Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Stalin died

0 |

1952, the freak. Fuck you commie cunt.
Fuck every empire.

0 |

Jacky Chan obviously

0 |

Stalin died in 1953.

0 |

No sleep again SS?

0 |

UPPA MONAGH BY-FUCKIN-PASS

Teenager shot three times in the legs in Belfast

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

This is a joke. Well done SFDUP.

NI to miss out on Commonwealth Youth Games closing ceremony - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

they'll reach some sort of a deal in September once they realise the party members need fed.

0 |

Good news Takki. Ireland should have no part in this celebration of British colonisation.

Any other positives?

0 |

Useless ballroots

0 |

I know it was votes for cash but the blatancy on Sammy here is pretty stark

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

"Under the 'confidence and supply' arrangement the two parties reached last month, the DUP guarantees that its 10 MPs will vote with the government on the Queen's Speech, the Budget, and legislation relating to Brexit and national security."

To say you'd support the government on Brexit no matter what is unreal. And if the money was fluffed by Brokenshire would then deliberately vote against them just to show their teeth?
Snakes the lot of them

0 |

The East Antrim MP said the secretary of state needed to make his position clear and said if direct rule is implemented, the DUP will be in a "major position for consultation then" about how the extra funding is spent.

Sounds like he actually wants direct rule. Useless cunt.

0 |

It's absolutely warped. So short term to think it better Stormont collapse so other parties in NI can't have a say over the money. That is what he is actually welcoming there.

0 |

Hehe

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

Pity SF didn't practice what they preach when it comes to respect and equality.

Council walk-out over McCann Enniskillen bomb comments - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

SF in praising the ra shocker. Lol

Why the fuck does anyone think their gonna condemn anything the IRA has ever done.

Party politics from unionist/stoops

0 |

Have to laugh at the uproar at Paul Clarke calling the Army "our boys" on UTV this week as well. NI giving it proper NI-ness this week

0 |

That's what I call them too

0 |

what muzak1 said.

amazed them stories still create controversy lol

0 |

What was the reason for pressing the man for condemnation of something that happened years ago? He said it was terrible and wrong which it was. These things are better left in the past and concentrate on the here and now.

0 |

Andy we have a country built upon dragging up the past sadly. It's where a lot of people's mindsets can never leave

0 |

They did the same with Corbyn pre election. Better just to not feed the wolves.

BT asking Claire Bailey MLA Greens about the fact she had Protestant friends in an interview during the week was another one. Nothing to do with anything but they have to ask.

0 |

The news is goin off and its not goin on again til theres an agreement, thank you and goodnight

0 |

Andy, so why are places being named after RA members and memorials taking place. You can't have it both ways.

0 |

You're being a bit scatter gun takki. Put up a post about fermanagh council then ask about naming parks after IRA men. I don't know, you'd need to ask the people that named it. IMO I don't think naming a park after a controversial figure is helpful really.

Getting back to your original post, the guy was asked to condemn something and also made comments about seamus mcilwaine. What I took from his replies was that 1. He said Enniskillen bombing was wrong and terrible 2. Those in the IRA enabled peace by stopping violence. Nothing controversial there really. Of course, those with a certain agenda or lens will look at the comments and see controversy.

0 |

Can't have what both ways?

0 |

SDLP Councillor Mary Garrity said there was "shouting across the room".
She added: "He [Mr McCann] was shouting at any member who wanted to talk and hitting the wooden gavel.
"It was a sad day in the chamber.
"The chairperson asked for respect for the chair, to which he was jeered and mocked for his hypocrisy."

0 |

It was the fact he basically tried to stop others speaking or having their view and drown out their views by banging the desk. Hardly tolerance/respect/equality, is it?

0 |

Must absolutely exhausting for anyone who doesn't give a fuck about trying to spin history to a certain narrative. As if it gets us anywhere. You don't seem to get any airtime with the media unless you are engaging in charade but rather just want to talk about anti social behaviour for example

0 |

UpInArmsMa, if you need it spelt for you, you can't say certain things the RA did was wrong, then turn round and glorify them, which is what SF do. The RA were terrorists and murdered innocent people to try and get what they want.

lol Andy - "the IRA enabled peace by stopping violence"

The IRA enabled peace. Heard it all now lol

0 |

It's more nuanced than that. At one stage it was a UI or nothing. And that's why you still have the leftovers still fighting their deluded republican war.

When you say members of the paramilitaries on both sides enabled peace it's absolutely true. Put down the weapons, recognise the rule of law etc. Engage in politics. no doubt McCann would struggle to say it about people in the UVF though just because of the bitterness he carries.

0 |

We always had men of peace essentially but it needed the men of violence to give it up before we could end the Troubles

0 |

Not sure what you find funny takki? It's a matter of fact. By stopping the armed campaign it enabled peace in NI to move forward. Did you ignore or miss the rest of what I said with that unionist lens of yours?

0 |

Takki has lost the run of himself here cos SF won't condemn the RA 40 years on.
Lol

Are you SURE you're not a DUP voter ?

0 |

I guess the uda, IRA, uvf etc enabled peace by stopping killing innocent people

0 |

Exactly muzka. They were one part of many contributions from all sides to get us to here. If the violence on both sides hadn't of stopped there'd be no peace. Hardly something to give credit for but it's fact.

0 |

Here we go. Someone who doesn't worship SF is automatically tarred with the DUP/unionist brush. Wise up lol

0 |

"the IRA enabled peace by stopping violence"

Did Hitler enable peace by killing himself? Should he be lauded for his work, maybe awarded a Nobel Peace prize posthumously Andy?

0 |

I refer you to what I said tj: "Hardly something to give credit for but it's fact."

0 |

"the IRA enabled peace by stopping violence"

obviously a fair comment.

read this week Molyneux at the time said it was "the most destabilising event since partition". it certainly will be seen by future generations as the most momentus event in the short life of Northern Ireland.

The IRA, agents of Chaos/harbingers of Love.

0 |

Best day ever when ira, uvf etc all gave up and ended their campaigns of terror. Common sense won and they all could go get real jobs safe in the knowledge that though neither side really won the rest of us won and could go into town without getting blown up. Good times

1 |

UVF is active, just not killing themuns anymore.

0 |

Given up their terror campaign.

0 |

Come home uvf, the games over and it's past your bed time, ira has been home, had supper and tucked up in bed

0 |

Yesterday's news, not top story, but fuck me... Can you fathom the twisted situation in the early 70s? This outfit comprised state police officers, part time army amongst others. Their targets; not IRA personnel but reasonably well off catholics making a decent life for themselves. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

We've definitely come a long way, but there's plenty of cobwebs still to be cleaned out.

0 |

UVF are still terrorising folk on their turf.

0 |

I'm referring to the ceasefire phunk. But yes still load of nobodies acting the dick

0 |

BBCNI News had that as 7th online in the news table.

0 |

0 |

What time does the fair start?

0 |