Choose a discussion

Good documentary on 4 now. What a mentalist. The definition of arrogant. Imagine the banter* if he was President?

0 |

Take the Daily Mail RJ. It purports to be standing up for your everyday Brit. Who owns and runs it? Who writes for it?

These people barely leave Belgravia except to top up their Cayman Island bank accounts so when would they ever actually meet any of the regular joes they target. Same goes for the other papers and media giants. Their stories on politics regularly post sources as think tanks paid for and run by the establishment as well. Often it's flat propaganda for their interests.

So it's not them all sitting in a boardroom. Unfortunately it's much more subtle.

0 |

I kinda know where you're coming from but it's odd logic. "Its probably happening, I think it's happening so it's definitely happening".

If the lizard people hat truly so much power the elections would have been rigged, UK would still be in the loving embrace of Brussels and Hilary would be on the Iron Throne. Right?

0 |

Thats just one way of looking at it... that the people with power are all acting as one self-interested group...

Yes they have undue influence but that it different than the acting as a secret state within a state.
It fails to account for the fact that these people often have conflicting views of the world and are all pushing different agendas.

That idea that there could be a state within a state supports their agendas because it encourages the idea that politics is just a theatre and supresses the vote, particularly amonsgt people that want there to be real change in the way governments are run

0 |

Of course, that's not to rule out or forget how quick business elites and other assorted dicks are in adapting to new environments.

0 |

RP.com • 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
Take the Daily Mail RJ. It purports to be standing up for your everyday Brit. Who owns and runs it? Who writes for it?

I dont think the regular writers for the Dailymail live in Belgravia, they probably commute in like the rest of the plebs as for the owners, of course they'll set agendas to further their own interests, if i was part of the 1% id be using my money to completely destroy the DUP or to further things that i think are worth furthering so they're arent exactly doing anything nefarious nor are they globally conspiring to bring about some crazy assed utopia where were all slaves to them. Its simply how the world works.. and you either accept it and get on with life ergo me or you waste far for too much brain cycles on something you have fuck all control over

0 |

i'd be setting aside a serious chunk o change to fight religion and space shit, lots of space related shit

0 |

Real power lies with the people. I think we forget just how cushy we have or had it. We are all, in comparison with the rest of the world, born in the lap of luxury.

But if things turn, people go a day without eating, all the DM leader columns in the world won't stop people taking to the streets to change it. Elites have power as the dirty secret is, its in our shared interest that things continue like they have been.

0 |

we're lucky in the West that we don't have to worry about such things

0 |

Most daily mail hacks are probably living in shared flats. For most journalists, it's just a gig and it's accepted as such regardless the politics of the paper.

0 |

The stability and relative prosperity brought about by these elites, for us in the west, is the product of those elites having their boots on the necks of other people in the world. We exploit poorer countries or buy them off to make sure our life here continues to be soft and worry free. We accept this as the way of things.

Change in that system of power projection and control, with consequences for how we live, must come from other parts of the world as the vast majority in the west have zero interest in the revolution of a system that benefits them the most.

0 |

In the daily mail example... when they attack the judges as being enemies of the state ... does that mean it is part of the deep state and the judges are some kind of renegades freedomn fighters or visa versa?

0 |

It means the establishment want Brexit. They don't want to have their power dilluted. There was no doubt a time when the EU suited their desire for control but it seems the labour and environmental laws restricting their business activities got too much.

Look how they have hounded Corbyn since he came in. His ideas like a greater emphasis on income equality and a check on CEO salaries are in direct opposition to the establishment. Its a concerted effort no mistake about it.

The writers might not live in Belgravia RJ but the write to their owners tastes. Otherwise they'd be out. Also they have probably got into the industry with unpaid internships and degrees, another filter ensuring only a small band of society can be a part of the in group that the media now is.

0 |

So when the BoE and all thgose other big financial institutions were engaging in 'Project fear' before the referendum they were actually anti-establishment renagdes in league with the judges fighting the deep state?

So does that make trump some kind of crypto-deep state agent, being pro-brexit... and all this deep state briefing against him is a charade...

For that matter, was Obama (being anti-brexit) also fighting the deep state...

Food for though

0 |

Good job I'm scared of driving and most manual labour.

0 |

I am talking about the UK pav and the power politics that exists here. The US has its own.

I would be more interested in talking about how commentators in the press dismissed the BoE reports and instead focused on the immigrant invasion supposedly coming our way. Where was there sense of balance and consideration of the facts then? I mean you obviously think they are doing this all in good faith and have just got it wrong perhaps.

Apart from some exceptions the Leave campaign was the work of a small group of the super wealthy using their mouthpieces in the media and political to good effect, despite the mountain of evidence for Remain

It's not as black and white as you like to try and make it.

Many politicians I'd see as actually being paid mouthpieces for the establishment rather than part of it themselves. Empty suits.

0 |

Who's gonna build the machines though?

1 |

Coastguard?

0 |

But the UK press have always been anti-EU even during the Blair years... They are the same group of superwealthy individuals that have always wanted to leave the EU

so for that whole time the UK governemnt would have been at odds with the establishment agents that are the rich people running the media

given the choice, free of voter repercussions, most mps would have voted to stay in the EU.

But why not keep this about Trumpian politics and leave the brexit for the brexit thread?

0 |

Just want to share this then back to Donald.

0 |

FAKE news dvmCNN!!

0 |

Can't even trust Twitter these days ffs.

0 |

He's brilliant in this press conference

0 |

They can change their minds you know. Like I said, at one time the EU no doubt was useful. Probably as it opened up the continent to huge debt markets being one reason.

0 |

Watching a bit of that Press conference.

What a time to be alive folks!

0 |

It's pure brilliance it's like WTF he's a world leader and he's just coming off with whatever the fuck he likes

0 |

links to conference?

0 |

www.avclub.com/article...

He's going more and more nuts as the weeks go on. It's not even TWO MONTHS into his 4 year term.

0 |

Something about what uranium is I saw someone post on fb-basically completely confused nonsense which is all he has spouted it's incredible really.

0 |

Did ye see him getting pulled on lying himself about numbers and margin?

0 |

I saw some quotes from this... hoping to watch the full thing tomo
Is it possible the press conference was intentionally bad to drive a bigger wedge between his supporters and the msm... give him an excuse to refuse to talk to the again.

0 |

Here's a good summary of his madness:
www.vox.com/2017/2/16/...

To summarize:
+ The leaks about Flynn were real, but the news that said that is fake
+ Asked a reporter if she could set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus because she's black, saying "Are they friends of yours?"
+ Said he watches CNN and that he doesn't watch it anymore in the same sentence.
+ Started ranting about Hillary Clinton for whatever reason (I think he misses her)
+ "Nuclear holocaust would be like no other"
+ Was told he was lying about saying his was the greatest Electoral College margin since Reagan
+ And finally this gem:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C40KxQBXAAIgH78.jpg

1 |

Pavlov - his 'supporters' are only a small core percentage of the people who voted for him though. He's presumably shedding a lot of that Republican-leaning voter support the more he goes on.

0 |

It's like a reality tv show gone really really bad

0 |

Him being asked by the Jewish Journalist about how he plans to tackle up tick in anti-semtism, even after being told that he wasnt being accused of being anti-semitic, he still manages to come off sounding like a dickhead. Anyway, no surprise.

0 |

This is unbeliev... Actually its just another thing that happened on another day

Even Fox news (or at least had someone on) ranting against him

0 |

thats absolutely nuts

0 |

0 |

there's the full thing

0 |

1 |

The Associated PressVerified account
‏@AP
BREAKING: Trump administration considers mobilizing as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants

0 |

www.quora.com/What-are...

What a cunt

0 |

Interesting enough.

0 |

Trump Explains Uranium

0 |

haha

0 |

I imagine once they get their agenda through they'll be eager to get rid of thrumo dvmc... but they seem to have difficulty even advancing the repeal of ACA and the tax 'reforms'.

It could backfire as well if the pres goes off the ranch and provokes some conflict... or allows his close advisors to entrench themselves fully within the nationa; security apparatus.

Once the start spinning that the GOP is out to bypass trump and the media is the enemy then they got p[eoplems even communicating to their supporters.

Also Trump will fire up the democrat support base much more than one of the blander GOP operative (but one of the blander operative wouldn't have won them the presidency)...

It just a question of wether he demopcrats can do something useful with the energy of their supporters or will they continue with business as usual

0 |

www.theatlantic.com/po...

Highlights from the Hannity show for those who missed it while they were at work...

0 |

The world is becoming a crazy place these days pav. It's not just an American thing either. Turns out muzak1 is homophobic judging from his rant in the football thread early this morning.

0 |

You know what we need. Take a bunch of mushrooms and relive the summer of 69. Peace & Love.

0 |

Sweden must have been hit really bad

0 |

The twisting of the media and usage of lies is a thing to behold. America deserves all it gets for voting this prick in.

0 |