Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

supertaig has arrived

1 |

www.belfasttelegraph.c...

RIP

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-... some squad at that vigil

Whatever these eejits were trying to achieve has backfired

0 |

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

The drama

0 |

Seems to be more to it than meets the eye some bloke on facebook almost making himself a suspect saying 6 drunk sinners including your man kevin were round his house and broke his sons nose!

Anyway some terrible publicity for the city of late still far to many hallions running about, was a bomb scare also last night dunno if it was a distraction or something as it was around 3am and the taxi man we got had to drop us at spencer road as he got the call to get his kids and wife out of the house!

0 |

Aye a few of the dissys were outside Kevin's house after it happened, one of them threatened that 'a lot more was coming'

So a few shinners went around to your man's house and offered them on

Now I dunno about you, but if somebody burnt my car in the middle of the night and then threatened that there was worse to come.. I'd be pretty angry and want to go after them myself

0 |

Comes with territory I suppose, cant understand why an ex major would live in such a dump anyway lol

0 |

Wow.

0 |

are you refering to Creggan as a dump?

0 |

Yes, yes he is.

0 |

Paints himself as mr progressive politics, yaps on about moving this place forward, not being stuck in the past etc etc

Then sniggers at a man who has been quite publicly trying to move this place forward with his actions and support for the psni amongst other things, in the face of a clear dissident threat

Seems to have a thing for calling every nationalist area a shithole or a dump into the bargain

0 |

Foyle Springs in nationalist and isn't a dump load of nice nationalist areas in derry, but come on even a blind man would no how dire it is up there and there isn't much from keeping people there esp a major. The smart thing to do if u get your car burnt out is to obviously move out of there not to go round confronting these gangsters are ye mad asking for bother.

0 |

Clooney and Bonds Street are dumps and are loyalist you wouldn't get me living in any of those areas. One sided segregated places social housing or not that's were this place needs to change and never will. Good to see so many private housing developments in waterside may actually get more people living together and move things into a more normal society.

0 |

Flags going up around the Northland Road I noticed last week. Flags to me puts me right off any area. Pure territorial shite.

Never was that way when I grew up around there. Foyle Springs is still sound though, never much trouble.

Wasn't keen on those new houses in the Waterside when I was looking for a place last year. Just a massive estate with very little else. They should build communities not just houses.

Ended up buying outside the city, nothing really appealed

0 |

I did the same RP better value and at least people don't give a fuck what you are but unfortunately there isn't enough of that around the city, I even considered moving to Limavady or Eglinton.

0 |

Have you ever even put a foot in Creggan?

0 |

Aye used to play football in it every week for about 3 years bleak isn't the word.

0 |

This isn't about weather your a Republican or Loyalist or whatever these segregated territorial places are a scare on this place weather it Tullyalley or Newbuildings, Creggan or Bogside.

0 |

He should move out because these rats burnt his car.

Do you hear yourself? Lol

0 |

Dreamland

0 |

Safety of your family first so your telling me these boys aren't a danger fair enough don't believe it low! That Paddy Kielty doc recently hit home how abnormal society still is he.

0 |

Welcome the vigil and a community not standing for it but if your a political representative best to leave it to the cops that has to be dodgy ground there trying to take them on.

0 |

They have to be took on though, people have to take a stand and that's what they're starting to do. The cops can only have so much of an affect

It's the ordinary people within the community that can have the biggest impact on these groups

0 |

Especially in Creggan. The boyos running about don't want to answer to anyone never mind the police.

Creggan is grim no doubt about it

0 |

Just what we need to drag politics here into the modern world
www.belfasttelegraph.c...

0 |

Imagine sitting around a dinner table with Faragey, Sammy, Paisley Jnr, Girvan.

You'd be boking up the first course before ye had even ordered it.

0 |

I can't imagine there's a chance a lot of those DUP lads would actually enjoy Farage's company.

0 |

Cunts the latta them

0 |

See a load of progressive types on the Left have taken to calling people slurs based upon the colour of their skin.

Search Emma Little-P and "gammon".

0 |

Gammon is a perfect description.

0 |

but, i distinctly remember lots of occasions when people give up stink (rightly) at mostly men on social media who were commenting on female politicians based on what way they looked.
but now are making light of it because it's against white men.
I'm thinking sinn fein type Republicans mostly. Squinter/LAD etc

either there is respect and tolerance across the board or it's open season. which one is it?

0 |

Open season...Israel just kicked off WWIII

0 |