Choose a discussion

Science Fiction (Scifi / Sci fi /Sci-fi)

Know there's a good few sci-fi fans on here, so starting this thread for all things scifi. Books, audiobooks, films, TV, whatever.

Will start off with this...

First Trailer For Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End TV Miniseries - io9.com/first-trailer-...

I haven't read the book, but it gets rave reviews - www.amazon.co.uk/Child...

Just downloaded the audiobook there for the car. There seems to be a full cast version available. Can provide links, if anyone is interested.

0 |

Dammit cant read as I really want nothing spoiled of this awesome looking flick

0 |

motherboard.vice.com/b...

0 |

io9.com/read-skullpock...

0 |

whatculture.com/film/2...

0 |

New Star Trek??

io9.com/holy-crap-they...

0 |

More details here - www.startrek.com/artic...

0 |

great news, been sorely lacking a decent space based scifi show to watch.. please bring back stargate next

0 |

Deserves it's own thread tbh, although Alex Kurtzman has me worried. He's a strong exec producer where TV is concerned (Fringe was great, for example), but the movies he's been involved with are shite.

0 |

They're doing a new DS9 and voyager spinoff!? This will be mediocre!

0 |

0 |

This is pretty cool, even if there are a couple of errors...

Starships/spaceship size comparison

1 |

More info on the new show 'The Expanse' which seems to be getting good reports on.

THE EXPANSE IS THE NEW BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

www.wired.com/2015/12/...

1 |

"The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov in comic format...

imgur.com/gallery/9KWrH

1 |

Anyone catch the first episode of Childhood's End last night? Forgot it was on.

0 |

Shit, no, forgot about it too! Might get'er watched tonight. Yus!

0 |

Was all excited going home last night to get a watch at Childhood's End, but stupidly I was searching for 'Children's End' and wasn't getting any results. At least now I can go home and watch the first 2 episodes back to back tonight, then get the finale tomorrow.

0 |

Is it available On Demand?

0 |

Not sure. I'm just gonna see if it's on Genesis on Kodi, and if not, just grab it via torrents.

Just had a gander on IMDB for reviews and they seem to be mostly pretty great.

0 |

Did anyone watch 'Humans'? www.channel4.com/progr...

0 |

Watched the first 2 episodes of Childhood's End last night. Really enjoyed it. I really like how they've adapted the original story to work better with 'today's' world. It's really well done. One thing which I'm interested to know is what folks new to the story think of the show. I'm not sure how someone who doesn't already know the story will take some of it. I can't really say too much without spoiling anything, so will leave it at that, but hopefully someone on here who new to it can say what they think.

0 |

imgur.com/a/PbRl1

1 |

0 |

THE TOP SCI-FI WEAPONS IN THE UNIVERSE

(infographic)

www.fatwallet.com/blog...

0 |

Anyone been watching The Expanse?

0 |

Not good reviews for the TV adaptation of Lucifer, sadly. Will still give it a go.

0 |

The pilot for lucifer was poor

0 |

Enjoying Expanse. Good premise. Didn't realise it was based on a book series.

0 |

0 |

sci-non-fi

ublic.media.smithsonia...

0 |

Finally watched edge of tomorrow, great sci fi.

0 |

Really good show. Don't normally like Cruise but he's great in this. From weasley coward to badass hero in fuck know how many death loops

1 |

I don't mind wee cruiser as an actor, he certainly loves his oul sci fi. Keep meaning to watch minority report again, really liked it

0 |

I think Cruise is probably a weirdo in real life, but he mostly picks damned good movies to be in.

1 |

I loathe the cunt, but do tend to enjoy his movies.
I thought Edge Of Tomorrow was class. They managed do a time loop movie without it being ridiculously repetitive. Good effects, likeable characters, great alien design. Damn good movie.

0 |

Oblivion was great too.

0 |

Wasn't so found of Oblivion as I felt it ripped off another movie that I really liked.

0 |

What movie?

0 |

I don't wanna say, as it'll essentially spoil it for anyone that's not seen it.

0 |

Peter Capaldi accuses BBC of neglecting hit show www.theguardian.com/tv...

0 |

imgur.com/gallery/2TJsR

0 |

^^^swoons :)

0 |

Sci fap!

0 |

Star Trek Beyond Trailer #2 (2016)

Star Trek Television Logo and First Look Teaser Revealed

0 |

saw that "Ex Machina" the other night, it felt like a 2000ad Tharg's future shock on the big screen, decent enough wee show..

0 |

Agreed on a lovely wee show

0 |

New Wayward Pines is out on Thursday, for anyone interested.

0 |

im so there for thon new trek movie, looks fecking class

0 |

oh mummy

1 |

Class. When's it start?

Anyone been watching the 2nd season of Wayward Pines?

0 |

No date set yet, supposidly its this autumn. im onboard with ed harris :)

0 |