Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Will maybe get it on catch up, cheers Andy.

0 |

Sf I'm sure has serious legacy skeletons, literally. However, times have moved on considerably.

0 |

Aye, probably best keeping the closet locked up to fuck lol

0 |

Wikileaks on the secret party donations alone would be enough.

0 |

Just saw some clips of the debate on the news there. The crowd bursting out laughing at Arlene Foster speaking. Amazing!

0 |

Anyone have the link to that website that asks you questions regarding a load of issues in NI, then it shows you how the parties stack up in regards your views?

0 |

Need help deciding on who to vote for? No better way than an online questionnaire ;)

0 |

It's not for me as I know who I'm voting for. Even though the website I'm thinking of actually is/was a great resource for people who are undecided/usually non-voters (who I'm wanting to send the link to).

*awaits original takki/DUP comment*

0 |

Was only raking :)

0 |

not sure who il vote for this time tho Alex and pat will get a vote for that genius border road check on the glen road.

0 |

Might give Attwood my last preference out of pity. Only thing I know for sure atm is I'll not be giving PBP any.

0 |

Gerry Carroll full of keek but I feel obliged to give him a vote as he helped out a family member not too long ago who sadly passed away so he's not all bad

0 |

so lads do i need to put a vote against everyone but the DUP to ensure those fuckwits dont get any rollover votes?

0 |

Yes RJ

0 |

No you vote dup at the bottom of your list

0 |

im hearing conflicting reports ffs, dont vote or put them last etc...

0 |

Surely it's the same outcome - no vote or last preference?

0 |

You actually have to vote for everyone ... putting your least preferred candidate [in RJ's case the DUP] to the bottom of the list to maxmise the vote against them.

The transferrable vote uses some kins of quota system...

www.irishtimes.com/new...

0 |

Yep, coming last has a more negative effect

Look at it like this. See your list as sound ones at the top shite near the bottoms and cunty fuckers at the bottom. What's worse being listed a shitey cunty fucker or calling them nothing? Put them last

1 |

Anywhere you can see who all is running in your area? Wouldn't mind sorting the vote order before going to the station tomorrow.

0 |

Go to the map and choose your constituency m.belfasttelegraph.co....

0 |

Cheers

0 |

Just saw that vid of the SF border patrol stunt lol

Absolute farce with pile of simpletons whooping and cheering. Are they trying to outspaz the DUP?

Who thinks we have an election coming up let's put on a show give my head peace would be proud of. Scundered

0 |

Ask the DUP candidate as you walk in if you need to put them bottom to make sure they get it tight. The do the opposite of what the lying cretinous lizard says. Simples

6 |

Gonna steal that.lol.

0 |

Gerry Carroll. Lol

He's like big Donzo in Derry ffs

0 |

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

By my logic, the best chance of DUP failure would be for unionists to switch their vote to the other main unionist party, the UUP.

My constituency doesn't even have 2 UUP candidates ffs.

0 |

Not really expecting a seismic shift in the political landscape tbf.

Hoping to see a jump in support for alternative political parties and independent candidates

0 |

Some grim chat in work today on the political front. One guy who thinks he has created everything in his life himself without the need for government and he is basically the master of his own island.

Had to gently remind the idiot that he joined the company on a government funded grad scheme and bought a house on a the help to buy scheme. Unfortunately it didn't land in his big head. He spent the next rant saying how he hated people on benefits as he was paying for lazy people to smoke dope. Wanted to lose it. The fact I was in an open office stopped me.

Even typing this i can still feel the rage.

2 |

The point being don't be an egotistical cock folks

1 |

Erm, you do know RJ uses this board, RP?

1 |

pass that man a pussy

0 |

it's all just a complete exercise in futility, the only game changing vote left to be had is the one on a united Ireland, I reckon nore than 50% don't vote at all, everyone will come out to vote on the other the question is to you have the vote before or after the UK leaves the EU, we will be governed but the Tories until then.

0 |

Agree it will be the same. SF and DUP either side with no change and same old shite but I'll still vote to change it holding on to that little scrap of shit stained hope

0 |

lol - it's all just a complete exercise in futility, the only game changing vote left to be had is the one on a united Ireland, I reckon more than 50% won't vote at all, everyone will come out to vote on the other the question. Will that vote happen before or after the UK leaves the EU? We will be governed but the Tories until then.

*need edit function*

0 |

the position has swung from UUP/ SDLP in 1998

1 Social Democratic and Labour Party - 24 MLAs
2 Ulster Unionist Party - 28 MLAs
3 Democratic Unionist Party - 20 MLAs
4 Sinn Féin - 18 MLAs

...to DUP/ Sinn Fein. Change is possible.

2 |

True that Acid. We move forward, towards the Republic

Votail SINN FEIN

1 |

Slowly but surely, will get there in the end

0 |

aye, so it swings back to uup / SDLP? so what? it's all been seen before.. same oul shite.. nope the only game changer is the united Ireland vote. Given that the DUP are pretty much in charge now in America, if we vote to stay in the UK and join the new world order being built by Trump & May I hope it doesn't require a blood sacrifice with thousands of our young off to die pointless deaths on battlefields..

0 |

It's not gonna make a massive change, e.g switching from DUP to UUP, but at least they will understand it's not OK to be corrupt.

If there's no change, it just gives them the mandate to continue doing whatever the fuck they want.

0 |

his Facebook post don't make sense half the time muzak.

you'd think we create our own wealth over here and we don't get hand outs by the brit's.

lot of anger tho. works hard and is well liked.

his council videos used to be funny. I'd say he's came on a bit now being a MLA

0 |

You think Acid, that you might be better convincing rhe 50% that don't vote to vote rather than convincing the rest of us not to vote...

It might lead to more change?

How long do you think its going to take to convince a majority here that its better to go for Ireland?
20 - 25 years?

0 |

Tbf it should be a legal requirement to vote and vote without spoiling your vote. Might actually get proper changes in the country

0 |

8 years

0 |

Problem so many people want change but that change can vary drastically. For change to happen we need parties that can unite though so many people seem happy being divided. It's a big ol clusterfuck. I hate election time as it brings it all home watching them all on tv and having all their bakes stare at you on those posters

0 |

But not voting is a vote. Its a vote for whatever everyone else wants. What you mean is it should be illegal to moan and complain about politics if you didnt vote.

0 |

Nah moaning while doing nothing just highlights your lack of intelligence. Why has legal requirement on voting never been mentioned in NI or UK?

0 |

Hasn't been mentioned because those in power are happy with how it is

0 |

Hopefully when we get round to universal basic income, receipt will be conditional on voting

0 |

How does it run in Aus? Seems sensible on the surface of it.

0 |