Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

i was down in Dublin the other week checking out fecking wedding venues of all shite and the first thing that springs to mind walking around Dublin compared to Belfast is Dublin is very much like a proper European capital city whereas Belfast is like a large town

0 |

Some fucking moonbeam is on talkback here saying hes a Catholic who votes DUP because of their stand on gay marriage lol. What the fuck is the world coming to these days :)

0 |

Bitter? Lol

0 |

Hilarious stuff this

0 |

His hatred for gays must outshine his hatred of huns

0 |

Bet those wedding venues weren't cheap low! Least you don't get ripped off in Belfast, last time I was down there the amount of beggars on the street was serious place has taken over from Glasgow as junkie capital.

0 |

Dublin is a shithole tho.

Robbing hole.

0 |

ack i like dublin tbf and we got a real nice small venue to get married in, none of that proper wedding bollocks no best man, no speeches, no after dinner dance shite just immediate family, slap up meal.. few words from some cunt to make it official and then hit the booze..

0 |

Fairytale wedding :)

0 |

as far from a fairytale wedding as i can make it lad

0 |

Sounds like my dream atheist wedding that!

0 |

The modern man's fairytale though

0 |

I would be a no speeches type man. Think they are load of balls

0 |

its a decent wee place tbh www.theclifftownhouse.... hired the whole place out including all 9 of the bedrooms, right on St Stephens Green and you get the run of the whole upstairs so the kids can run around safely without leaving the 2 rooms.. everything all in including meals & rooms for 20peeps 5K.. result

0 |

i love dublin craic is guaranteed to be 99.9 without fail. Pants down on arrival spends wise but sure where isn't.

0 |

Tbf I've never had a bad night out in it either but I picture it to.be a shithole to live in

0 |

Great place to live if you have money. Shite place to be poor

0 |

Good cheap skag tho

1 |

I love Dublin, perfect size of a city for me, tonnes going on, superb music scene, restaurants are amazing, and you can cycle for 30 minutes and be in the mountains or at the seaside or whatever.

0 |

I don't think Dublin is that expensive for a night out when you live in the north. Rent is steep as fuck.

0 |

0 |

Go on Alliance!

0 |

UDA: "Shove your peace process" www.irishnews.com/news...

0 |

0 |

www.belfasttelegraph.c...

0 |

0 |

From the comments...

Gerry Leddy • 2 hours ago
they could have bought used Rolls Royce that will appreciate in value, but that would be sensible decision

0 |

hahaha
Oul Gerry Leddy.

0 |

ebrokenelbow.files.wor...

1 |

Deal being done today, apparently. I wonder what the years of delaying will have got us all (apart from the fines).

0 |

Breaking News: Governments and parties agree deal

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

A deal has been reached between the British and Irish governments and the Northern Ireland parties to resolve the current political crisis.

After 10 weeks of talks, the parties have agreed a way forward on paramilitarism and welfare reform.

However, they failed to break the deadlock over legacy issues arising from Northern Ireland's Troubles.

The agreement - A Fresh Start: The Stormont Agreement and Implementation Plan - runs to 67 pages.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

0 |

12.5% corporation tax is a score. Scotland will be moaning like fuck now.

0 |

Corporation tax at 12.5% will be huge.

0 |

We'll pay for it elsewhere no doubt

0 |

Aye....more cuts for business that will be met by cuts to welfare. ...

No doubt the Corp tax rate will result in nowt more than a new influx of invest ni sponsored mcjobs

1 |

how about (a) not getting sick, or (b) getting a job?
a person can save up their dole money if they can get off the drugs long enough and get a HGV license and take home at least £600 a week. company I'm working for atm can't get enough drivers.

1 |

if we're going to defeat isis we're going to have to stop caring about 'the most vulnerable amongst us', too.
wish it wasn't so. but it is.
and they aren't really that vulnerable. many st benefit heads i know are in the bar more nights than me.

0 |

or on drugs.

0 |

i thought this is was the isis thread, sorry.

0 |

www.belfasttelegraph.c...

0 |

there's a bus in the background there. how does he look that stern getting off a tourist bus? #falseflag

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

Its alright, SS. soon all the theads will be Isil threads... one short step away from making them all syria ones

0 |

www.gofundme.com/Arcad...

0 |

0 |

6 |

lol thats class. I've asked the girl who wrote the article for a link to it. I need to see this.

1 |

That is incredible.

1 |

gotta be some AAA class trollin

0 |