Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

haha fair point. Golf bag there and all. Probably been in the club bar all day.

0 |

Some news today.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

Reckon there'll be any former police or special branch arrested?

0 |

Of course there won't be charges following this...just look at the finucane murder, same thing...

0 |

Nothing to see here

0 |

I imagine Theresa's Team, relying on DUP votes, will be keen to investegate this fully and ensure justice is fully served.

0 |

It's totally fucked up when you consider we have just convicted a serial killer and it doesn't dent the evening news

0 |

* A state sanctioned serial killer

0 |

m.belfasttelegraph.co....

Hey unionists.. can we get yous unlocked?

0 |

The stupid cunt is only realising this now?

0 |

an extra billion for norn iron.. i always liked the DUP www.telegraph.co.uk/ne...

0 |

Hang on, DUP have negotiated 1 billion investment into northern Ireland?????

How the fuck did they wangle that lol

0 |

Big wad of money being dangled in front of the shinners to do a deal this week

0 |

More for extra infrastructure? I would hope this finally gets the A5 and A6 underway.

0 |

even if we have mandatory sunday attendance still an extra bil investment is a good thing, cant wait to hear what thon cunt Adams says...

0 |

www.belfasttelegraph.c... That's the breakdown there!

0 |

lol clearly that's why aul Gerry was being so vocal about reaching out to unionists the other day

0 |

begging bowl full to the brim again...no way the DUP/SF will mess this up.

0 |

Must be hard over in SF headquarters as they wreck their heads on how to not come up with a positive statement about the whole thing

0 |

Was surprised by this stat :

"The most interesting statistic shows the proportion of Catholics and Protestants in various age groups. Of the elderly, those aged over 90 in Northern Ireland, 64% are Protestant and 25% are Catholic."

0 |

United Ireland only a matter of time:

"When you look at those children and babies born since 2008, the picture changes dramatically. The corresponding figure is 31% Protestant and 44% Catholic. In one (admittedly long) lifetime, the Catholic population in the youngest cohort has nearly doubled, while the Protestant cohort has more than halved."

0 |

all the elderly prods are 1690

0 |

I reckon a lot of this will have huge caveats. Like "providing Stormont come up with a costed plan"

or "provided there is no open door to fraud (see RHI appendix 4.3)"

or "provided this money doesn't go to Johnny Celtic"

0 |

Well isn't that a sectarian way to look at the whole thing, who's to say in the future that just because of your religion you will sway one way or another. Hopefully in few years time we will start to see an atheist revolution and more people classifying themselves as 'Other' that will finally show progress!

Pressure is on SF now as a government needs to be in place does it not for these funds to be released if they scupper this will def show how little they care about the people of NI and have had another agenda all along. Would show that they have used the equality, gay marriage and abortion as a front.

0 |

I'd rather have a border poll than accept English taxpayers money.

0 |

"Would show that they have used the equality, gay marriage and abortion as a front." What?? Are you saying they have a hidden agenda to make the DUP look like total cvnts?

0 |

Maybe the crypto-republican DUP have a hidden agenda to make SF look enlightened... all part of a long term republican plot to undermine the case for unionism...

0 |

Well I wouldnt call it a hidden agenda, but the agenda is UI over all of their demands really.

0 |

Isn't it amazing that we don't have a government in this country and they are all out on full pay unable to work together but yet they can piss off the London and do a deal for over a billion pounds.

0 |

I would like to see what Corbyn's offer to the good people of NI would be.

0 |

100 million to each MP. Between the Irish & Brussels, these Tories are on a mission to ruin their country.

0 |

Stand corrected. Henry McDonald in the Guardian

'There has been some confusion over any pre-conditions supposedly laid down as to if and when Northern Ireland get this extra one billion pound plush cash injection.
The only pre-condition is that the DUP supports a minority Conservative government and that is now the case.
It does NOT hinge on what happens at the talks in Stormont aimed at restoring power sharing devolved government in Northern Ireland. Rather the additional money for capital spending is an incentive to local politicians to seal their own deal and take full control of how that money is allocated across various devolved ministries like health and education.
If they can’t reach a deal by deadline day on Thursday then it will probably be either Northern Ireland civil servants or even London based Tory ministers who will manage the additional spending on a direct rule basis.'

0 |

That's quite a good thing as SF would only use any clause to strike a deal on power sharing as a way to see money guaranteed for their own community

0 |

0 |

I posted that link in this very thread yesterday. Not like you to be behind the times...

0 |

Nice link soyuz. But I think you'll find the Union is safer now, more than ever.
Heard Nigel Dodds say the other day

0 |

Looking likely there won't be a deal struck by the talks deadline. SF saying DUP haven't moved on the basic equality issues that brought stormont down. Not sure where it goes from here. Direct rule with the tories implementing the equality issues?

0 |

The front page of the |Irish time was suggesting the DUP and Tories would set up a committee to determine how that billion would be spant... unless SF got the exec up and running they would get a say.

0 |

The spending of the money is the least of the worries. Basic human rights need implemented here and it seems the DUP are unwilling to go there. The Irish government should be putting the pressure on if it goes to direct rule.

0 |

I can imagine another dose of tory austerity for the taigs and tory bonanza for the DUP pet projects will do wonders for dissident recruitment programs...

1 |

how can anyone justify this. DUP utterly shameless, ending austerity in NoI while it continues elsewhere in the country they claim to be a part of.
If I was British I would despise these brass necked Irish even more so.

0 |

its their inner toriysm... fuck everyone else over while lining the pockets of all you chums

1 |

Keep breeding people, United Ireland gets closer with every birth.

Not you though Takki.

0 |

£100,000 for everyone of their voters

Anyone take that poll in the BT? Should their be a border poll was at about 70% and support for a UI was about the same.

Gathering pace. Though the BT isn't the best representation of views here. The rag.

With the DUP in bed with the Tories and SF unable to do anything by not being at Westminster and Stormont collapsed spells frustrating times ahead for Nationalists. The DUP will be ramming their lack of power throats at every opportunity

1 |

Riding her as we speak

0 |

Let them, motherfuckers. Tories will be tearing eachother's throats out before too long. May will tumble, fresh elections and PM Corbyn will be making people in this part of GB an offer they cannot refuse.

0 |

0 |

0 |

Fucking Scumbag Irish interfering in British affairs

1 |

SF's abstentionist policy justified

0 |

how do "unionists" justify that to the great british public?

0 |