Choose a discussion

Good documentary on 4 now. What a mentalist. The definition of arrogant. Imagine the banter* if he was President?

0 |

Took our dog to vet for first time. It was pretty extreme. Seen a Dog came in waiting room with a tumour the size of his head, on his neck. The vet then squeezed his anal glands. Place stunk like a fish mongers.

0 |

Seems fairly vaguely defined at the minute mm, but the consensus seems to be that anyone coming into the USA who is from those countries will be denied entry, visa or not, and no matter where they're travelling from. The uncertainty at the minute is whether "from" the countries applies to those with dual citizenships.

0 |

I bet the rich saudis wont be getting any extreme vetting done to them

0 |

They already have extreme vetting for refugees. Takes 2 years and they have to jump through a dozen hoops. Also they pick people at random. A refugee can't ask to be sent to America. There's Bhutanese refugees on my street. Great bunch of lads. They always sayNamaste to me, when I'm out gardening.

0 |

KGB chief linked to Trump file found dead

www.independent.ie/wor...

0 |

Agree with a fair bit in that 'The Left is No Longer Liberal' video you linked, dvmc.

0 |

It's hard to disagree with him. He's a really nice fella I like his interviews. I started looking into this when a friend of my (then) colleague was stopped at speaking at a university in the UK. She was labelled as anti Palestinian for some reason by the Union, and the Uni "de-platformed" her. He told me about this and I didn't understand really what he was talking about, that you wouldn't be allowed to speak at a public university in the UK, or the US.

But it happens all the time - you're labelled by the thought police and become persona non grata. Simply by having an another opinion, you're considered to be doing violence to others...

A good read....
www.theatlantic.com/ma...

0 |

That sort of mentality definitely seems to be very common nowadays, especially online. I just hate the way you've got mouthpieces on all sides constantly having a go at each other, trying to demonise their opponents (enemies?), and in a pretty nasty way, just because their views may not align identically to the other persons. E.g. if I'm talking to a big Corbyn fan and express my worries/opinion/questions about his policies/ideas, I'd, very often, get the response that I'm a Tory, I don't care about the less fortunate, people like me are the cause of all the problems society faces, etc. You're instantly regarding as an enemy, in a way. It's pointless even trying to discuss topics in those sorts of environments. And if you're getting attacked and abused due to not aligning to their beliefs, it just ends up alienating you from what they have to say, potentially creating more division.

I blame Facebook tbh.

2 |

Gerry, clearly a false fleg by the west/men behind the curtain trying to destabilise the mighty Putin.

0 |

This is kinda odd...

Donald Trump and Theresa May hold hands
www.bbc.co.uk/news/387...

0 |

Actually, it just seems like he's assisting her down a ramp or something

0 |

0 |

Trump winning an indictment of American Democracy yet a Clinton victory would have seen 3 family dynasties rule the country for 30 years

0 |

0 |

The refugee ban has caused absolute chaos. No one knows what's going on. I have nothing against extreme scrutiny, but the US laws must be the strongest in the world already. Leaves out Saudi Arabia as well as other gulf States who are the major backers of jihadis globally. Iran on it despite ten years of work to normalise relationships and bring them towards to the west.

Disastrous...

0 |

I saw somewhere earlier that the nationalities that are not banned are the ones where trump has business interests

0 |

Doubtful, for me anyway, that that plays a role. The depth of relationship the US and the slave kingdoms have probably 'Trumps' it. I'm baffled as to how it could be legal. That, if what Matthew says is going on, it's going to act retrospectively... It's an extremely dark turn, and for security purposes as useful as Lisa Simpsons Tiger Rock when talking with homer about the bear patrol.

Yet refugees were responsible for terrorist acts in Europe. Germany, legally,couldn't deport the Xmas market attacker. People are scared and will consider it action when it isn't.

Dark enough time line.

0 |

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

www.nationalreview.com...

The crux of the article, every refugee settled abroad means that 11 aren't helped closer to home. Utilitarianism, to an extent, but a persuasive argument being made.

Trumps business was his whole identity, maybe it does play a role with the bans... His voters though, will certainly love this.

0 |

Don't want to bang on about this but bill mahers bit last night was great.

Fuck your feelings

1 |

Universities and that have a much better record regarding free speech on their campuses than anywhere else in the World, I believe. Definitely something which needs to be watched especially with the rise of SJWs and victim-mentality-Nazis.
They have no idea of the beautiful thing that is the 1st Amendment.

0 |

Watched that Bill Maher vid and he's so right, cunts need to lighten up and stop being such fucking whinging babies cause their feeling where hurt... Can't believe the celebs in the vid pandering to cunts on the Internet

1 |

I just called my congressmen (3 of them) to voice my outrage at this Muslim ban. The whole religious test part of it is nuts. No country in the world right now has a religious test at airports. Last time there was a religious test at a border checkpoint was in Germany when they would allow Jews to leave.

0 |

Correction. Wouldn't allow Jews to leave.

0 |

Did you get any kind of response?

0 |

You called your congressman about a ban on Muslims despite it not being a ban on Muslims. You're conflating the prioritisation of the refugees with the executive order around vetting from certain countries.

Muslims have not been banned from entering the US.

0 |

Office are closed today. Left a message. My Mrs is calling every other day since inauguration.

0 |

Dvmc. They have a total ban on Muslim majority countries. Everyone is having problems right now interpreting the law he just put in, but you can land it any way you like, but Trump himself called "a total Muslim ban" during the campaign. His words.

0 |

Land = word. Autocorrect

0 |

I'd advice you to read up on it then, before calling again. Not being snarky but it's worth being armed with facts before engaging with those with the power to challenge or change legislation.

1 |

Madness at the airports apparently

0 |

Like mentioned already in this thread, there are many Muslim countries, for whatever reasons, not covered. It isn't a ban on Muslims and it isn't being applied by religion.

Again, arm yourself with facts.

0 |

Reading about people bein arrested in the streets because of this too. England must be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of doing the same thing there.

0 |

England? Do you mean a minority of the English population? Bit unfair to tar them all with the same brush.

0 |

Whose being arrested on the street? What?

0 |

Anyway, whatever my opinion on the matter is, this issue is going to get the most backlash than anything else he's done so far.

0 |

BTW those are the facts as I understand them after reading about it this morning. Not an endorsement. @dlind on twitter, a writer from Vox has been tweeting about this all day with the reality of EO legislation vis a vis the assumptions on the behalf of the border agency that this is Carte blanche to act as they see fit. Very much worth checking the time line.

0 |

It'll be fun when the next terrorist attack in the US is from a none immigrant and this policy proves worthless and pointless. Doing nothing but making people's life difficult

0 |

Your optimism, is certainly a boon.

Not to be pessimistic, but I doubt many tears are being shed right now, Trumps rhetoric on Islam was a huge part of his appeal. He acknowledged what the other side wouldn't. As said, this is fairly ridiculous, but the veneer of 'action' will probably suffice. A sad indictment of how honest we are these days.

According to 'reports,' those responsible for instructing foreign interests or companies have actually been adapting the law on a one by one personal bias basis. Chaotic right now, but it will calm down i imagine.

Follow @dlind for more about how it is indeed legal etc...

0 |

0 |

Maybe this will lead to a change in mindset in Muslim majority countries, tolerance and freedom of thought will flourish in places where polls show support for murdering apostates is regularly around 80%.

;-) yeah, me either...

0 |

It's actually a majority of England TJ, can't imagine many Leavers are too bothered by the immigration prospects of Muslims. That said, I was referring really to the English government such that it is.

0 |

Universities in the US, I meant above, obviously.

0 |

Matthew • 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
Reading about people bein arrested in the streets because of this too. England must be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of doing the same thing there

A majority of people in England are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of people being arrested in the streets over these issues? That's just complete nonsense Matthew.

0 |

It turns out that immigrant that have carried out recent terror attacks in the US come from muslim countries unaffected by the ban.

I guess it will play right into the hands of the like of Isil as they can point to this as evidence of the wests war of isalm... maybe gerry's wee meme will finally get a bit of traction

0 |

and MM as fair as I know it is only a ban on muslims from those countries not a total ban... christians and other religious minorities are still cool

0 |

Who gives a fuck?

0 |

Again. You're conflating two separate things. No ones religion is confirmed on a passport. When applying for asylum however, EVERYTHING is checked.

This though...it ain't good. Green card holders possibly being denied entry. I'd be amazed if this lunacy lasts the weekend.

0 |

Most of this conversation is going over my head. Could someone just tell me what to get offended about?

1 |

Wheaten.

1 |