Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

1 |

Prison Officer didn't make it:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

This shouldn't be in a politics thread.

0 |

I did think that.

But politicians will have much to say on it

0 |

I don't mean your post shouldn't be in here per se, but that a man should not be killed for a political dispute over prison conditions.

0 |

m.belfasttelegraph.co....

0 |

0 |

NI has disappeared right up its own ass

0 |

0 |

had the pleasure of telling the DUP's Nigel Dodds who called at my door last night asking would i be interested in his parties policies and voiting for DUP.. to "fuck off and it would be a cold day in hell before i vote for a bunch of religous fuckwits" he had a genuine look of shock and before he could open his mouth i said "i've the news on, cyeeee" and closed the door

1 |

You're man, RJ. You sure showed him.

1 |

Cool story shat

0 |

showed him before the smart cunt could verbally pummel me into the ground hence the door shutting

1 |

Hes alright for a yarn in person, i do seem to recall some bad stuff previously though.

0 |

0 |

www.facebook.com/BELFA...

0 |

Listening to the NI leader for UKIP on the Nolan Show.
Pretty sure he was actually high.
Either that or just amazingly stupid.

0 |

he's a balloon

0 |

McNarry, aye? He's a bigoted oul fool

1 |

0 |

Did anyone watch thon debate?

0 |

Link to program but it isn't up yet www.bbc.co.uk/programm...

0 |

Is it worth a watch?

1 |

I watched it. A lot of really innocent comments by the audience I found. Especially around economy.

But was good to see the marriage equality issue so high on their agendas for the election. Really puts the DUP in a bad light that. Naoimi Longs response on the idea that marriage is sacred as it is about or creation was excellent. She talked about being married 20 years and having no kids, asking if that was an issue with the religious nuts.

Though the politicians are almost impossible to listen too in the main. So many words with very little actually being said. When they are asked about jobs, listen carefully to hear if you can identify any actual actions they will take as MLAs to improve the economy. It's nothing more than "Our party supports a better economy, with more jobs and better jobs" blah blah blah

1 |

Radio this morning: Allisnce want to introduce water charges and increase rates, but no household will pay any more than they are now.

How does that work?

0 |

Most likely the rates that you pay now are broken down into specific payments where as now it's a general pot. Possibly the percentage of the rates you pay for those utilities is increased.

0 |

0 |

The problem at the minute is that due to the executive and the fact they all have to 'negotiate' anything and everything, none of the parties are actually saying anything about what they will do/provide/push for as they "don't want to lay their cards on the table before the talks" (have heard that so many times over the last month or two). They've all said the exact same. It's a blinding example of why the current set up of government is so poor at actually achieving anything.

0 |

...and the 'talks' aren't until after the election (highly conveniently for the two main parties), so what have the voters actually got to go on? F.A. squared, pretty much.

0 |

Yeah, Nolan can't seem to grasp that. You can't make promises, you can only say what you'll fight for.

0 |

Nolan and his 'red lines'.

0 |

The reunification of our country. Yeooo

1 |

i'm voting whomever gives teh gheys the god given right to be miserable

0 |

state of Nolan today.

don't think he likes the green party, must think it's something to do with vegatables the mess.

embarrassing here his carry on

0 |

Saying what baz?

0 |

Ross is an ex-Shine board user.

0 |

A lot of people say they like Ross but won't be voting for the Greens. Gotta keep themuns out no matter what

0 |

riping into them about the past and victims like it's honestly a massive topic for the green party. will ripping because he wouldn't say if someone who got there arm blew off was entitled to money. was embarrassing him going on and on about it like it's the big topic with most people.

then ripping about abortion. again topics I don't think anybody really thinking too much of in real life

0 |

What name did he post under Takki?

0 |

Can't remember now. Met him once IRL, seemed like a nice guy.

0 |

Obama urges next generation of Northern Ireland leaders to forge "new identity" and to decide the "country as a whole is more important than any paticular faction or any particular flag" www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

after with him. the 32 county country is more important than anything. he's spot on.

0 |

He was ill-advised if he thought saying "country as a whole" was wise

0 |

I'm with him on new identity. Republican or British, shite options. I need a new one

0 |

Chances of that happening are zero. The SDLP are probably the only ones interested in anything approaching what Obama is on about. He has clearly no idea what he is talking about, is spouting platitudes and obviously mistaken our politicians for the more progressive open minded suits you might get on the continent perhaps

0 |

Kinda sad to see how young the TUV and UKIP candidates for east derry.

0 |

ObamaIRA

0 |

No new one required Nik. Just Irish surely?

0 |

Northern Ireland’s elections: the thousands of votes that don’t count www.thedetail.tv/artic...

0 |

Stormont fails to deliver nearly half of its Government commitments

www.thedetail.tv/artic...

0 |