Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Working with some from a different background does not count more efforts need to be made and that isn't just down to politicians. This place has a problem when it comes to people liking to remain in there little clicks/areas, have a mate who returned back from Canada after 6 years who is neither religion and he basically said this place is near impossible find new friends even a decent girlfriend as a lot of people just aren't open enough its certainly a problem derry has with out siders you will find, maybe not Belfast as much but they do keep within there divide a lot too.

0 |

BartolomeDeLaCasas • 9 minutes ago

I see, some of your best friends are catholic.
How many of them want to see you and your unionist chums exiled in the event of a UI?

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek, of course the majority would not want to see that but a lot of unionist would probably leave of their own accord it wouldn't be some form of exile!

0 |

dufunk and even muzka it seems share this notion that if you come from a republican /nationalist background and are in favour of a UI, you're either A: bitter/sectarian or B: stuck in the past.

0 |

Or more like we should try and make what we already have work. I don't see how the UI debates helps our current situation.

0 |

Weird you think that Muzak as I myself would be in favour of a ui if it was presented in a viable way.

I do think there are many bitter prods and taigs that want a UI or remain part of the union for no other reason than being a bitter mong though. They haven't much substance to back their viewpoint beyond themuns and us

I'd say a large amount would vote based on a number issues beyond historical past also. Plenty of sound level headed people in the country, just they aren't as noisey

Muzak do you think those wanting to remain part of UK are bitter or stuck in the past?

0 |

Not at all. I respect their right to want to remain as part of the UK.

0 |

Lol dead on. Can really see you watching a DUP speech and their voters expressing their opinions on remaining part of the union.

I'm sure you just sit there not judging respecting their right lol

1 |

Muzak1 is famously respectful of others tbf.

As long as you overlook his tendency to employ words like "faggot" and "chinkers" that is.

1 |

And his penchant for hitting children of course.

2 |

So long as you arent gay, prod or Chinese?

1 |

Or a child?

2 |

Sure just cling to what we have got dubunk

This place would be better uniting generations down the line than continue as a state part of the union where we literally get handouts and have fuck all real say in what goes on around us.

Listening about devolution etc daily and sort of funny as we get a set budget of a Tory government that's already run every service into the ground but it's expected to be made to work by storment. Comical when you think of it lol

0 |

“have a mate who returned back from Canada after 6 years who is neither religion and he basically said this place is near impossible find new friends even a decent girlfriend ”
What if it is him being a melter, or an ugly cunt?

3 |

Can't believe he seriously wrote that cmk lol

1 |

Grim

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

"Sorry we said nothing at the time and all but deep down we didn't like it. How's the leg?"

I wonder does that mean they'll now ban anyone handing out flyers warning people not to join the PSNI on their properties?

0 |

cmk your missing the point really this place is about 50 years behind somewhere like Canada, its far from a normal society and he shouldn't have any bother but try leaving a 9 Filipino girlfriend and having to come back here cause your visa ran out bit depressing to say the least!

0 |

He was dating a 9 year old? RJ would be proud

2 |

Rating.

0 |

Rating a 9 yr old? Still dodgy tbh.

2 |

Bit 9 year old humour here now lads.

0 |

If he finding it hard getting a decent bird over here then he must be a ugly drip

1 |

Brexiteer bemoaning missed opportunites due to the by lack of free movement.

1 |

Belfast has some decent birds but not so much class in the north west. Listen to Russell baz brand here!

0 |

Lol @ complaining cos your m8 can't get a bird.

Fuck me.

0 |

Hardly complaining I no myself what this place is like lived in England for a while and you would be flat out on those dating sites here is pretty shit on that front which is obvious but a lot to do with society here not just that its unpopulated.

0 |

Accent alone would get you laid in those places in a week, Irish birds were always more hard work than they were worth.

0 |

jesus wept

0 |

Does he spend his time on dates telling his potential suitors how the north of Ireland is 50 years behind where he used to live, how its far from a normal society and how he shouldn't have any bother getting himself a partner?

1 |

He must be such an amazing and beautiful specimen of a man to struggle finding anyone up to his standards amongst the 100s of thousands of women who live here lol

1 |

Dating site wtf lol

Jesus you must be brutal too.

It's really not that hard. You don't need to be player to get a girl on a night out. Unless you can't string a sentence or smell like shite or brutal but even then there is opportunity lol

2 |

Your balls depends what your happy with who wants to scrap the barrel or take home some doll with clap anyone could do that, classy birds here are scarce.

0 |

Belfast is a great spot low always had a bit of success down there and you will usually not get melters, derry is fucking brutal always has been your better of heading to LK, Strabane or Omagh.

0 |

Even the while looking ones in derry seem to think there page 3 material.

0 |

Seems this is a problem only you have dufunk. I've seen a classy young lady in Derry wank off someone with a bleeding nose and sick on his shirt. Yet you can't get even a peck on the lips?

1 |

lol

0 |

Was it a Ben Sherman Shirt?

1 |

Probably was. You remember the popular late 90s look blue Ben Sherman shirt, beige jeans, black kickers, purple glans.

Standard.

1 |

content-lhr3-1.xx.fbcd...

0 |

LOL at head to Omagh.

I'm from there but it makes me laugh that Derry people might head there for lovemaking purposes

0 |

Lets be honest a lot of Derry people never go any further than Altnagelvin never mind Omagh. Its the big click.

0 |

listen to dufunk speak for everyone in derry there.

0 |

Derry is a bubble.

Moved back after 10 years away recently and feel it already.

0 |

RPRA

0 |

Where were you RP? Coventry?
Do you feel superior coming back to Derry after learning 16 times table and saddled with a 60k debt, after living in Coventry or something? After 10 years.
Have you brought this up in Derry Bars yet?, about the bubble?
Or, what are you doing to fix it?
After 10 years in Birmingham and tha.

0 |

Sure u wouldnt leave west belfast only someone drives you in a van to a jobsite every morning to hold their tools for them.

2 |

lol. ok pal.

0 |

insults. for when you clueless bout everything else.

0 |

you got your head out of your ass again for a few days cleandirty. have you run out of weed lad? lol

0 |

Not Coventry...Omagh

1 |

lol @ cleandirty

1 |