Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

I'm not excusing the army killing innocent people here but as a whole the British Army weren't waging war on the civilian population, there may of been a few loose canons but the IRA was waging war on everyone and going about in the lowest manner possible by bombing and shooting innocent people in order to get what they want and for that they want some sort of victim status? not justified in my book, some 18y.o. soldier on a first tour of duty loses his legs to a bomb yes he's a victim, some 18y.o. IRA man shot whilst planning a mass murder? Nah m8, it's gotta be on an individual basis not as a collective as SF want

2 |

will the sort of where when you factor in the collusion during the troubles, same for other security forces. Put it like this they weren't protecting much which was meant to be their job and where big players in the madness that was happening around us for the 25 years.

like someone saying the RA where just targeting state forces and not civilians, they were just caught up in it but its collateral damage. no one would buy that.

Not trying to rank groups etc but defo think the Brits should open up purely because they are more accountable and haven't really owned up to anything. think they might have took some blame for bloody Sunday after so much hundred million spent.

0 |

'some 18y.o. soldier on a first tour of duty loses his legs to a bomb yes he's a victim, some 18y.o. IRA man shot whilst planning a mass murder? Nah m8, it's gotta be on an individual basis not as a collective as SF want'

haha. unreal

1 |

Give soldiers footballer's wages.

1 |

Don't they have a license to kill like James bond???

Is it not ok if the queen gives you the nod?

0 |

haha

0 |

With regards to the legacy issues I'd agree their should be full disclosure from everyone. Won't happen though until there's a agreement that no prosecutions happen. Victims won't have that so catch 22.

0 |

So Muzak you think a guy who plants car bombs under a cops car or gunmen who murder innocent men should be afforded the same victim status as those they killed and maimed??

0 |

How is that guy a victim though rj? I think shooting a civilian dead in the street when they're doing nothing bad is as bad as putting a booby-trapped bomb under someone's car. Still ends up the same way someone dies.

0 |

In a word. RJ. Yes

0 |

Can you sum it up in a word?
No.
A sound?
Uuuarrrrrrggggg.
Spartacus, thank you.

0 |

Muzak is like the republican equivalent of a flegger. No logic just fleg. In a word. Fleg.

0 |

The man seems to have no shame.

0 |

Shame? Shame for saying a British soldier shouldn't be given hierarchy over an Irish soldier.
Shame on you ya stoop

0 |

Stoop? Lol...It's like I walked into 1990 here.

RJ didn't ask anything about British soldiers in that question by the way.

0 |

Wee Muzak loves it lol

0 |

Very basic view of equality.. not sure why a few getting their knickers twisted.

0 |

They just dont get the struggle mate.

1 |

Zackly. RP was in New Zealand

0 |

any way, there's a whole new generation coming through who just don't give a fuck, & thank fuck tbh, back in the days of the rave everyone just got mashed and no one talked politics. everyone rioted though, happy days..

0 |

The brits refuse to acknowledge they played a hand that contributed to the prolonged violence. Coupled with the fact the judicial system excused state murder and facilitated war crimes on hooded men they then continue to blame the nationalist communities for violence. You couldn't make it up. They need to admit their mistakes. Just like the ra need to admit theirs.

0 |

Themuns did all the bad murderin.

0 |

Muzak1 • 12 hours, 15 minutes ago
Shame? Shame for saying a British soldier shouldn't be given hierarchy over an Irish soldier.

Irish soldier? eh as far as i'm aware we weren't at war with Ireland, just a bunch of disgruntled TERR O RISTS, a guy planting a bomb under a car or shooting up a bar is now a soldier? suppose those Omagh bombers are all victims? I take it the bomber who blew up a chipshop on the Shankill taking himself with it should be counted as a victim along with the 8 civilians he murdered??

0 |

Muzak you really are the catholic equivalent of a Flegger

0 |

Sean Kelly seen his friends and comrades getting killed by state forces colluding with Loyalist paramilitaries.

0 |

State collusion with loyalist gunmen to murder innocent catholic civilians is wrong and all parties should be held accountable, the state engaging in a war with terrorist murderers using the same tactics is fair game in my book.

0 |

I'd like to see all Victims with reasonable claims compensated 10k English pounds and all ex-combatant Victims from across the political spectrum compensated 20k each for having the temerity to take up arms for a cause they believed in.

0 |

“It makes you nostalgic, doesn’t it, for the good old days of the IRA. ’Cause they gave warnings, didn’t they? They were gentleman bombers, the finest terrorists this country’s ever had. We’ll not see their like again. Let’s have a little clap for the IRA . . . ’Cause the IRA, they were decent British terrorists. They didn’t want to be British. But they were. And, as such, they couldn’t help but embody some fundamentally decent British values”.

4 |

Nothing says I'm a sound terrorist as much as blowing up a baby or pregnant woman, sign of a true sounder you can get behind. I liked how the IRA didn't discriminate, everyone was fair game, even Catholics. What a bunch

0 |

Listening to brokenshire in the commons here. He really is a useless fucker?

1 |

Tbf, calling ahead is a pretty upstanding move and should be applauded. You won't see many Jihadi's handing out a wee courtesy call.

0 |

Do no sour my rich hollywood-movie like republican heritage by comparing it to a flegger.

A class of peoples so hideous that even Ruth Patterson herself turned her back on them

They wouldnt have deserved the glory of an IRA operation

0 |

Mad bitterness in here.

0 |

Haters gonna hate

0 |

One of my favourite gifs - media.giphy.com/media/...

0 |

In fairness I wouldn’t trust a flegger to wind up a fucking clock without wrecking it let alone plant a bomb but still NO SURRENDAR

1 |

Tbf I thought superhun Takki would’ve been in here getting my back instead he’s leaving me to fend off the crocodiles all by myself

3 |

see ya later alligator

lol

2 |

lol @ RJ calling anyone a superhun :p

I've probably given my views on this a few times on here before tbf, that's why I wasn't really getting into it. But anyone who committed crimes in the troubles should be held accountable, IMO. Especially for the sake of victims and people who lost loved ones. British Army, RUC, IRA, UVF, whatever/whoever committed them. I just think it's unlikely to ever happen as on one side we've the likes of Gerry who won't even admit to being in the RA himself, never mind the truth coming out about the missing and all the other atrocities they carried out, and on the other side is a government who aren't going to want to give up any secrets of wrongdoing or admit fault.

0 |

I find it hard to believe that big names like Gerry would come to a truth commision and detail exactly what his involvement was and everything he knew after all these years of saying nowt. Thats why it will be useless, just a stick to try and beat the government with.

0 |

That's why I think a lot of people don't buy SFs constant demands for the legacy issues to be addressed.

0 |

Gerry should use the 'ill show you mine if you show me yours' line and whip out a list of all the murders he sanctioned or had involvement in then swap it for a list of illegal army murders. Wee swapsies

1 |

It would definitely need a huge gesture from someone like Gerry to get the ball rolling. It's just a Mexican standoff at the minute and that's why we ain't got no government

0 |

In fact the big gestures are all that got anything going here like Big Ian willing to work with Martin

0 |

0 |

Mad that isn't it. The Brits terrorising since time began too

People like RJ watch the news and lap it all up.
Take a quick look at world history

0 |

Northern Ireland has the right to leave the United Kingdom and join the European Union as part of the Republic after Brexit, ministers have concluded.

Read more at: www.scotsman.com/news/...

0 |

If things start going pear shaped after Brexit which is likely as the government give zero fucks about NI I can see this pushing people towards saying yes unification referendum. I still think a yes vote is a few years of yet. Possibly in the next decade. Depending on what Scotland do.

0 |

it is probably more likely if the muzak1's of our wee country don't spend their lives convincing the RJ's of our wee country that they are better off in the UK [in some weird act of self sabotage]

0 |

RJ's a money man. Once the economic advantages of the all Ireland become crystal clear in a hard Brexit he'll be dancing down the street to the boys of the old brigade

0 |