Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

You made the initial claim. Up to you to proe me wrong not vice-versa.

0 |

*prove

0 |

All I said was that the level of education was on par with other parts of NI. You're saying it's below average, you called me out for spouting Bullshit so prove I'm talking Bullshit.

0 |

Andy, don't even engage a conversation with that bell end.

0 |

See page 4. As you can see the north west as a region performs the second worst educationally. Only to be beaten by North and West Belfast www.niassembly.gov.uk/...

0 |

Which I might add is a significantly smaller region than the north west

0 |

What you're highlighting there is the correlation between poverty and secondary education results. So what you're proving is the area needs investment and funding to bring the standards up. Which in reality is what everyone is saying the area needs. Improve the opportunities for education and people might get more educated. Thanks for proving my original point of the area having been underfunded.

0 |

s2 self trolls himself. nice.

0 |

But disproving that the education level was on par.

0 |

All I said was that the level of education was on par with other parts of NI. You're saying it's below average

0 |

content-lht6-1.xx.fbcd...

0 |

So west and north Belfast have a lower education on average than the other half of Belfast and yet investment in the greater Belfast area is at a ratio of 12 to 1 when compared to the north west (stats from foi from invest ni). So how does education correlate to job opportunities?

0 |

Thought O'Neill spoke very well on the news earlier. You might even stretch it to say she was articulate.
Posts was on then then saying SF have let the health service down to follow their goal of being the biggest political party in the North.

Ohhhh k then Edwin. That's exactly what's happening here

0 |

Posts=Poots

0 |

lol crazy

audioboom.com/posts/55...

0 |

taht first 11 minutes of that gave me a headache.

0 |

what did I just listen too lol

arlene been so wonderful brought all these jobs in, place is booming apparently lol

that was mad. he's thick as fuck

0 |

Absolute moonbeams. I don't know how Nolan doesn't just burst out laughing. It's completely ridiculous.

0 |

60, 000 booted off the electoral register

0 |

Here - did yas see Emma Pengelly pretending to me in pain for the people and trying to come across all compassionate? What a crock of shite - even the hardened DUPers couldn't be buying that shite.

I'd love to keep her as a secret buck though so if you're lurking here Emma, pm me your deets. Our little secret.

1 |

What's this, Ron?

0 |

Anyone in their right mind Shirley couldn't vote for the DUP after the last few months debacle?However, we're talking about a country full of bigoted, mindless knobs who will vote in their droves for them. Hoping the unionist middle class realise what's going on and reduce their voting block.

0 |

They voted for them after Peter did the dodgy property thing. After Irisgate. They'll continue to vote for them. Because theyre all morons.

0 |

But we can always hope good sense prevails.

0 |

Bit of a difference between signing an agreement ratified by both governments and then going back on it and sorting out a dodgy property deal. Either they're insidious, untrustworthy fuckers or highly incompetent. Either way you can't be dealing with them.

0 |

He thought the RHI was signed off on my Ofgem. DUP has years of getting away with this shit. From the expenses debacles, to giants causeway property deal, housing executive maintenance, nama, peter robinson being a sneaky property developer in his spare time, ian paisley jnr selling land earmarked for roads, back to his farmer mates, at less than what they got for them. Thats just off the top of my head.

0 |

Emma Pengelly is a wee hun. If DUP have to be voted back in, I hope she's the one. Basically the only DUP person I can bear to look at. A significant upgrade to Arlene as well.

0 |

The DUP and their voting block are the biggest problem in Ireland, they always have been and they probably always will be. It's not like we didn't know the craic with them but they really have a brass neck saying it out loud for public consumption.

1 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

look the father in law got involved in the scheme, 2 months before the wedding... nothing to see there

1 |

www.communities-ni.gov...
List of recipients of the "community hall" grants
All the bandsmen, orange men, masons , ulster scots society members who got their wee grants will def still vote DUP up to their necks in it the lot of them. Backhanders, front handers corruption in broad daylight but i cant see this election changing anything.

0 |

The fact that Simon Hamilton waved a magic wand over the RHI losses yesterday gives the DUP candidates what they need to counter any signs of turncoat behaviour from their loyal voters during the campaign. They can say they are the ones to save the tax payers from financial ruin whlie Sinn Fein are playing games.

Of course it's bullshit, and legally speaking it can't be said whether Hamiltons plan can even be implemented anyway. But it gives their candidates the cover they need for now. It won't take much for DUP voters to stay put.

If anyone loses votes it'll be SF. Not many but a couple.

0 |

*anytime soon

0 |

If the cost of getting unionists on board with the peace process was a load of community hall grants I don't see the problem...

Once the shinners tainted with RA association leave front line politics then politics here can begin to get normal

0 |

I'd say theres a lot more to come from Bell and Co.....He's playing his cards close....possibly a few clangers yet to be revealed.....I'm thinking along the lines of Arlene actually eating Live babies that Poots has caught at night.

2 |

Lol @ SDRP

How did you come to the conclusion SF will be the only one losing votes?

0 |

You're right Andy the property shit is insignificant compared to this. But it won't change anything. The DUP either play the orange vs green card crap,or we're defending the union and doing the work of God. And it seems to work for them. I don't think they could do anything that would turn off their voters.

0 |

Their voters are automatons....when they are challenged they will either form a circle with their backs to the outside world and sing hymns or scuttle off to their country mission houses to rock back and forth whilst rubbing their good books and chanting prayer!

1 |

what a dysfunctional state. Anybody see the vox-boxes yesterday on the news? They can't even find 4 coherent people in Belfast that speak good English. Listen to the spoons on Nolan & Talkback everyday. You don't have any international flights from your international airport and not even a train to get you to it. Or a train to go around the entire failed state.
Northern Ireland will never work.
What we need is a Hard Brexit and everyone to be dragged kicking if needs be into a proper nation.

0 |

" How did you come to the conclusion SF will be the only one losing votes"

I don't think the election will bring drastic changes but SF seem the most under pressure and open to sways in the votes. As everyone here agrees...DUP won't budge due to inward defence of their tribe and the other main parties have retreated to their core support levels as well I think. SF large vote base has much more swing voters i suspect. Only saying one or two seats lost.

0 |

Sinn Fein might get a few votes back for actually finally standing up to DUP and that.

0 |

'I suspect'

saying that can definitely see them or SDLP losing a west Belfast seat. hopefully attwood as he's a GOAT

0 |

Completely token example, but was talking to a fella at the weekend there that said he usually votes DUP, but won't be this time after the fiasco.

Just one guy though.

I do reckon voting patterns will remain virtually the same.

0 |

the DUP have to take a hit because their whole vote isn't just core supporters.

loads of people vote then in secret, so won't take much to switch to the UUP. I suspect tho

0 |

i reckon that despite what most people say, once they get into the booth they will froot out and vote exactly how they always do

2 |

More coming out on Nolan about the RHI scheme.

0 |

know a few in work who never vote are registering in order to vote anyone but the DUP so there is a glimmer of hope that this could be the straw that breaks the camels back

0 |

done the belfast tele vote thing and got a 95% match to the SDLP, 92% match to SF.. lol@75% UKIP and woohoo 57% DUP match... always knew i was a Racist Taig at heart www.belfasttelegraph.c...

0 |

I got my hopes up after the flag protests that things were gonna change.

They didn't.

They won't.

Voting against DUP/SF is like trying to knock down the empire state building by flicking grains of sand at it.

1 |

do you vote?

0 |