Choose a discussion

Good documentary on 4 now. What a mentalist. The definition of arrogant. Imagine the banter* if he was President?

0 |

Excuse me but you previously characterised the Wikileaks emails as "vague". It is proof positive of absolute and utter corruption and cronyism. They rigged the primary in her favour and all involved were rewarded hereafter. These are facts you cannot brush away.

Torture factories in Syria? Your immense knowledge of middle east politics will of course solve the age old question, of how we encourage middle east countries towards secularism and democracy despite the populous leaning sometimes towards theocratic dictatorship. Crack that one and you win. I'll say this, 80% of the Syrian population live under the "regime". More every day and it has little to do with bombs. Again, please please educate yourself on the subject.

Lives worse? He is a conman. His ideas about ending free trade agreements and bringing back jobs, only time will tell. I doubt it as well. But you see this doesn't matter. The Democrats said there wasn't a problem. Explain Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. There was. Immigration? They said "don't be racist" despite a porous border adversely affecting the working class of the country. Also an abject obvious attempt to secure a voting "bloc" on the behalf of the democrats. Anyone who disagrees with mass undocumented immigration is a hillbilly atavistic idiot.

This abject abandonment of their base and the ridiculing of their fears lead us and give us to him.

Look the other way, if you please. There was no alternative in this election due to the absolute rankness of the hypocrisy on the other half of the floor, it's no surprise the dems lost in all branches of government. They are devoid of anything approaching principal.

If in doubt, watch Clinton singing with Jay Z.

0 |

And... The full Mary J Blige video. Sit through that.

If you don't see an absolute charlatan, desperately in the lowest manner possible eyeing the votes of a certain "bloc", then Sir... I owe you a coke.

0 |

I said they were vague on the specific of Clintons corruption... you offered evidence of Brazilles.

Don't get me wrong... US politic is a swamp, as the prez elect says... and any candidate floating to the top will be tainted in some way or another (Bernie might just have been the exception) but Clinton has had so much shit thrown at her and that if there was any serious wrongdoing it would have come out by now.

Torture factories in Syria?
A UN report from earlier this year (don't woory it covers both governmental and 'rebel' sites...
www.ohchr.org/Document...

Maybe he will bring back jobs... and improve the loves of americans. I doubt it... but I don't think i've ever called Trump voters stupid

You think Obama didn't get the memo on the porous borders being a ploy to build a voting bloc for the democrats?
He over saw the more deportations than any other president... just he focused on new arrivals. He wanted those that had already built lives in the US to be given a change to legitimise their status

Clintons campaign main problem was it took voters for granted... I agree the abandonment of their base was a problem ... but rather mind-boggling to say the corruption lay only on one side... the media focus on it was one-sided.

In that respect Trump played a blinder.. the focus on his 'unpresidental' qualities stopped people from having a look to see how deep his corruption ran

1 |

And I imagine the US system will be in a much sorrier state in 4 years time

1 |

The problems with the political system you both agreed with, corporatism and cronyism, were obviously a major issue. Clinton represented no change to it, she actually represents all it stands for. She plays that game like a pro. A large part of the electorate couldn't stomach another empty suit.

The appeal of Trump, at a very basic level, is that he was able to present himself as an outsider to the Washington revolving door. Whether or not that is true is very much debatable as he has been very much involved in politics for a long time. But that is irrelevant, he managed to convey the image and people gravitated towards it given the sheer racket that modern USA seems from the perspective of the regular Joe.

Clinton was a truly awful alternative to Trump.

0 |

Tell us more about these West Aleppo nightclubs, dvmc?

0 |

Probably a good time to repost this absolute belter.

1 |

@ RP
When you say
" Clinton represented no change to it, she actually represents all it stands for."
That isn't actually true

Part of her platform was to undo the citizens united ruling by the supreme court which allowed a massive influx of corporate and dark money into the election system. The Trump presidency will ensure the supreme court is stacked against repealing the ruling.

0 |

The Democrats have much the better policies fair point. And that sounds a great one.

Hillary however could not be trusted for me. It would be just as likely that policy would be her pre election public position while in private she was manoeuvring to do no such thing. She was pandering to the democratic grass roots to get an edge on Sanders. Good electioneering you know.

0 |

Well at least you can trust Trump to do what he said he would do, e.g Obamacare, the wall etc.

Oh wait

0 |

0 |

I trusted Hillary. So disappointed she didn't win.

0 |

So is the whole of Europe bar the extreme left it seems. Assad/Putin apologists etc.

Don't know what they fear from US/NATO being as strong as possible. No like Russia would hit back when the US started to bully them into some sense of Humanity again.

0 |

Fckin ell at this. cjonline.com/news/2016...

0 |

Some explain to me how changing voter registration act helps with national security?

0 |

The way she was going to overturn it was by appoint a supreme court judge from a progressive background... They would have ruled against it... Unless you somehow thing Clinto was going to appoint a conservative judge for all those abortion ruilings?

her other idea was a small donation matching scheme that has the backing of pretty much all democrats... that small donations are matched by a ratio of 6$ to $1... still better to have Trump in power hoping he won't do what he promised rather than Hilary in power hoping she does.lol.

1 |

You don't want to elect another Obama style terrorist in chief again MM.

If they role out a Muslim register it going to alienate pretty much all Muslims so that section of the electorate will require enhanced suppression

0 |

I said the problem with Hillary was always credibility. I couldn't trust her more constructive policies at all. To me, she just said what she needed to get to power.

That is just judging her on her own merits. It doesn't mean I think Trump is great. It's all a nightmare scenario for the US

0 |

Trump of course oozes credibility lol.

0 |

Why Hilary has a thing about the citizens untied ruling...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

0 |

Why would You want to trust an American President? What does that mean? Lol

0 |

Do you trust Assad and Putin then RP? What about Erdogen?
What other Foreign Leaders do you "trust"?

0 |

Do you "Trust" Trump then?

0 |

Happy birthday SS

0 |

Pav is capable enough to "search" for evidence of her corruption himself. Certainly not needed for anyone here to do it. The woman is and was a disgrace, and a failure. Every single step she made as Secretary of state was absolutely horrifying. Take one example, that I guess noone gives a fuck about. Regime change in Libya, that worked out amazing. I'm mates with a "Refugee" here, he was working in Libya as a Scientist when it was 'decided' Gaddafi wasn't useful as an idiot anymore. He had a house, a great job and was happy enough. As soon as the bombs dropped from planes she sent his life changed, he ended up begging in Italy. To Steelman her argument a little, it could be argued the people there were suffering but she had direct and obvious experience with regards to Iraq and what such adventurism costs in peoples lives.

Without her input this wouldn't have happened. She did that. Then we see refugee influx through unsecured borders, a destroyed and failed state with ISIS statelets popping up for all to see.

"Trustworthy, reliable, a professional".

0 |

If she represents US then who exactly are THEM?

0 |

I have better thing to do with my life than trawl through clintons email releases looking for some that one email that shows she is corrupt. You're bound to have seen loads since your so convinced of her corruption... go and link up a few...

or wait lets just change the subject and talk about Libya instead....

1 |

When I talk about trusting Clinton. I mean i trust her to not to be a laughing stock of the world and to blow everyone up. That's not a very high bar.

0 |

State of that Neo-Nazi reading from his notes.

0 |

Trust few people put forth these days ss. They all seem to have been corrupted by the system that they have benefited from. I find people like Sanders and Corbyn refreshing as they have in many ways proven that they were more inclined to stick to their principles instead of jumping into bed with the highest bidders while paying lip service to those seeking a more egalitarian society.

Just to pick out an example of the kind of politician that is the norm these days we have the labour MP Gisela Stuart. You may have seen her campaign for Leave recently. Anyway she was recently found to have undeclared interests in a wealth management firm which helps non doms avoid tax. She voted against strengthening tax avoidance legislation. One example but there are many more.

Add to that recent scandals around MPs expenses and consulting on the side, Tory cuts to the most vulnerable being dressed up as socially progressive and the votes for war from both sides, trust doesn't come easy for me.

Just because I believe Clinton falls right into that kind of bracket doesn't mean I believe Trump doesn't. It's an awful choice. For me, Clinton lost because she failed to demonstrate she was any diferent and I certainly believe that would be the right assessment.

The longer we keep going with the Clintons of the world the more it opens the door for the Trumps and Farage like characters to thrive.

1 |

Big push for recount in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. nymag.com/daily/intell... Deadline to file request is Friday in Wisconsin, Monday in PA and next Wednesday in Wisconsin.

0 |

Amid all the media prattle about the white working class, the rejection of the status quo, and the great divide in the US, there remains one simple, but exceedingly dangerous, truth which none dare speak: the US election may have been stolen.

Now, before temporal arteries start bulging with rage, allow me to make clear that this assertion is in no way an attempt to promote the criminal warmonger Hillary Clinton or make a case for her taking a seat in the Oval Office. Indeed, were one to need evidence of my loathing for Clinton, see any of the more than dozen articles I wrote this election season slamming her for a laundry list of crimes ranging from corruption to wholesale mass murder (here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and many others).

www.counterpunch.org/2...

0 |

Jill stein looking $2miil in donations to pay for the recount

www.huffingtonpost.com...

0 |

Imagine all the pre-election fraud talk from the Trump team was to focus e attention on clinton while the republicans / russians fudged the elections for him...

I can see bloodshed if there is a recount though

0 |

She raised 50,000 in last 30 minutes.

0 |

In Pennsylvania you need 3 people in each precinct and $100 to force a recount. The biggest task is to get the people to actually sign petition. There's maybe a 1,000 precinct. The organization is hardest part to get people who voted to sign and you have to do it by Monday.

0 |

Looks like stien will have no problem raising the cash... Id imagine getting 1000 signatures should be easy enough... Motivation will be high

0 |

Actually is 9,000 districts in PA. Just realized a candidate doesn't need a petitions, but has to file with each of those districts.

There are two other ways to get a vote recount. Voters can initiate a recount by having three voters from a voting district in question petition the county and ask for a recount. Coordinating that statewide would be nearly impossible. The third way, and the most likely in this case (if you can even called it “likely”), would be initiated by the candidate.

A candidate can’t actually file for a vote recount under Pennsylvania law. Instead, they would have to challenge a county board regarding its vote computations, and a state appeals judge would have to rule that a statewide recount is necessary. That means the Clinton campaign would either have to request a recount by petition in every voting district or present a prima facie case showing voter fraud. (Prima facie is a lower threshold than beyond a reasonable doubt. A judge would just have to rule that fraud probably occurred in order to call for a recount.)

0 |

It would be fucked up if it turned out george Soros gave a fat wedge of cash to Stein to cover the costs...

Imagine the infowars meltdown

0 |

Even Noam whould have voted killary

1 |

Just found out, that because the legal route for recount depends on a judge, they are going the petition route for Pennsylvania. They just sent email out to everyone who donated, asking them to sign it. Needs to be done by tomorrow.

0 |

Wisconsin Agrees To Statewide Recount In Presidential Race (R.)

www.reuters.com/articl...

0 |

Just finished listening to Jon Ronson Book - Elephant in the Room. Inside Trump campaign and relationship with Alex Jones and the Alt Right. Brilliant read/listen. 2 hours long.

1 |

Priebus confirms that climate denial will be the official policy of Trump’s administration.

inkprogress.org/trump-...

0 |

0 |

Trump's Taiwan phone call preceded by hotel development inquiry

www.theguardian.com/wo...

0 |

Some rant here

0 |

Goes on and on and on if you click into it

0 |

The US is now being run via twitter.

1 |