Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

down south shites all over us economically.

apparently it's a barren place tho

0 |

Dublin is the only place with money down south. The rest of it is as trampy as derry.

0 |

like the majority of the 6 counties then?. not like Belfast awash with it either

0 |

Forgot how amazing these were lol

0 |

Dublin only accounts for 49% of the Republic's GDP, cleandirty.

0 |

Cork & Galway top notch spots tbf

0 |

Cork is brilliant. Seen Stars Of The Lid perform in an old church there last September.

I said I seen Stars Of The Lid perform in an old church there last September.

City was great after. Class spot.

0 |

St Luke's ?

0 |

1.8 million people currently live in the Greater Dublin Area, a region comprising Dublin and the counties of Meath, Kildare and Wicklow. The GDA accounts for 39% of population.

0 |

Ireland has loadsa top notch spots for entertainment, just lackong in jobs outside dublin. NI lacks both outside of belfast.

0 |

For the all crying about this part of the world if you earn anything close to 35k a year you are absolutely minted compared to the vast majority of the worlds population. It's all about perspective I suppose

1 |

I'd love to earn 35k a year. Fucking over worked and underpaid bastard turd flaps

0 |

Plenty of jobs in Cork at the very least, lots of tech companies like to locate their support ops down there. But I think all regions of the republic have a higher GDP per capita compared to Northern Ireland.

0 |

I just plucked that figure out of the air Muzka the actual stats are much more levelling

www.givingwhatwecan.or...

Put your details in here

0 |

We're definitely higher on the earnings charts than a lot of people in the world, but I find those figures a bit misleading, because they're not weighted by...lets call it the 'value of your money' if that makes sense? Like, 35k a year in Belfast doesn't equate to the same thing as 35k a year in London, or a rural area of the west.

0 |

Triskel, Jumbo

riskelartscentre.ie

0 |

Doesn't matter what you earn you'll find ways to spend it. I live in Derry and would earn a fair bit more than 35k a year. Amazing money for this area but still tight on cash some months.

0 |

Fuckin best night ever man. Near crying here thinking about it.

0 |

Talking to a lad back home who said air traffic controllers at Belfast international are on 80k a year.

0 |

Wife's cousin's husband works as air traffic controller up in stornoway. Earning a clean fortune just for being up there and it not being that accessible. 80k sounds about right.

0 |

80k would be a nice wee earner to sit and pretend to play a real life video game

0 |

think the south economic growth was 5% or more. Debt cleared as well.

barren land

1 |

I'd be voting where the money is, if it's with the Mexicans its cya queenie if it's with the UK its fuck off Adams

1 |

There's 30k financial jobs heading for Dublin because of brexit. They can't build the office space fast enough for them in Dublin at the min. Dublin a a few years will be buzzing even more than now. Ireland is 3rd most expensive country to live in, in the euro zone at present. Earnings in most sectors will rise to match that.

0 |

Wish I could be arsed, get offered good doe to go work in Dublin or lend my talents to a few local firms but can't be assed with working long hours to make bank, prob should and get the mortgage paid off quickly but I value my lying on the sofa scratching the balls time more than I do the mighty dolla

0 |

35k is tight enough when it's the only wage in the family. Fuck 5 week months anyway lol

1 |

Don't those air traffic controllers have to live as puritans tho for obvious reasons.? Although I'd do that these days for 80k.
Would have lasted a fortnight in my 20s at that job.

0 |

I watched a documentary on the UK traffic control. Start on $115k, and they are desperate cause the turnover is great. Really stressful job. The training for it is hectic though and not many make it through. Worth a punt James. You might be brilliant at it.

0 |

That's £115k

0 |

You fucking losers need to get a property portfolio and work in big finance.

0 |

Air traffic control could be a good fit for an apache attack helicopter

4 |

Be too much pressure for me. I avoid phone calls from friends. Not sure how I'd be able to talk down a hijacked airliner.

2 |

you dont, experts do that you just try and make sure that wee cessna doesn't take out a fully ladened 747 whilst hungover

0 |

i think you're being to hard on yourself... your next lvl emotional intellegence and you deep understanding of the human psyche could only be a boon in any hostage negotiation situation.

your lack of confidence in your own abilities stands as testement to the unnecessary cruelty of the broader anti-SJW unvirtue signaling movement as typified by the spacetime enitiy (a legendary forum bully in it's own right). Furthermore, it highlights the wasted transhuman potential that results from the corrupt and debase anti-SJW ideology.

4 |

So basically you're calling him a dick?

3 |

0 |

clearly not muzka... though i thought you were above the spacetime entity lvl concern trolling. You always one for a more direct slaggin

1 |

Dissidents continuing to wreck havoc in derry this week 2 shootings and now a viable bomb, what exactly are they fighting for? I mean SF and nationalists are closer than they have every been to a referendum and they got to here far quicker via peaceful means than the fighting ever got them. Even with reunification I cant see these gangsters fucking off cause that's all they fucking are.

0 |

they're are playing right into unionist/loyalists hands by weakening the republican agenda

0 |

Had a complete mind fuck on BBC Facebook page few weeks back with brainwashed loons from Derry claiming the dissidents current actions were actually being carried out by DUP and loyalists to wreck SFs position in stormount and derail the peace process.

They said i need to open my eyes and stop being a media puppet. Next level shit

0 |

BUT ironically they are right in a way that as you say rj it's probably helping unionists more than republicans. They really are thick as pig shit

0 |

That's a mad one loyalist paramilitaries would be to dumb for a start to have some sort of master plan, most of them in the waterside are full on alcho's with no drive for anything anymore. Derailing SF wouldn't be in many unionists interest if its only going to drag us back to the bad days, just cause your a unionist doesn't necessarily mean your a bigot.

1 |

Was like tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists.

I'll never learn though, BBC and Belfast tele are a cunt soup of morons and debating with them is like slamming your head repeatedly into a brick wall

0 |

some people reckon it's spooks false flag stuff. dissidents ate riddled...........tin foil hat engaged

0 |

That’s why my man in the DUP says secretly they’re happy for it to go back to direct rule because they know the dissidents will kick up their campaign a few notches leading to loads of republican infighting, a few dead peelers and the UK/Irish governments strong-arming SF back to the negotiating table in a weaker position

0 |

political policing still rampant

0 |

So... is it still the fault of those pesky prods or not?

0 |

defo a whiff of Atlantic Cod about it fido

1 |

www.derrynow.com/news/...

this has got the backs up of a lot of republicans in derry, among a few other things.

0 |

The RAAAAD are back in town.. must have got a crisis loan in. Pipe bomb last night was left at alleged dealers house.
The shooting the other day was dizzy in-fighting linked to a scrap on paddy's day

All just a bit of house cleaning. Nothing sectarian or political about it. Would yous just leave them alone!

0 |