they want to get into, or are in, studies which benefit from close relations which other european universities and european funding, and also the possibility of an ongoing weakening of the economy/currency due to uncertainty and lack of an exit plan.

Genuine comment though, even though you voted that way RJ, do you think the process has been well managed or gone well, so far. What's been the best outcome for your vote so far, or that you have seen evidence for in the future?

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt • 1 minute ago
there is definitely a case for kids/young people who are hoping to go to Uni and try and get a job in the future having things thrown up in the air.

these the same kids who spend their days running around parks trying to catch imaginary monsters on the smart phones that are permanently glued to their faces?

0 |

@ Soyuz I didn't vote, based on my family doing a lot of business in the south and the border uncertainty but I seen positives for leaving also and do think we would be in a better position 5-10 years time, ROI will likely follow in the future especially the way there economy is going they will have to put more in and when you have a poor country like turkey with 52 million joining it certainly isn't gonna enhance the EU.

0 |

I think the exit process so far has been an absolute fucking shambles and an embarrassment to all concerned, it literally came like a sucker punch to everyone but like a big fella, the UK will get back on its feet, dust off its coat, steady its vision and then come out swinging hard.

Were a prosperous nation with a healthy economy no matter what the short term effects show and tbh i hope that the referendum result proves that by and large the uncontrolled immigration into the UK is completely unacceptable to quite a number of people and that more drastic measures are needed to bring it under control. Were a small island ffs we cant be having hundreds of thousands of people flooding into the country every year and whilst we in NI don't really feel the effect of that i know lots of Engerish who do feel those effects day in day out and are genuinely fed up, wanting control of your borders and a restriction on immigration does not make you a racist.

0 |

Immigration is definitely a different ball game across the water. It will be interesting to see if Brexit can actually gain any control over it, though. Saw a good wee video on Brexit outcomes the other night, can't remember if I linked it...

0 |

These low interest rates have to be good for first time buyers then or people near the end of there fixed rate term, rent has been going up and up so maybe a good thing on that front.

0 |

Canada do it right you basically cant get citizenship without a trade or degree least that means who ever comes in to live permanently has something to offer, there is even a limited to how many visa's are issued to the likes of uk or roi.

0 |

The UK’s border policies are an absolute joke, we shouldn’t be letting in people who have no skills or qualifications in the numbers that we do and being part of the EU means we have fuck all say or control of it.. not that we have ever had any but hopefully the Government will now wake up and actually implement a points style system… id rather take an English speaking physicist from India over a no skilled cunt from Romania

0 |

Crop markets have yet to feel the full force of Brexit's knock-on effects, a leading agricultural economist warned, unveiling a survey showing the UK's vote to quit the EU had already set back the US rural economy.

www.agrimoney.com/news...

0 |

0 |

" id rather take an English speaking physicist from India over a no skilled cunt from Romania"
The english speaking physicist won't wan to work in the UK because the fund for science is drying up. Projects with UK university partners are being dropped due to the Brexit uncertainty

0 |

I see Abe in Japan announced stimulus round #237 blaming Brexit.

0 |

well Pav he can get a job as a taxi driver then...

no word of a lie i had an Indian taxi driver in Toronto one time, who was a fully qualified Nuclear Physicist and prior to coming to Canada worked as a senior manager at some power plant in the north of the country, now granted he couldve been talking shite but he was a smart fella and appeared to this idiot to know what he was talking about cause i was asking him all sorts of silly questions

0 |

Like this guy then?

www.theguardian.com/te...

" In Southall, I spent an afternoon with Hassan Mirza, a former maths teacher from Pakistan who moved to the UK in 2005. Mirza studied for a degree in computer science, but couldn’t find a job in IT. He spent five years working as a security guard in shopping centres in Southall and Hounslow before a friend, who worked in Primark, signed up for Uber and showed him a payslip for £963. “I said, ‘Is this your monthly?’ And he said, ‘Are you joking, man? It’s my weekly.’” Mirza applied for his private hire licence the same day, and joined Uber in October last year. “It gives me a lot of happiness,” he said. “Any time you feel like working, you go out. You’re not feeling well, you go home and sleep. Obviously, you get life once and you want to live like that. You are the boss.”

0 |

Not too sure if any of you work in construction but i've heard that this project may be affected directly by brexit, as its EU Funded, contractor is to be announced fairly soon
www.yorkstreetintercha...

0 |

*Contractor to be getting their hopes up fairly soon.

0 |

plus all the pussy you get too driving a taxi don't forget that.

0 |

People will look back in years to come and say Brexit was one of the best decisions ever made despite a lot of fuck nuggets not really understanding what it meant when voting. The EU is a dead duck.

0 |

Or not

0 |

Just remember who is running the Brexit ship

In an NI context we could be in the EU again given all this border poll chat.

0 |

being a racist is never cool, Ron.

0 |