Choose a discussion

Science Fiction (Scifi / Sci fi /Sci-fi)

Know there's a good few sci-fi fans on here, so starting this thread for all things scifi. Books, audiobooks, films, TV, whatever.

Will start off with this...

First Trailer For Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End TV Miniseries - io9.com/first-trailer-...

I haven't read the book, but it gets rave reviews - www.amazon.co.uk/Child...

Just downloaded the audiobook there for the car. There seems to be a full cast version available. Can provide links, if anyone is interested.

0 |

Hulk did have a point about westworld... they should have kept the idea that they were robots under wraps for the first season... maybe a big reveal at the end... blow a few minds

1 |

are you being serious?

0 |

I really really wished they had cut a better trailer for Valarian, hopefully some of the more ropey looking effects shots have another pass or two to go..

0 |

Of course takki, as serious as ever... could you imagine people spending the whole season wondering why these strange people kept coming back to life

0 |

lol ah right. We are due another TV show where we spend the whole show wondering if such and such is a robot *cough*BSG*cough*

0 |

were long overdue another SG1, i fucking loved that show and its spin'offs

0 |

1 |

imgur.com/g5frYRw

0 |

0 |

Great deal/present for any Sci-fi fans...

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series Blu-ray £18.08
www.hotukdeals.com/dea...

0 |

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

1 |

completely underwhelmed by that teaser, shoulda opened with a brand new awesome cgi city flyover instead of that shite

0 |

That was plenty good for me......mate is art director ......says its a good one!

0 |

New Alien trailer

0 |

Looks class.

0 |

Srsly excited about this, it has to be better than Prometheus please God.

0 |

This looks pretty cool - www.kickstarter.com/pr...

0 |

"Epoch is an experimental film intended to take you on a voyage through our solar system and beyond. It is a personal project orchestrated to share our enjoyment and admiration for science fiction films and literature.
To optimize your viewing experience, Epoch is best experienced with a full screen, no artificial light intrusion, ample sound speakers, and an open mind free of predictions or expectations in order to allow the film to guide you on its expedition and take you to another place entirely. Enjoy the journey. See you on the other side."

0 |

does it end in contemporary dance?

0 |

"To optimize your viewing experience, Epoch is best experienced with a full screen, no artificial light intrusion, ample sound speakers, and an open mind free of predictions or expectations in order to allow the film to guide you on its expedition and take you to another place entirely, you hipster fucking twat!"

0 |

This looks like it could be a decent show...

The Discovery | Teaser Trailer

One year after the existence of the afterlife is scientifically verified, millions around the world have ended their own lives in order to “get there”. A man and woman fall in love while coming to terms with their own tragic pasts and the true nature of the afterlife.

1 |

I'm about 5 episodes into The Expanse. Had to grit my teeth with some cheesy lines - a pilot when flying an unfamiliar ship "be gentle with me, it's my first time"

Apart from that I'm quite enjoying it, there's been a decent amount of action and stuff blowing up, RJ. Production value's pretty high too.

0 |

Just watched the first two episodes of season 2 of The Expanse. Great start.

0 |

On the second book of the expanse. It's fantastic.

0 |

Season 2 of The Expanse is amazing. Holy shit.

0 |

Must check out this expanse, have no regular sci-fi show being watched at the mo or in a long time tbh

0 |

The Expanse and Legion are great at the mo. Westworld also.

0 |

Loved Westworld must get on that expanse

0 |

Just finished The Expanse series 1.....bar a few daft script bits and one or two dodgy scenes I love it.

Westworld was excellent but I was disappointed that it's going to run to a second series.....they should have just wrapped it all up......sinister as fuck in some parts.

0 |

I just thought Season 1 of The Expanse was OK. It was clear it was setting the scene for something bigger, but I found it a bit of a drag occasionally. Season 2 takes it up about 10 gears.

0 |

Sci-fi at its best, imo

0 |

I've seen a couple of episodes of SE02 and would agree takki.....waiting till it finishes and will prolly do a marathon ....space opera for sure.

0 |

Season 2 would be some watch back-to-back!

0 |

Really zygote? So many places Westworld can go, so many questions unanswered, I think they've planned for about 5seasons

0 |

Maybe in season 2 they can actually tell a story

0 |

Yeah cause fuck knows the one thing S1 was lacking was a story...

0 |

I get the lead out lines for future Westworld series but I just think it should have been short and sweet....finite...I would hate it to do a 'Lost' as that was unmitigated shite

0 |

Quite enjoyed Expanse S1... was good to see it all coming together for the second season... which is a defionite step up.

I liked the way westworld slowly built up the around the characters.. They were always going to get a second season so they could take their time about it

0 |

"When communications go offline at a remote nuclear power plant isolated in the desert, a young safety inspector, Abby Dixon, is forced to fly out to bring them back online. Once inside the facility, mysterious clues and strange behavior cause Abby to have doubts about the sanity and, perhaps, identities of the two employees onsite."

0 |

Just started into this Expanse and realised it's based on a bloody book I've recently started reading lol wonder how many episodes I'm in on the book ffs

0 |

This new show is getting pretty good reviews

Oasis
imdb.com/rg/an_share/t...

0 |

You weren't half right about the 2nd season of the Expanse it's just flying along taking no prisoners compared to the 1st season

0 |

Have you started watching Legion yet, RJ?

0 |

Nah when i finish expanse I'll give it a go but it better not be the usual marvel superhero crime fighting shite can't be arsed with that

0 |

Nah, it's actually really well done the way they've created it. Def not like anything before.

0 |

This is a great wee animated short

0 |

The Osiris Child: Science Fiction Volume One

Set in the future in a time of interplanetary colonisation, Sy (Kellan Lutz), a mysterious drifter, meets Kane (Daniel MacPherson), a lieutenant working for an off-world military contractor, EXOR.

The unlikely pair must work together to rescue Kane’s young daughter (Teagan Croft) and reach safety amid an impending global crisis which was brought on by EXOR itself. Teaming up with a pair of renegades (Luke Ford and Isabel Lucas), Kane and Sy clash with EXOR in an attempt to escape while battling the savage creatures that roam the barren planet.

Also starring Rachel Griffiths and Temuera Morrison, THE OSIRIS CHILD: SCIENCE FICTION VOLUME ONE is an adrenaline-fueled sci fi adventure.

0 |

Legion is as far away as possible fom the usual anything as can be

0 |

Anyone been watching Fortitude?

arstechnica.co.uk/gami...

0 |