Choose a discussion

Pro Evo v Fifa

Heard Pro Evo is making a comeback lads so I downloaded the demo. Its pretty good on first play. Quick fast and slick. I like it. Gonna get the Fifa one too but I've heard its so slow this year. Any thoughts to sway me?

0 |

is there elves in it?

0 |

Have to go with Pro Evo. Spotted this last night. Fifa developers obviously a bit sectarian i.imgur.com/ic8PrL0.jpg

2 |

Haha. Very good

1 |

the FIFA programming is petty as hell. contempt it holds the player in. *spits*
definitely Pro Evo this year.

0 |

Is this molo talking to himself again because he didn't get a rise out of the gaming thread?

1 |

Probably pal

0 |

never a fan of fifa, not even the recent ones tbh.
Bout time pro evo took their rightful place at the top again:)

0 |

Hulkster lads. What a man.

0 |

Always been a pro man... This years is basically the same as the last which was the best since 2010

0 |

Last years good aye Gary?

0 |

Yeah I liked it. But the previous one was the worst ever. Honestly looked like they threw together in 3 days.

0 |

Haha. I've always preferred Pro Evo but defected to Fifa a few tears ago. It was ok. Haven't bought a football game since though and looking to get BACK ON THE HORSE.

0 |

They seem really similar these days. I just stick with pro cause its what I know and no one needs two foot and ball games

0 |

Two is pure witchcraft aye. Still got the old skills going by this demo anyway it seems. One twos and all coming off.

0 |

They've made tricks etc a lot easier to do. Hold down L1 for dribbling and just flick R3 (is that what you call the other toggle?) for turns and stuff

0 |

Gotta check that out

0 |

May give pro a lash this time round the

0 |

Been Fifa fan boy last few years but moved to PES this year. Playability blows Fifa out the water

2 |

Same boat as my pal MOLO. Been FIFA the last few years but considering returning to pro evo. Still on a PS3 until it dies and I've heard that a lot of the new features on FIFA16 aren't available on the ps3 version. Apparently its like they've just updated the squads. Fuck that.

1 |

I got it for the 360 which I guess would be like the ps3 and love it. This myclub is great craic and looking forward to not being stroked for packs

0 |

Any way around the licensing issues with players and clubs on pro EVO? East Derbyshire FC doesn't really stoke the imagination

0 |

Getting both is a tad perverse. Ya gotta pick a side. Playing as Merseyside Reds etc ain't the best though. No option to download an edited update for team and player names for the xbox either.

It's easily the better game though just wish they would sort the licensing out.

0 |

Possible on the Ps4/PC rp but not other platforms AFAIK.

0 |

As much as it sounds slightly obsessive I think it is a big thing. It impacts the realism. I liked how Fifa improved their season mode for buying and selling, qualifying for Europe, building a team up from the Division 1 etc.

Pro Evo cant seem to compete there.

0 |

It deffo is important. Ridiculous that it's even a thing. They should sell the game to a competent developer who can compete with EA.

0 |

The novelty of playing as Sheffield Wednesday wore off quick when the game engine sucked dick so much. I would play FUT each year and you would spend ages building a team only for it to make no difference if you had messi or crouch.

Fifa took the crown few years ago but the feel and playability of PES blows it away this year. That's main thing for me and there are loads of licensed players and teams. Myclub is decent for building your squad

0 |

I haven't played many computer games in the last few years but I got an itch to buy a snes this week-put a bid in for one on ebay with 16 games including pro evo 2 DELUXEEEE, yous remember that? was my first football game!

1 |

I don't think the authenticity is actually that big a deal. Obviously it would be nice but its all about playability for me. Is there no way you can get downloads to do it though? Played a good few games on the Pro Evo demo last night and I think my minds made up. Great wee game. Nice pace to it. Through balls are sweet and it seems like you could score a few long rangers with practice.

1 |

International Superstar Soccer DELUXE was unreal Hulk. Chipping the keeper was class.

2 |

Ronarid was some player in one of the old ones.

1 |

Very true muzka. The game still feels on rails a good bit.

It's hard to quantity what makes it better. The tussles for the ball and one on ones deffo feel great. Everything feels earned.

Struggling to pull off any skills at all though. Might be missing something basic as iI was never a PES player.

1 |

The wee shoulder tackles are very satisfying when you win the ball

0 |

Lol Hulk, I've had close to every pro since the original before Deluxe...got them for the wii and all

You can get a patch handy enough to update all the teams and strips handy enough.

1 |

For the WII??? Haha

0 |

Yeah, you can get all the old snes games for it lol

1 |

fuck I can't believe I got the name wrong ISS deluxxxxxxeeeee!
the chipping the keeper was so easy and there was a certain point about 35 yards out like running directly towards the outside line of either side of the box and you could always blast one in the opposite top corne-always unstoppable:)

I remember the one after that or maybe two Utah which was basically the same except slowed down a bit and thats when pro evos stall was set out, it was realistically paced and you had to pass the ball properly. Hooked from day one!

0 |

Serious? Class. I won a Wii in The Bot one night. They took my deats cos they had none out the back then before I left they came out and said they found one. Happy days. Off I went into the night with it under my arm. Next morning I got a call to come pick up my new Wii. Thought it was some kind of ploy but had to chance it. Ended up picking up my second free Wii in under 12 hours. Haha.

2 |

fucking yes! Obvs a hick from Tyrone or Armagh made that mistake-awww the bot:)

0 |

Used to be some achievement in ISS winning the world cup with a mate. Up to 4am, no chance going to 9am Uni, education going down the toilet, a life of call centers beckons, wee chipper to beat Brazil in the final in ISS.

Glorious days

3 |

Haha. Some spot back in the day for student birds mate. Wednesday nights. There was like half a Ra man working the door who I was somehow big mates with and he would let me in free.

0 |

Haha @ RP. Mario kart 64 was that game for me. We were jedis at that game.

0 |

only ever went in for the football when we lived up by the garage on malone tbh. I was always after the unwashed alternative birds of slimelight fame.

0 |

NBA jam is one of the 16 games on the bid i put in-now that was a proper 12 hours with no saving to beat.
On holidays me and my brother used to start a league in the morning, pause it for lunch, play till dinner, pause again then stay up all night playing it to beat it.
The fucking machine near burnt a hole in my bedroom carpet a few times.

1 |

The Slimer always had a dirtier brand of bird aye. In more ways than one. I mind they used to do bottles of tennants for a pound.

1 |

Haha. Class. Great game. Three pointers were so satisfying. Anyone ever play Super Soccer on SNES? The Nintendo Team were the final level.

1 |

Ah super soccer was a nightmare cause you'd score and own goal and it would cut to that 'oh no' pat on the back scene and rage would obviously ensue ha

2 |

haha yeah those tennants were a godsend when skint! barrack buster, ten lambert and £2 in, 3/4 bottles in there on top of 3 litres of shite cider and you had a night out for a tenner:-p

1 |

thats one of the games involved in this bid too haha
I remember that as well utah lol enraging stuff as a young teen!

1 |

Haha @ barrack buster, ten lambert and £2 in.

1 |

oh if you were feeling flush too always had two £1 cheeseburgers from BK on the way to soak up the fart flavoured cider.

0 |