Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

Plans are in place Baz. A date has been set. I'll update you at the next forum Ard Fheis

0 |

Some absolute spacers about. Takes something to see last night's shooting in this way

aoradh.ie/crown-forces...
aoradh.ie/crown-forces...

0 |

lol was that written in the 70s?

0 |

lol @ them articles.

0 |

Couldn't make this up...

4 |

hahaha

0 |

Wasnt Brimstone at the centre of one of the other DUP scandals

0 |

Yeah. He put pressure on a DUP councillor to change her vote on something I can't remember. Loads of texts got released showing how lower councillors are kept in line and vote on the say so of the party or face being sidelined.

0 |

Did he not have something to do with Red Sky?

0 |

Actually I think the vote he pressured the councillor on may have been related

0 |

It was the Red Sky councillor

0 |

Heard about brimstone and rhi a few weeks ago from a reputable source...could me more to come about this story lol

0 |

it'll all be fire and brimstone.lol.

0 |

Upvoted for the self lol

0 |

3 |

please please please be true

0 |

NewIra threaten journos now. Jamie Bryson on the warpath.

0 |

Link?

0 |

www.nuj.org.uk/news/nu...

0 |

Condemnation of DUP exchange about boilers - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

www.facebook.com/Barri...

0 |

Haha. That Arlenes on Fire thing was always gonna come back to haunt them.

The two wee girls who ran off stage knew the craic.

0 |

I was driving past the big beast of a building that's Paisleys church on the Ravenhill Road yesterday and wondered how much it'd cost to heat that and if they are on the pellets or not. Would make for a good story

0 |

I'm not sure I agree that you wondering how much it costs to heat a building would make for a great story tbh.

3 |

Or even a good one

0 |

Bet themuns are on the RHI scheme.

0 |

Run a hypothetical on how much it would cost to heat Paisley's church with wood pellets?

0 |

And wile you’re at it assume this church has a really long hypothetical marble corridor and work out how far a golf ball would run if you were to whack it really hard down said corridor

0 |

And would it bounce further if the marble corridor was heated on RHI scheme boiler

0 |

i'm not sure if a heated corridor would have much of an effect on the ball, i cant see the properties of the marble changing much due to being warmer but a change in air density could have an effect

0 |

Aye, phunk having an absolute mare with this one. Shite idea all together.

Can we make phunk today's whipping boy? I had my turn yesterday.

0 |

Ok ok sht shower thought for the day story, whip meh!

0 |

Does LAD actually think this is satire? It's muck! m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

Seems the crowd in the comments enjoy it... satire died in 2016

0 |

Those comments are gay af.

0 |

the do come across as overwhelmingly joyous... for such a poor piece of humour

0 |

Tune though

0 |

m.facebook.com/story.p...

Any PBP voters in?

0 |

Any Liverpool supporters in?

0 |

I don't think the two views (anti EU and anti borders) are mutually exclusive

0 |

RPBP

0 |

Haha. The gift that keeps giving

0 |

unreal

www.irishnews.com/news...

1 |

thought this was good from Adams today.

3 |

Saw that earlier Pav. Maybe they're hoping to use it for the RHI payments. £500 million over ten years...

0 |

Stark comtrasts in the language used by DUP and Sinn fein election launches. The whole never backing an Irish language act is music to Sinn fein ears. People will vote for them because of this type of rhetoric.

0 |

Fucking hell at that chat today from Arlene.

I'm not even sure the usual DUP audience would be too impressed with that tone
She's lost the plot

0 |

Playing to the gallery as they say. The tactic must be to double down on what has worked in the past.

I like the kind of chat between UUP and SDLP. They have the message right but I still don't like the idea that they gain by default of the DUP and SF collapse. I don't think they are very capable. But then I could be completely wrong.

0 |

I think Arlene and the rest of her cronies must be just flying in the wind....they are all bonkers at the moment....Diane Dodds talking absolute arse whispers on the wireless earlier. Arlene looking and sounding more like Adolf each time she crawls out of her bunker!

0 |

There's just about enough competent politicians to fill the ministries across all the parties

0 |