Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

if you cant handle takki at his worst, you sure as hell don't deserve him at his best!

0 |

What's his best? Dead, like Thatcher?

0 |

To get some kind of measurement what is both his best and his worst?

I'd say his best would be 11th night when he takes that first sip of harp and jaunty strikes his drum in unison with deidre letting out a harmonious yeeeeooo and the empowering aroma of a burning tyre caressing his tash flows into his nostrils, everything is good, everything is orange

0 |

Deirdre at the bonfire...?
Hmmm. The sorrows.

0 |

Big deirdre, her ma loved coronation street. Tits to her knees and smells of fish

0 |

lol you either have a vivid imagination, Muzka, or you are just delving in to that vast hun memory of yours and picking out real events from your past.

0 |

she's from cloughfern, nik, watch your mouth.

plays a mean flute, oh er.

0 |

The Takki switcharoo.

0 |

Takki's mean but i'd say he has more of a didgeridoo on him, than a flute.

0 |

Tiny sack though

0 |

*that's Bawbag for you Nordies

0 |

www.urbandictionary.co...

0 |

2 |

Seems the shinners where actually spot on with all this.

0 |

Links of Si burns a Tyrone Jersey!!

1 |

PS can we go to IKEA soon :)

0 |

www.belfasttelegraph.c...

0 |

whenimnotbeingaprguy.w...

1 |

4.postimg.org/7k7lupyq...

0 |

So takki was wrong all along and his favourite party the DUP were to blame?

1 |

0 |

lol monkfish, its funny how all the other parties knew what had been agreed, but SF seem to have been played. If welfare was such an important issue for them, should they not have been a bit more sure about what was happening in the first place, rather than being so keen to run out and start advertising the 'great deal' they had secured?

Great to see the young adults of today can see past the nonsense some folks on here cant even see past... clyp.it/tqse4cil

0 |

They're both as bad as eachother, as you stated Takki.

It's a Ying/Yang situation (but not if yer lot burn them out of their houses, am I right?!!!)

#humanism>racism

0 |

You still a big Shinner, monkfish?

0 |

Just vote Alliance.

0 |

I'd rather vote People before Profit.

0 |

Just vote greens, better for the environment

0 |

Step 1: Alliance
Step 2: ??????
Step 3: Profit

0 |

I'm voting eirigi for sure

0 |

Are People before Profit affiliated with any other parties, Flash? Just looking over their policies here, could be worth a vote too, though I'd rather put my vote into a party which *might* have the ability to shake up things here, if they got enough votes.

0 |

No, Takki. Heard a few things about Gerry all over sorting out issues. Over Shankill sorting council issues for constituents etc. Might seem small but at least he's out doing something for people.

1 |

neddac • 32 minutes ago
They're both as bad as eachother, as you stated Takki.

I think the DUP is worse than SF, when it comes to ideologies and policies. I'm very dubious about SF's abilities in making tough decisions, though. They say they'll do a lot of things, but seem to never back it up with the logistics of making it work in the real world. A lot of their policies require more funding for social services... but where do they plan to get that from?

I think the majority of both the main parties votes come from tribal voting, not from people who actually want real progression and a move away from the 'old ways'.

I just want there to be a bit of real, democratic competition here, and less of the silly bickering which plagues the two main parties. I can't see them getting over their issues with each other for a very long time. It'd be better if there was a third party in the mix, an option which was disassociated with the troubles and divisions in society and gave the younger adults of today a party to vote for which doesn't appear stuck in the past or with sectarian baggage to deal with.

0 |

I though PBP and yer man Gerry were great, til I seen how ridiculous he is being over this ageas situation - he's def trying to be of help, and do some good, but he seems a bit clueless about exactly what and how to do in this situation...aside from protesr

0 |

He means well Gerry but he's out of his depth tbf

1 |

Are you on about that Chinese Gerry?
Gerry Mandarin?

3 |

No, think it's that striker from the Over-40s Team, Gerry HatTrick

1 |

belfastmediagroup.com/...

0 |

Villiers is in the RA?

0 |

Sammy Wilson: DUP man planted Sinn Féin tree gift as peace symbol - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

0 |

Some interesting, although fairly obvious overall, results from that cross border poll which was done...

Only 13% of people in Northern Ireland want to see a united Ireland in the short to medium term, according to a new survey commissioned by BBC Northern Ireland and Irish state broadcaster RTÉ. - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

Almost two thirds of people in Northern Ireland would feel comfortable if a family member had a same-sex marriage, a new survey suggests. - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

Anyone know of anywhere to see the actual survey results data in full?

0 |

Both numbers seem very low. Only 2/3 would welcome same sex marriage?

0 |

Why is that so hard to believe? 2/3 would be about right in NI surely.

United Ireland is such a pointless debate as far as most people are concerned

0 |

i could count on one hand the amount of people i know would oppose this

0 |

I thought it would be a higher than 2/3. Surely 95% of under 35s would say let them whack away.

0 |

37% of Irish voters opposed the south's referendum on gay marriage, no reason to suspect Northern Ireland would be any better.

0 |

That seems very high too. I don't know anyone that would oppose it.

0 |

What do you mean it seems very high - it's the actual results of the referendum!

3 |

I know. I thought there might be less cunts about. Didn't know the actual numbers, just knew it was passed.

0 |

Just a thought but maybe the demographic of the people you know isnt the same as the demographic of the whole of N.I.

2 |