Choose a discussion

Science Fiction (Scifi / Sci fi /Sci-fi)

Know there's a good few sci-fi fans on here, so starting this thread for all things scifi. Books, audiobooks, films, TV, whatever.

Will start off with this...

First Trailer For Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End TV Miniseries - io9.com/first-trailer-...

I haven't read the book, but it gets rave reviews - www.amazon.co.uk/Child...

Just downloaded the audiobook there for the car. There seems to be a full cast version available. Can provide links, if anyone is interested.

0 |

“Mars,” from Ron Howard and Brian Grazer’s Imagine Entertainment and RadicalMedia, is the centerpiece of Nat Geo’s new effort to field selected heavyweight scripted series. The series promises to blend documentary, CG and narrative material into a sweeping saga of exploration and discovery that is set in the future and the present day.

variety.com/2016/tv/ne...

0 |

aliens being shown in t13 in sept :) belfastfilmfestival.or...

0 |

nice one chap, thats 4tickets booked

0 |

lastexittonowhere will have a run on tshirts this wk no doubt

0 |

easily my most anticipated upcoming scifi flick..

Comic-Con 2016: Luc Besson Revealed the First ‘Valerian’ Footage and It’s Stunning Sci-Fi

This pretty much sealed the deal seeing as The Fifth Element is nothing short of perfect.. "It was all impressive, even with the temp effects, and it all felt like an expanded, extreme sibling to The Fifth Element" collider.com/comic-con...

0 |

Would have been up for that Aliens night, but I'll be in London, post Bjork gig. Ah well, a worthy reason for missing it.

0 |

Where's the Valerian footage ffs?

0 |

id rather wait for the trailer, cellphone recorded show reels from comic con are shite tbf, but the fact that Luc Besson is making a $180mil sci fi movie is fucking incredible news

0 |

www.popsci.com/watch-t...

0 |

Aliens ranks as one of the worst movies I've seen...why would they not show Alien....:(

0 |

Oh BTW....Matey is working on Bladerunner 2 in Budapest at the mo......says it's pretty gritty, dark and violent......sounds good to me.

0 |

One of the worst films you've ever seen, really?

0 |

Yep sorry Babou.....I thought it was absolutely awful I'm afraid.....like a bad gung ho comedy 'America Fuck Yea' show....it just didn't grab me the way the first one did.

0 |

But, Aliens!

0 |

LOL...I know.....'It's Aliens' .......but it was unforgivable crap as were any subsequent sequels.

0 |

Game over man, game over.

0 |

Fuck Yea!...oh and I kinda fell out with Sigourney after she lowered her standards and did the sequels......silly girl

0 |

look like they are set to ignore 3 & Resurrection for the new Alien movie...

0 |

Alien is one of the best horror movie made.
Aliens is one of the best action movies ever made.

I HAVE SPOKEN!!!

1 |

You haven't spoken....you typed...and typed badly at that. NBJW. Alien was one of the best Sci Fi movies ever made (movies ffs).....Aliens was predictable irrelevant garbage. I have typed!

0 |

has zygote had a brain fart?

1 |

i've watched aliens 3 times in the past two weeks, still not sick of it.

0 |

QFT are showing an Aliens special in Oct i think, 4 of us going and they have some crew in to set dress the cinema in the style of Aliens and one of my mates whose going is big into his Emerald Garrison cosplaying so there'll be a load of colonial marines at it as well, definitely a top 10 flick and its been a year or two since i saw it so looking forward to seeing on the big screen

0 |

aye seen that yesterday ,its down at T13, would be ruddy brilliant i reckon!

0 |

you not going kid?

0 |

if i get a ticket then totes, they are showing the wicker man up at giants ring the week before, would like to get to that as well

0 |

i have never seen the original... keep meaning to get on that

0 |

class show! the equalizer is in it whats not to like

0 |

See now you've redeemed yerself ....'The WWicker Man!' Iconic movie ....all is right with the world and we can be friends again. <3

0 |

yeah but how could she possibly be friends with someone who not only dislikes Aliens but actually thinks it was predictable irrelevant garbage

1 |

We all have our little flaws RJ

0 |

lolz good point there rj!!

0 |

i mean waaa... Predictable!?!? it kept you on the edge of your seat throughout ffs.. Irrelevant!??! its one of the most quoted flicks ever... Garbage!!!!!! you sir deserve ISIS punishment

0 |

to me james bond movies are garbage, mainly cos theres not enough ALIENS in them

1 |

tbf Aliens needs more Dredd in the next one

0 |

and predator.

0 |

i need to see this on the big screen viewcomic.com/predator...

0 |

Oh come on....It was completely formulaic....but hey thats what makes life so rich...we can all have completely different views on things. I hated it...no biggie....move on. As for being one of the most quoted movies ever....are you sure? It's not even in the top 100! Or perhaps you mean most quoted amongst a particular subset of quirky fans ;)

1 |

dammit zygote i went looking on numerous top 100 movie quote sites and by fuck your right... about the quoting, YOUR STILL WRONG ABOUT THE MOVIE so there

0 |

I'm sure you mean you're lad.....are you Jamie Bryson perchance?

0 |

Don’t go all grammatamatorical on me ffs, I’m typing this in work in short blasts so as not to be caught, if I wanted to properly articulate my thoughts in a manner befitting an essay id take the time but frankly dear I can’t be arsed

0 |

I'm sure you mean "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" .....to be in keeping with the quote rhetoric ....no?

0 |

one assumed you would've gotten the reference without the need to quote it word for word

0 |

give over the pair of yiz ffs

0 |

I'm sure you mean 'One' and yes I did though I was just being sure you did. Never assume man....

0 |

Morning Babou :)

1 |

ach hiya!

0 |

have you seen neon demon zygote?

0 |

Not yet though I was hoping to get a look soon.....good?

0 |

when i was watchin it in the cinema I didnt know if I loved it or hated it but now I think I love it, its ridiculous but it looks amazing, keanu reeves is in it bein hammy as frig haha

0 |