Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Up in West Belfast today.. Who's this Gerry Carroll character. He's in here takin r seatz?

0 |

Think he's taking a seat.

lol @ SDLP earlier on Nolan. was brutal. they are finished

0 |

I like this new Gerry on the block

0 |

SDLP still have plenty of support in Derry.. the Hume diehards, the dissidents, the unionists - votes from every nook and cranny

Why are there tricolours hanging out of every 2nd house in the Falls, is this a new thing?

0 |

Flegs

0 |

1 |

flegs outside st georges market today as well.

had alliance at the door last night, the guy never stopped talking about how he was a Paisleyite and how they are 'good people' but use the lower classes for political ends. confusing indeed.

0 |

Centenary of the revolution sham, 1916.

0 |

Alliance are fucking ballons. they remind a lot of the people you'd ever meet after shine at parties without the hatred to vote DUP, but without the foresight or balls to vote for a Republican Party.

0 |

literally the middle ground that stand for nothing and fall for everything. #Alliance

0 |

no wait that's SDLP isn't it.

0 |

if i was a hun who has experience taking drugs i'd vote UUP. hard not to respect what Nesbitt is doing with them, they are on the same middle ground as Alliance only they say proudly the Union is a good thing.
Alliance party is for retards, am sorry.

1 |

I think we all should kill anyone who votes Alliance.

2 |

but I'm not a hun.

0 |

lol

agree with everything

0 |

only problem i have with Nesbitt is fucking wishywashy responses to direct questions on Gay Marriage and Abortion on a radio chatshow.. all the spineless cunt could come off with "i'm on a journey and on a path and we'll see where it leads but im ruling nothing out"... oh fuck off with your politicians answer at a critical election stage and just say "gays have the right to marry and our abortion laws are a fucking joke and all the cunts that have a problem with that can fuck off and vote DUP"

0 |

Tbf rj, he's done well because he has appealed to younger more modern unionists while keeping the more conservative older gen votes too. That sort of wishy-washy stance is probably the best he can do

0 |

Sad you still have blinkered gimps that only see this country as Huns and taigs. Part of the problem

0 |

I can understand why he came off all wishy washy, needs all the votes he can get and better to capture those disenfranchised DUP fuckwits with a non-answer than scare them back to the DUP with talks of gay rights.. Hopefully the UUP do well and the DUP sink like the rotten rat infested ship they are

0 |

I was debating voting alliance this year but sparcy has cemented my decision to give them my first choice vote. It's a no brainier. This country sadly has those who need people to pin their colours to a side so they know who to hate. Trying to have a balanced opinion is beyond their mental capability, they need to feel part of a side. It obviously annoys him, even more than voting DUP probably so even if my vote makes no difference I can be happy it annoys the bitters and I'll be chilling on the fence

votealliance

0 |

i like those kind of balanced, leaving-all-options-on-the-table type answers from Nesbitt. They aren't (featus) fatalist like SF and leave room for nature debate on sensitive issues. I'm voting UUP.

0 |

Nesbitt, you've got my vote.

0 |

O no, it seems I've upset an Alliance voter.

0 |

You could never upset me :)
I'd have to take anything you say seriously first. I just gave you a response to egg you on a bit as I enjoy the rants.

0 |

Alliance are a partitionist party. That's taking a side too.

0 |

Muzka, the constitutional issue is still the biggest factor when people vote. That's not gonna change

Heard a story at the weekend Martin Mcguiness was canvassing in rural Waterside and an old ex UDR man said he'll vote for him because he was the first politician to knock at his door in 25 years

You can bet SF will have a car there to pick him up on the morning of the election

1 |

lol

0 |

The reason I think it's worth giving Alliance my vote is that they're probably the only other party that has the possibility of being a real alternative and hopefully giving the main orange/green party's a competitor, who wins it's voters by its views, rather than by winning them by false promises (SF) and fear mongering (DUP).

Also, voting for SF is like giving a half vote to DUP, and vice versa, IMO. They both need each other as much as possibly to stay at the top. They know that if people start voting outside of their bubbles, they'll start having a political landscape which means there's a very good chance of us moving towards a real, functioning democracy were parties can be held responsible for shite results, and other parties can be a real opposition, which would mean NI might start developing as fast as it should be. Until then, all we'll have is SF/DUP doing the same things, over and over. So aye, for me it's Alliance, Greens, then, as yet, I'm undecided.

0 |

without the green stuff the shinners are paper would tick more boxes for me than any other party based on them who to vote polls.

don't know who to vote this time but young campbell is getting my first vote. Seen that other workers party kat up north has a big poster up, she'd get it too

1 |

May give the workers party a vote this time. Was going to give pbp my third choice but don't think they are an option

0 |

I like Sophie Long of the PUP. She'd get mine.

0 |

my vote*

0 |

Handed a flyer back to the local UU representative, told him who I was voting for and why, and he still, laughing, asked me when I was putting as second preference. I just laughed too, and closed the door.

0 |

Can't mind his name, some white guy with a ruddy complexion.

0 |

Sean Burns looks like he works in a hospital so I might vote for him.

0 |

What party is that? Sounds a bit fenian.

0 |

You've told him rubick you may tell the rest of us who you're voting. no secrets in here.

i'm giving half my vote to the DUP and the other half to SF

0 |

Oh gracious me, no. I don't like to deprive anyone of a bit of social profiling. Plus I've heard it's a secret ballout.

0 |

Balls right out

0 |

* Ballout

0 |

Why you giving dup the vote? tactical?

0 |

A vote for SF is a vote for DUP, baz.
according to takki anyway

0 |

lol

0 |

Keep up Barry ;)

0 |

lol wee Muzak still got it - media.licdn.com/mpr/mp...

1 |

what is the UUP stance on the continuing illegality of skunk cannabis to save the mental health of our beloved youth?

0 |

I am voting for anybody who can tell me what negative interest rates could mean for us.

Any politician who can't is trying to con you into thinking they have an economic policy.

0 |

I've decided on who im voting for on the morning of the election, but I'm open to influence as to who to give my evening vote to. Anyone care enough to recommend a party? No more than 3 sentences please.

0 |

The greens have really fucked up in foyle. They have openly opposed the A5 and A6 upgrades and are working with AAA. Shite storm on twitter and facebook about it with Agnew on their defending the stance. He's probably lost their candidate their deposit in foyle over it tbh. Means I'll more than likely be voting SF tbh.

0 |

You're voting for DUP?

0 |