Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

lol unbelievable

0 |

She looked a bit glassy eyed, like she'd been crying on that TV announcement she made earlier.

0 |

Where's cancer when you need him?

0 |

Round at Martys house

1 |

Absolute joke

Hospital waiting lists: Radical plan to tackle problems shelved - www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...

0 |

Can't stand Michelle O Neill. She spent a time there before Christmas giving herself a big slap on her own back for coming up with a plan to agree a plan to cut waiting lists. When Nolan challenged her for details about what she would want in it she hadn't a single thing to say. I haven't a clue why they put these people in the positions they do. They have no competence and end up just deferring to their civil servants

0 |

Stoop^

0 |

And lol at GIvan finding the Irish money today, I dunno if this is a genuine attempt to force a last minute deals or plain trolling.

He had went up in my estimation a few weeks back for hitting a few o'neills oerthebar. Big Arlene likely made him cut the grant

0 |

Sure there was a legal move made against him for that cut.

0 |

can't work out what the DUP are at but they are all over the shoe for weeks now.

hopefully they take a big hit at the ballot box for every backward thing they have done

0 |

Will they fuck, the loyalist faithful will come out in droves to vote in order to stop the Fenians winning

0 |

eamonnmallie.com/2017/...

0 |

www.irishnews.com/payw...

0 |

Michelle O Neill annoys me too. Speaks so much, but says very little. A sign of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. Waffling.

0 |

luv O'Neill.

0 |

Apparently she was thought highly of by her civil servants when working in DARD takki, or so I read in the Irish times. Hopefully she takes Marty's job. Stop the DUP/TUV whining about having a terrorist leading the country.

0 |

I hope she doesn't. Way too hard to listen to.

0 |

Does it matter what she sounds like? If she can do a job and do it well I don't give zero fucks that she has a whiny Tyrone accent.

0 |

she makes me moist when she talks

0 |

Nah, of course not Andy. I'd still rather have her than a DUP holy joe in Health. I just cant stand people who waffle on and on and on, yet never actually saying anything. I think I heard that interview with her that RP was talking about a few posts back. She came across as a total mouthpiece, and that's it. Very little substance, if any, to what she was saying. Just sounded like a total spoof artist. She's amazing at it though, to be fair.

0 |

Sorry Takki, you were waffling in your last post there and I lost concentration. What was your point again?

0 |

Me and Michelle O Neill are mouthpieces.

0 |

How the fuck will foreign investors understand her if she is the DFM, makes the wee man from strabane seem articulate. No hope for politics here the two clown parties will be voted back in as usual.

0 |

After the state of the assembly this past while I don't think we need to be worrying about what foreign investors think of the politicians. There won't be any foreign investors interested in coming here. No budget, big question marks over the corporation tax reduction, etc...

0 |

Yep its a complete bollocks now, Belfast and beyond has serious potential but not whilst these idiots are running things and so much for SF's fight for the North West getting investment that will take a backseat again, Marty just never really delivered on that front did he not like John Hume did anyway.

0 |

Marty did ok around sorting schools out in NI. Decent enough legacy in that area.

The lack of interest Invest NI have shown in the NW has been criminal almost to the point where you have to consider the idea of an active agenda within the organisation against looking at developing the region

0 |

What's been sorted out in regards NI schools? Is there not still a total mess in regards 11 plus/examinations etc? Don't think there's been much improvement in numbers of mixed/integrated schools or anything either.

0 |

North West is also getting an enterprise zone and a massive data center tbf.

0 |

Not sure that will come to fruition s2. There was chat that it was going to Ballymena first which seems insane.

0 |

the data centre seems to be go... don't know how official that is though

0 |

Where abouts pav? The data centre for the Atlantic connector I believe went to Coleraine uni AFAIK?

0 |

she looks like a dirty cyat

0 |

Its going to be in Coleraine I believe. It hasn't started yet but all the planning went through and was approved this year.

0 |

not sure on the details... was over beers before christmas but i there are going to be a few research posts in Magee associated with it... I suppose it could be remotely accessed from coleraine but derry makes m,ore sense

0 |

' so much for SF's fight for the North West getting investment that will take a backseat again, Marty just never really delivered on that front did he not like John Hume did anyway.'

i'll let you pick the bones out of this, dufunk

although i fear the delivery of the sun, the moon and the stars still wouldn't be good enough for people like yourself to accept SF
probably the same reason you don't like Michelle O'Neill's accent or don't believe she's articulate enough

scrap the fact she has a strong record in delivering in her time in the assembly as agriculture minister and
she was doing alright in health as well, here's a link to the roadmap she had outlined, that is now 'shelved' i'm sure she's thrilled about it
www.health-ni.gov.uk/p...

She's been getting on with the ministerial jobs she's been assigned, she couldn't control everyone else's jobs, she wasn't in charge of RHI, she doesn't implement the budget.

2 |

Fair enough Michelle1, you're doing a great job.

1 |

Average wage in Derry is about £16k not far off minimum wage. Even then it's got the highest rate of unemployment and kids requiring benefits that anywhere else. Child poverty in derry is at pretty shocking levels, as is fuel poverty. About a quarter of what Belfast receives in INI funding is spent in Derry with neighbour towns getting even less of a look in.

Vote for the party who have managed to deliver on these stats - SF

0 |

But look at all the raves we have now. Sugar just got a Funktion One ffs!

0 |

Aye, but she's still horrible to listen to, Muzak

0 |

Come on, we need to look at the important things here.

0 |

I cant see much in there that will bring any decent jobs to the north west, the ballykelly thing isn't new jobs its civil servants who will be redeployed some closer to home hopefully. All parties can take credit for that list not just SF ffs.

0 |

Maybe the people of the northwest could get off their holes and acqquire as useful set of skills to make it more attractive to investors instead of relying on the government to bring BS min wage jobs to them.

1 |

ohhhhhh

0 |

Well said S2. Problem is anyone with that attitude gets educated and gets out. Serious skills drain which creates the conditions for stagnant economic growth.

0 |

RP you're right they leave or they do what I did and find one of the few decent jobs in the area. There are skilled people here, probably on a par with the rest of NI however the opportunities, jobs and investment is not being made here. The historical underfunding of the North West is a matter of fact right back from the 60s onwards. None of that funding gap has ever been made up and it continues today. So really s2 you're talking out of your shite pipe.

0 |

Shots fired. S2 to thread.

0 |

I'm calling bullshit AndyW

0 |

Bullshit on what?

0 |

There are skilled people here, probably on a par with the rest of NI

0 |

Do you have stats to prove other areas have more educated people?

0 |