Choose a discussion

Brexit 2016

Official thread.

I will be voting to Leave Europe.

what about you?

0 |

I signed up to the labour party this week... gotta keep JC in there for a little while longer

0 |

I don't see how corbyn stays too much longer tbh. He needs to be more aggressive.

0 |

Support from the membership is his strength. The other candidates would struggle to command what he has. So I think he stands a good chance. However it could get very nasty, is there a possibility of a split and a new Labour party emerging ?

0 |

That's really what I was aiming at. The strength of feeling and wide spectrum of views could see a split. The tories will be loving this. At their weakest their rivals are worse off.

0 |

I joined last week too pavlov. I keep seeing references to the 'unelectability' of people like Corbyn and Sanders but if you're left wing, surely it makes more sense to have a strong left wing opposition than to have your beliefs diluted by a right of centre Blairite or Hillary government with a right wing opposition. Give me Corbyn/McDonnell in opposition any day over any of those Blairites in power

4 |

This is good.

www.theguardian.com/co...

0 |

1 |

We've had enough of experts.

0 |

Starting to think that the UK would be just as well run if every decision was based on the flip of a coin.

0 |

Looks like your new house might not be as good an investment as before your Brexit vote, RJ ;)

House price growth eases, as economist predicts downturn

"House prices continue to increase, albeit at a slower rate, but this precedes the EU referendum result, therefore it is far too early to determine any impact since," said Martin Ellis, Halifax's housing economist.

Howard Archer, chief UK economist at IHS Global Insight, said there was likely to be a major impact on house prices in the months ahead: "Despite the Halifax reporting a marked rise in house prices in June itself, we believe that the prospects for the housing market have deteriorated markedly following the Brexit vote.

"Housing market activity and prices now look to be at very serious risk of an extended, marked downturn following the UK's vote to leave the EU."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/bus...

0 |

He can still live in it though

0 |

Lol@ houses being for living in... Clearly they were built as forumming talk points.

An extended marked downturn in prices thus boost their forum comment value, as does a rapid rise... A win-win situation in real terms wither way

0 |

Gove out - Leadsom beats Gove to join May on shortlist for Conservative leadership ballot

0 |

Lizard people don't want a pro Brexit leader then

0 |

They both voted Leave no?

0 |

May is pro EU

0 |

She did say Brexit means Brexit but it seems a difficult role to take if she didn't actually vote that way. I assumed she had

0 |

It isn't really... you can be in favour of remain while that option is on the table... Once the Remain choice is removed then you can still argue for the best Brexit conditions (although I not really sure if May will be able to get them)

0 |

I'd suck Leadsom toes while she beats me with a bat for being of working class stock the mad, bad Lizard Queen.

0 |

I got my house £30k under asking price takk so I've some margin

0 |

Did ye, aye?

0 |

Asking price is irrelevant, market price is what it was sold for

1 |

imgur.com/ZvEVg1E

2 |

*LEADSOM MAY PULL OUT AT 12, BBC SAYS

0 |

May's government is going to be full of brexit people to keep them happy. Tory government just got more right wing. Nicola sturgeon will be loving it. Lol.

0 |

Leave voters seem to be like turkeys celebrating Christmas

0 |

There's really fuck all here to celebrate. Still a tory government in charge. A ring wing one. Labour in tatters with a bitter leadership campaign to come. Money in your pocket is worth less and you've basically been handed a pay cut.

0 |

So the unelected monarch will appoint the unelected prime minister by wednesday night. Meanwhile, the opposition MPs are trying to remove their leader who was elected by their party members. Thank god we live in a democracy

0 |

Totally respect Andrea #Leadsom's decision to resign. According to her CV she's already been PM five years, she must be exhausted poor love

0 |

Didn't Pablo Escobar do something similar to get elected?

It's just a game. Compromise every inch of your integrity to get into power...then you'll really make the world better. Except having gone through the process you come out the other end completely lacking anything nearing credibility as you whored yourself out to the highest bidders

0 |

That's just life actually

0 |

This is absolutely brilliant - www.mirror.co.uk/news/...

0 |

RJ Macready • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
what way you voting Muzka, id be interested to hear how RP & Pav are voting, i simply dont like the fact that these fuckers are unelected by us and those that we do vote in our own local & general elections have next to zero power to implement any real change

RJ Macready • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
I don't think anyone is under the illusion that once we leave we'll be packing up the trains and herding everyone who can't sing god saves the queen back to Europe ffs we need healthy immigration levels in this country for our economy, I'm voting purely on a sovereignty basis and don't wish to be lead by Brussels or for us to hand any more power to unelected officials plus it'll be something a bit different for an aul change

How you feel about this unelected leader RJ? Or is it just unelected Europeans you have an issue with?

1 |

www.neweconomics.org/b...

0 |

Arent all prime ministers "unelected"

0 |

Unelected is ok with rj so long as they are white, British and speak the queens English

1 |

Brexit spirit. Sure it's only my own house.

0 |

How you feel about this unelected leader RJ? Or is it just unelected Europeans you have an issue with?

Well come the general elections if the unelected fuckers aren't doing a good job guess what we the people (well the English anyways) will be able to boot them out... so how do we remove the European President exactly?

0 |

EU elections for MEPs. The EU Presidency was rotated by country so it was not dominated by just the big economies.

0 |

Brexit: Debate on second EU referendum after millions sign petition - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

Decent chance to sell this bounce on cable again with BoE coming up tomorrow

0 |

Ha Boris. Right lads yous can stop spoofing now

0 |

Boris is now in charge of MI6.

0 |

0 |

Maybe not but seeing as Germany, France and Italy happen to be the biggest economies in the EU one might think they would have a little more say in the negotiations than Malta and certainly more influence

0 |

Sorry 3 biggest now that we're leaving them yeeeeeoooo

0 |

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/bus...

We just can't handle any set backs. Robust economy is a joke

0 |

May's speech on Monday was interesting...very Miliband.

wonder how her new cabinet will shape up

0 |