Choose a discussion

The History Thread

In school I bloody hated history but I cant get enough of it now. This is class.

0 |

I love the alternative history lark, Graham Hancock n that, I bet he's closer to the truth than the official historians.

0 |

What's that mate, a podcast or something?

0 |

Downfall on BBC Four

0 |

Hancock is brilliant and that's some poster Molo. Must get a blown up version of that for the office.

1 |

they taught us the history of medicine in school for an entire season. about 2 weeks on the Third Reich pffff.

0 |

The Third Reich us fascinating I must say. Have you ever heard if Naujocks? Mentalist. He was being Operation Himmler or 'Canned Goods' as they called it.

0 |

the man who started the war. some claim.

0 |

never had to pay for a beer again

0 |

Haha.

0 |

ever heard of this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

it's relatively recent discovery is rewriting history. the 'cradle of society' is thought to be Sumer, 5,000 years ago, Göbekli Tepe may push that back to about 13,000 years ago. and it adds more weight to people like Graham Hancocks argument that the great sphinx is around the same age, not 4-5,000 years old as historians say. only 15% of Göbekli Tepe has been excavated, and they have found evidence of what may or may not be language carved in stone, they also say the sight was deliberately buried 10,000 years ago. so maybe hunter gatherers were more organised and intelligent than we realise.

i like the ancient mysterious stuff.

1 |

Have followed Graham Hancock's output for years, he makes the oxthodoxy uncomfortable. Which is always nice.

0 |

Interesting aLegend

0 |

Where do I find his stuff?

0 |

good podcast series: itunes.apple.com/gb/po...

1 |

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

I had no idea

0 |

I was the same molo hated it in school and lap it up now buying books on it left right and center, love the crusades, Christians where right bastards back then and after seeing the pyramids and Valley of the Kings I'm all over ancient Egypt

1 |

Earnán de Blaghd (Ernest Blythe) tells Brian Farrell of the influences that resulted in a northern Protestant becoming a nationalist. www.rte.ie/archives/ex...

0 |

Geli Raubal. Think she spurned his advances and he had her killed

0 |

Oskar Dirlewanger, a real bad bastard

en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...

0 |

bit of a naughty boy

0 |

eintercept.com/2017/10...

Curry’s film, watchable above, is just six minutes long, and is a tiny masterpiece. It should be taught in history and filmmaking courses, as well as in classes about human psychology.

On its surface, it’s simply about a rally held by the German-American Bund in February 1939 at the old Madison Square Garden at Eighth Avenue and 50th Street in Manhattan.

0 |

0 |

0 |

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/res...

0 |

COMMENTARY
100 Years of Communism—and 100 Million Dead

The Bolshevik plague that began in Russia was the greatest catastrophe in human history.

www.wsj.com/amp/articl...

0 |