Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

He would have killed everyone for peace. What a guy.

Always seemed very amiable to me tbh.

0 |

Lots of people shoot people dead in this world. He brought the IRA to the peace table and has dragged this country to relative peace with Hume, ervine and paisley. He'll be looked kindly on by future historians IMO.

1 |

What AndyW said.....Arlene will be remembered as a truthless, conniving bitter cunt!

0 |

He made some great tunes, did Martin cp91279.biography.com/...

1 |

1 |

Paisley jnr gave McGuiness some plaudits tonight on the view

Getting praise from all angles

0 |

Ian Óg showing the inbreds a lesson in compassion.....(and a little game play)

0 |

The optimist in me sees what Ian Jr said tonight as colossal. Not just his kind words about McGuinness, but about getting over it and working in partnership. On so many levels thats a gamechanger. Cuts Arlene off at the knees for basically fucking it up by not working with her partners in gov. Shifts the moral high ground away from centuries old dogma of Not an Inch. And at the exact same time calls SF bluff (the Trojan Horse of Equality that Adams let slip) The optimist in me reckons SF are up to it. The pessimist in me says Paisley is going to be burned as a Lundy. Game on within the DUP I'd say. Ian Jr has been totally silent about this whole RHI thing. If it's a power play its Machiavellan. And just might clear the decks.

0 |

His bro Kyle must have give him a slap and word in his ear before hand. He seems to speak sense a lot of the time

0 |

Just seeing that clip of Paisley Jnr this morning. Very surprised by it and it gives me hope that there is a movement within the DUP that can be dealt with and this thing repaired and tweaked so that it works better down the line. Fair play to him for saying that he'll have gained a lot of respect from nationalists and republicans for it. Shows Arlene up for being a bitter aul cunt that she is.

0 |

The comment from Marty last night on going to euro games last summer was a prime example of how bitter she is.

1 |

+20 respect points for IPJR

2 |

If he continues like this he might reach zero one day.

2 |

Thought the exact same Andy, there was so much goodwill on display during the euros that it would've been an easy win for her, and one that possibly wouldn't have harmed her too much within 'her own constituency' given that they would have been buzzing off NIs success, and the NI fans getting plaudits for their own good spirit. But nah can't be doing touchy feely stuff with themmuns like that. Aul cunt

0 |

he timed that well, when all around are losing their heads etc

as the rest of the DUP seem intent on burning the bridge beneath them

0 |

i really really really hope the DUP crash and burn in this election

1 |

I cant believe some people on here are willing to except these two in partnership again you's need your head examined, as for the licking of SF's balls what's that all about, they are equally to blame for the government stuttering here for 10 years and things not progressing. Only way things will move on a lot quicker here is if the ex terrorists and the bitter bigots are no longer the biggest two parties here. I really hope the youth of today get out and bloody vote to change things entirely, even if you don't have any affiliation to any party any vote for any party away from SF and DUP is a positive one.

0 |

Stopped reading @ "except these two in partnership again "

2 |

He's perfectly illustrating his point tbf Wayne. It's the fault of Sinn Fein and the DUP for ruining the education system.

0 |

I'm not a SF voter and never have been but to say they are equally to blame is ridiculous. The DUPs attitude to government is an absolute disgrace. Put aside green/orange issues, you have a complete disregard for women's rights, LGBT rights, minorities. Despite being supposed christians they dont give two fucks when it comes to the poor and vulnerable. miserable in every sense of the word.

4 |

I don't blame SF for this mess, i imagine they'd be alright if they didnt have to work with cunts who cant let go of the past and cant embrace the fact that their are two sides to every conflict

1 |

They still had to try and make it work and it failed and failed again. We all know if it was the UUP or Alliance were in partnership with SF it will not be plain sailing either. I don't understand why nationalists don't vote for SDLP when they're prime aim is a united Ireland also and they have good solid liberal views and importantly don't have anything hiding in the closet.

0 |

Stopped reading @ "when they're prime aim"

3 |

What's the official SDLP view on abortion?

0 |

100% Neanderthal

1 |

That might be unfair to Neanderthals. The only frame of reference to Neanderthal view of womens rights is Clan of the Cave Bear.

0 |

Thought they were a liberal party? Any comment on this matter dufunk?

0 |

SDLP were the largest nationalist party for decades until events and shit. But your point about SF not being able to make it it work is weak, if I go out for dinner with the wife and she's sitting there with a face on her all night I know who the disinterested observer would blame for it being a shit evening

1 |

Defunk from my small understanding of politics in this country it appears to be that whilst SF are no angels, all they want is a: a United Ireland b: equality for all and c: some recognition that there were two sides to the conflict and that republicans have a differing view of what went on.. now those are 3 perfectly acceptable points in my book but when you work in partnership and the other side will not budge one fucking inch on point a & c and reluctantly on point b what do you expect them to do? Unionists can’t let go of the past and until they do or are elected to fuck out of office then we’ll never move forward.

6 |

JL • 21 minutes ago
SDLP were the largest nationalist party for decades until events and shit. But your point about SF not being able to make it it work is weak, if I go out for dinner with the wife and she's sitting there with a face on her all night I know who the disinterested observer would blame for it being a shit evening

Depends on the observer tbf. If it was your wife's mates observing, then I'm sure they'd probably be blaming you lol

1 |

Need pics of disgruntled wife before making a call on this.

0 |

SF have not got away from it scott free surely. Asleep at the wheel while the DUP filled their boots (RedSky, NAMA, RHI etc) or just turning a blind eye to keep the peace, or so incompetent they didn't even know what was going on.

In the south the Greens got hammered for being in coalition when the financial crisis hit and Fianna Fail were crumbling under the weight of their own scandals.

#sdrp

0 |

looking forward to the RHI names coming out next week

0 |

Stopped reading @ 'dufunk'

0 |

Marty getting some write ups today. took a lot of grief for doing stuff for peace from his own community.

defo made way more effort than anyone currently involved with the DUP leadership at the moment

1 |

Agred Baz.

1 |

Stopped reading @ "Agred"

4 |

I stopped reading at ">"@".

0 |

Curses. The board letting me down there. Shut it down.

0 |

Maybe RP, the "turning a blind eye" could be a sign of how much SF were willing to put up with to try and make power sharing work. Maybe i'm giving them too much credit and when the RHI names come out they will be all over it, but who knows.

0 |

What is sdrp?

0 |

Social and Democratic Ronan Party

0 |

*social Democratic and Ronan party

0 |

Marty brought in 95 jobs on his last day AND managed to let the SF public enquiry U-TURN fly in under the radar. classy operator

Will be sad to see him go, i bumped into him one day shopping up in Strabane at the time he was going for the Irish presidency and i stopped just to congratulate him on it and be on my way. didn't know him from Adam

15 mins later he's still chatting away, asking about the family and work and all the rest of it.
very personable character

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in unionist homes up and down the north today to see how they honestly react to what Ian Paisley Jnr has said last night. it would was a pretty damning verdict on Foster's leadership at the same time

1 |

"asking about the family and work and all the rest of it"

getting the details needed in case he had to send round the men in furry faces

4 |

lol

0 |

Chortle

0 |

A fair percent of unionists agree with what Ian Paisley Jnr said (from the news and call ins on Nolan etc). You cant really umbrella all unionists as though they're all headcases like the DUP ones, either. That's like saying all republicans are like the hardliners/dissident republicans.

1 |

Marty claiming those 95 jobs is he?

good timing as it balances this www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

95 jobs over 4 years wow!

1 |