Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

The taigs can't let go rj, it's all or nothing.

0 |

It’s that cunt Adams, the sooner that fucker dies the better for all of us.. I grew to like Marty but Adams id walk past if he was on fire and I’m pretty sure 99% of prods feel the same about him, SF need to elect another president or sideline the cunt as this process will go nowhere with him in charge of it all, hopefully he dies before there’s a united Ireland tbh

0 |

I kinda got the impression over the past while that the sticking point might be more to do with Arlene standing aside than the ILA. It's seemed for a while that the DUP has been trying to show that they might be 'coming around' to the ILA, so when it came out it wouldn't be a total shock to their loyalist voters, especially if they've got some sort of cover for Ulster-Scots in there, too. Only other thing that I can think of that SF had a major issue with was/is Arlene's position.

0 |

What's the breeding programme, TJ?

0 |

There has been little or no talk on Arlene's position this week, so don't think that is the sticking point

0 |

The shinners ordering the DUP to replace Foster has probably secured her position. Even if a video emerged of her laughing as she calculated how much money the RHI scamdal will make for all her chums, she'd still be reelected to show the republicans they can't push the unionist arpound

0 |

Yeah, little or no *public* talk about it, but SF have still been mentioning it here and there right up to pretty recently...

Sinn Féin adamant Arlene Foster cannot be First Minister

20 June, 2017

"Sinn Fein is not budging on its insistence that Arlene Foster cannot return as Stormont first minister while a public inquiry into a botched green energy scheme is ongoing, Gerry Kelly has made clear.

The republican party's stance on the DUP leader is one of a number of issues of dispute standing in the way of restoring devolution at Stormont."

www.irishnews.com/news...

0 |

All reports on the talks say the way to get Stormont up and running is to agree on the ILA.

They'll still ask that Arlene is not returned, maybe seeking a vote of no confidence in the Assembly, but it isn't preventing return of Powersharing as far as I have seen this week

0 |

Consensually Impregnate as many women in nationalist communities as possible Takki.

0 |

lol beat the huns in sheer numbers, TJ?

0 |

It's only a matter of time...

0 |

Who's going to pay for all the taig DLA and brews if the prods get too outnumbered, tho?

0 |

The EU... just to sicken the Brits

0 |

Taigs have fully signed up to a commitment to start working and get off benefits once a United Ireland is confirmed. Until then the British Government will be milked for as much as possible.

0 |

lol

0 |

0 |

Wasted post there VA-164, Soyuz would be disappointed with you :/

1 |

Would be super interesting to see where all the other parties have gotten their mula from. Wonder does Sinn Fein have a few big dumps of cash from a 'Mr. N. Bank' over the years.

"Letters published by the Northern Ireland Office show that Alliance was the only local political party to call for political donations to be made public and backdated to 2014."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

The whole call for transparency from any party who don't declare their donations is a joke. If they have nothing to hide just do it of your own accord

0 |

shinners are minted purely because they take a pay cut and rest goes to the party......plus that Northern bank pension

0 |

www.facebook.com/BELFA...

0 |

Good watch, especially the wee ride 20 mins in

3 |

Haha, no balls Muzka. You should have at least tried a 360 kick flip and failed than nail a tail clack pick up! How many attempts did you have at it?

1 |

Twelfth must be coming up. Muzka is watching SDLP videos.

0 |

I'm on video with Adams and Clinton, rte history m8

1 |

Who/what is sdlp?

0 |

You somehow managed to dress like you do now back then. The 35 year old dressed like a 16 year old look.

1 |

haha

0 |

True, though have moved from buying XL to M and from skate shoes to Nike airs. Never moved on to the shoes, jeans and shirt look

0 |

Cheers for thinking I'm 35 though

1 |

Is that Bernie Ray with you?

0 |

1 |

Bryson now RT that EDL fuck trumpet. Class.

0 |

love Naomi <3

0 |

good craic Mcveigh calling Jamie a headcase today and then backing it up with anyone standing round a bonfire burning tricolours and union jacks celebrating it are headcases lol

obvs Jamie came back with headcases are people who bomb towns lol

0 |

0 |

WTF is going on up in Derry. Seems that a couple of days can't go by without some balloons doing something grim.

Derry man Anthony Moran shot 'as substitute for friend' - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

Muzak1 needs to sort it out up there break a few legs

0 |

Putting my faith in andyw

2 |

up and coming in republican circles

1 |

Nuskool. Derry needs it. Muzak1 and his bombing campaign is played out, andyw bringing a new angle. Something to do with the internet I heard

0 |

Jesus lads I wouldn't know anyone in galliagh. Bit of a shite hole tbf.

0 |

Galliagh is grim enough. Nightly walkabouts by residents to campaign against joy riders and dealers up until recently. Good folk about there for the most

0 |

I was in Galliagh on Saturday night for a whole. Purely pleasure though. Mad hole

0 |

www.channel4.com/news/...

0 |

I was in Derry at the weekend, was a good session on the beers. Didn't meet any retrobates. Or I met as less as i meet every day in Belfast. The place was buzzing.

0 |

Compared to say Belfast over the Twelfth, everyone seemed relatively happy/content. No Alliance supporters.
Don't even think they know who Alliance is up there Takk.
Recommend a night out. Unreal that city is still in the 6 counties. It deserves better.

0 |

We should have a county poll, never mind border poll. You know which way Derry will go. Most of us are working and living in the EU/Letterkenny on about 4 quid extra an hour.

0 |

I think Derry has a Lot to teach belfast about knowing who you are. What you represent. Your hopes, your history, your dreams & ambitions.

Have you seen that British bridge? What a bridge.
A Great British bridge into the Irish Republic. (Craigavon Bridge)

Couldn't help but travel it thinking it was some sort of pre-cursor/parable to David Davies' little englander suicide.

0 |

Who is gonna stop them? Paratroopers are legally and culturally abolished from that city. So who would stop them, if you could....

0 |