Choose a discussion

Grief Junky Thread

Poor Bowie lads. Gutted for him. The game is rigged.

1 |

fucking worst monday ever.

0 |

Our dishwasher is broken.

1 |

i got over it fairly quickly

0 |

Feisty from Molo this morning.
Wedding been pushed back?
Stay of Execution?
George Costanza.

0 |

I have a stomach cramp. Just adds to the misery today this.

0 |

also Matthew on Bowie. Spot on:

Matthew • 25 minutes ago
Ah fuck cancer. Music aside, the man's life was a real inspiration - always fearless of change, of embracing newness, a weirdo outsider who came to define true coolness without ditching any part of that weirdness.

2 |

I'm a massive grief jinky Rubick. I thrive on death. Candles lit all over the show for Bowie.

0 |

And the Newry 6 year old

0 |

*junky

0 |

So.

0 |

first wee oscar, now bowie.

0 |

Releases new album, three people post on Facebook. Dies and every fucker is his biggest fan ever and a huge influence on their life wearing a suit working in an office

0 |

well dying is a significantly bigger milestone in ones life than releasing your 20 somethingth album tbf

4 |

Shit, facebook, better get on that. What song should I link? Has to be Don't Go Breaking My Heart, doesn't it?

0 |

True Starsky

0 |

Rather pessimistic view of that behaviour Muzka - I'd prefer to see it as representative of how influential Bowie was, because otherwise you're just making guesses about how much his music (or his persona) meant to others, which is a depressing road to go down.

1 |

his best song has to be the one he did for the TV show Life on Mars. can't remember the name of it though.

0 |

I'm just hoping this doesnt in anyway jeopardise Warcraft being made by his son

1 |

Still can't believe what happened Steve Irwin. After all those years piling on top of big crocodiles he gets undone by a stingray through the heart. Madness.

1 |

Now that is a death I was properly gutted at. Crushed me that one lads. Loved the guy.

0 |

Gandolfini, that was another crushing blow for many people to wake up to. I recall they were in mourning, all morning.

0 |

In the Mournes.

0 |

Tony Soprano & aul Steve Irwin where proper losses

0 |

I'm still getting over Englands Rose. Lady Di

0 |

I'm not too bad about that now. Her footsteps still fall here on England's greenest hills sure.

0 |

Lady Di started the rose chucking over the cortege trend. Trailblazer.

0 |

I posted on Facebook a few months back about Bowie and it flew right under the radar. No biggie me thinks, my friends obviously aren't into Bowie.

How wrong was I?

0 |

I seen a transcript over the weekend there of the conversation between blair and clinton following her untimely demise. Brought it all back. Raw

0 |

Or maybe they don't give a fuck what you say on Facebook, Wayne.

Not replying to your Bowie post doesn't mean they don't love Bowie.

2 |

it does aye ;-)

0 |

i liked Bowie before he was dead

2 |

I liked him better when he was alive.

0 |

loved him in Labyrinth

0 |

If Depeche Mode releases a new album id get round to it eventually and certainly wouldn't post about it on Facebook. but if they died id be gutted because of 30 year plus body of amazing work. Not based on their new, no doubt unable to reach previous heights,album

0 |

*released

0 |

Shit, shit attitude from Muzka there. So, if you're influenced by an artist you have to dress and work in a certain way in order to show that? You want cunts that liked Bowie walking to work in spandex, platform boots and face-paint? Wise up, you balloon.

4 |

lol

0 |

lol at hicksy chucking a rage

0 |

I know, mate. My face paint is running down my cheeks as I sit in the office and type this.

2 |

Bowie was a butcher's delivery boy.

0 |

Stick wee Bowie album and dream of a better life amongst the astral planes

0 |

Fella in my work is a mod. Hair, clothes, dander, the lat. I appreciate you can like Paul Weller but that look is stupid if you're not Paul Weller.

2 |

lol @ hicksy

0 |

6music is good. Playing good songs of his I've never heard interrupted by shit like John, I'm Only Dancing and Just Dance.

0 |

Seeing older fellas on twitter who said they cried when they heard. Irvine Welsh being one.

Reckon you'd cry over the death of any person you haven't met?

0 |

Where Are We Now? brilliant
Five Days, brilliant

hadn't heard these

0 |

I can see that Flash. Bawled my eyes out over Jill Dando. What a loss.

0 |

Why not Flash?

0 |

Why wouldn't you cry? I don't know. I asked if you would.

0 |

Do you always have to have a reason to be moved to tears?

0 |