Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Alliance pulled back good ground in the March election so hopefully that shows there is a more intelligent mindset lurking in Unionist circles. The second election was just an exercise in circling the wagons as said above.

0 |

The civil service argument is a bust, if UI is the result of brexit. Ireland will pick up a lot of businesses fleeing the collapsing UK econmy and the EU will give Ireland a lump of cash to wind up the Brexiteeres. The collapsing UK economy means there will be huge cutbacks in the civil service.
Paradoxically, Corbyn in power would lessen the likelihood of a UI.

0 |

I will take that as a compliment, pav. but i think the reality is i don't have that much influence.

If some randomer on a forum (me) has persuaded you to weigh in behind the DUP and be in favour of keeping the union with Britain all because I disagree with it. LOL

It probably requires one of those re-evaluation moments

0 |

BartolomeDeLaCasas • 10 minutes ago
The civil service argument is a bust, if UI is the result of brexit. Ireland will pick up a lot of businesses fleeing the collapsing UK econmy and the EU will give Ireland a lump of cash to wind up the Brexiteeres. The collapsing UK economy means there will be huge cutbacks in the civil service.
Paradoxically, Corbyn in power would lessen the likelihood of a UI.

Cool story, bro. Anything based on facts/figures/reality? You think 20k people are going to be comforted "sure it'll all be grand" lol

0 |

Brexit = collapsing GB economy is far from guaranteed...a lot of companies we work with see it as an opportunity

0 |

My comment was not designed as a blueprint for a UI, takkischitt, just some observations. There have been plenty of articles with businesses indicating their desire to move to Ireland, post brexit. The EU will stump up cash to aid reunification if it comes to it. They will not want to see the poster boy destabilised by regaining control of the 6 counties (as well as pissing off the british). It is only common sense that any post brexit cuts to the civil service will fall on the region with the least direct influence the outcome of the general election.

I hear meme-posting on 4chan is a good outlet for internet rage, maybe you should give it a go. You may even meet some like minded people there.

1 |

I guess we'll see after christmas RP. A lot of the big finance have given that as the deadline for them activating their no-deal contingency plans.
If there is no deal and finance goes along with it goes the manufacturers that rely on cross border supply chains. Speculatively throw in a US trade deal based on poorly regulated food and a health service sell of and where does that leave the union

0 |

lol Wee Bart taking it thick just because someone questioned him. Ach dear.

0 |

I am hardly taking it thick just recalibrating my response to accout for the tone of your post. You seem to hanker after internet conflict and to label other posters as triggered or trolls, rather than high minded exchange of ideas you professed to aim for on other threads.

0 |

You're the one who got snooty towards me, just for questioning you. Rather than just have a reasonable discussion (on the discussion board). So yes, it does really appear that you took a wee thicko. Not going to get in to anything with you today though. Have a good day.

"I hear meme-posting on 4chan is a good outlet for internet rage, maybe you should give it a go. You may even meet some like minded people there."

0 |

Takki embroiled in an argument?

plus ça change...

0 |

RP questioned my line of thinking yet failed to get a 'snooty' response. Maybe if you set your victim complex to one side and have a reread of your initial reponse to my comment you'd see why.

2 |

Corbyn in power = lesser likelihood of UI.

Ok brains.

0 |

thanks

1 |

Takki relax. You get too wound up on here. It’s saturday, pour a beer and chill

1 |

Corbyn defo be good for the union as he spend more on public and the poor.

1 |

lol @ Muzka chipping in. Textbook.

Chill out there Bart.

0 |

Yous think Corbyn will actually get in. Can't see it.

He took some amount of shite during the last election campaign and came through strong. Been oddly quiet on him lately

0 |

I have no idea if he can get in or not. Just saying it will be a blow to an early UI if he does. As usual the unionist politicans here have been too short sighted to realise this and thrown their weight in with the tories, (who can only serve to accelerate the UI).

I guess takkischitt will try to draw you into his little troll fest now, Muzka, since I've refused to play his game.

1 |

Give it a rest Bart. Come on now, don't be like that.

0 |

No chance I’m beyond that now. I’ve been on the end of his bullying before and won’t be going back.

Was just telling him to relax as worry about him sometimes, gets really wound up and into arguments he should just avoid.

Sound guy when offline

1 |

That's it. It's the naughty step for you, Muzka.

0 |

:'(

0 |

I seem to have got TJ and Matthew to agree on something, so I'm having a nice day. Good luck with that 'Not going to get in to anything' thing.

1 |

Gold star for Bart

0 |

Wee Jamie bryson is cock-a-hoop on twitter today about the fall of GFA and direct unionist rule. Does he not realise any decisions made by direct rule will be inline with GFA and Dublin will have some kind of input into those decisions. Strange fella

0 |

UI isn't the big epiphany that will solve everything do you actually think that will solve the problems of the North! Bigotry and divide will remain the same if not get worse and as for jobs and improvement on the economy that's all up in the air. We see how Donegal is ignored by Dublin its a county that relies on tourism, cross border trade and cross border jobs even our civil service jobs.

Anyone not from a nationalist, republican or catholic backward will feel very alienating a lot of investment will be needed for bridge the gap there also, or im sure quite a large majority will just hope we all fuck off back to England and Scotland!

0 |

Upvote for takkischitt

0 |

Worse sales pitch ever dufunk

0 |

I'm taking offence to you calling nationalists, republicans and catholics backward.

It stems from the protestant state ya gerrymandering bastard

0 |

Anyone not from a nationalist, republican or catholic backward will feel very alienating

Your da should have thought of that before they joined the OO.

0 |

Don't worry though. I want my Lutheran brothers to be as powerful as the faux-rebels and postmodernist abortion seekers from Dublin in our 32 county British Commonwealth state.
I'll not let anything bad happen you dufunk. Not with this soundcloud posts.

0 |

Had never heard of this guy's story but worth a read. Some real scum in NI, willing to do that to someone
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

1 |

what an absolute cunt of a club, must be full of right backward fucks

0 |

Joe Brolly's article on him is a good read.

0 |

This was always going to go like this for this fella.

Huge chunk still don't back the PSNI.

Terrible for the fella but he knew this would happen. Especially up where he is from. No brainer.

0 |

My brother in law left due to the same backward idiots in his village.

Complain about lack of Catholics in the police then actively discourage Catholics joining, yeah these people are idiots

0 |

Tbh the ones here harassing wouldn't be saying they want more nationalists in the police. They just don't agree with the police full stop.

Again another case of minority ruling the situation. Shinners are on the policing board.

0 |

absolutely a minority. most of those who don't back the police are more likely to be straight on the phone when their house gets robbed. they don't back them out of being backward or feel unable to say it outright due to where they live. The minority who go further than that are the nutbar legacy of the troubles.

0 |

'terrible for the fella but he knew this would happen'

Like fuck he did, you saying he should have expected this? That's bit cunty like. Yes you know you are a target but he joined to make a difference and started a gaa team. If anything he believed people could change but sadly it shows we will always have backward dickwads willing to take innocent lives.

What's sad is the attitude of this was bound to happen, after all these years the average person is still reading this and not being shocked.

1 |

I find the assertion that " a large majority will just hope we all fuck off back to England and Scotland" to be fairly unpleasant, dufunk

The vast majority of people from a nationalist background have no interest in exiling our neighbours and I imagine in the event of a UI the will be significant measure taken to leave unionist/ protestant communities at ease with the new circumstance

You should probaly make a few friends across the divide, if you mindset allows you to.

3 |

You're right Bart but there are plenty who would and they make more noise so it's easy to see how some may form that vision. Just as not every prod wants to rid Ireland of Catholics but it's also easy for some to have this image as again cunts make more noise and have a visual presence in the media.

Most people get on just fine but it doesn't make interesting news, can't be used for political gain or used to brainwash simpletons.

Paranoia about your so called enemy is rife.

2 |

How would he not know?

Be ridiculous to not think you are a target of the dissidents. Naive almost.

My cousin fella a cop from the west. He's got tortured since he joined up. He knew the dangers them clowns can inflict

0 |

Swear nik you talk sometimes you like are doing Belfast Troubles black taxi Tours preachin to the tourists lol

0 |

I think all baz was saying as it comes with the territory. in fact, the threats and violence is almost expected from the real nutbars.

but the silent majority of weak minded sheep, who say nothing when people are forcing their neighbours out of GAA clubs because they are in the police, are a shambolic bunch. zero respect for that kind of mind.

1 |

Background not backward lol

0 |

BartolomeDeLaCasas you having a laugh mate first time I probably a got bit blunt on here with all the bitter crap you hear on this board and you come out with that crap, I have more catholic mates than protestant along with people of no religion im from a mixed neighbourhood and apart of a mixed cricket club. Its not me that needs to cross the divide it 90% of the country and what I said may just of hit a nerve probably as there is some truth in it to a certain extent.

0 |

And I'm saying if you read what he says he believed it would and it's apparent by his actions. Maybe naive then but my point is he didn't think it was a cert.

It's not my opinion Barry, just how I read his points

0 |

I see, some of your best friends are catholic.
How many of them want to see you and your unionist chums exiled in the event of a UI?

1 |

But yeah, country has too many spineless fucks afraid to think for themselves and that guy was let down by those type of sheep.

Fuck em all etc

0 |