Choose a discussion

NI Politics

Sinn Féin getting fairly shown up here regarding this welfare reform farce. Seems like they've been caught out spoofing to their electorate and the facts about it are stacking up against them. IMO, it looks like that they've cooked this up to try and win votes from the vulnerable people who would be interested in the welfare reform (that they claim to be looking out for) and they've been caught out. It was either a lie, or they just got the facts and finances completely wrong. Either way their excuses reek of

This is why folks need to protest vote and vote Alliance or Green. It's clear the DUP and Sinn Féin aren't capable of being realistic in running the place. The DUP and their backward views, then Sinn Féin and their blatant spoofing. I don't understand why people cant see through it all.

I don't think I need to go in to reasons why the DUP shouldn't get any votes, but their views on equality is reason enough, alone. Sinn Féin make these wondrous claims to win votes (it would seem by preying on the vulnerable, in this case, and people who actually have real issues and shouldn't be used as political ammunition)... then you've got the stories of SF being involved in IRA sex abuse.

People need to use their vote to show that we don't want this nonsense any more. Stop the tribal nonsense and use your vote to damage these two main parties. It's the only way things will change.

1 |

DUP an absolute party for crooks. Every other party has at least some attributes about them that a normal person could work with.
Really is an indictment on the health of this nation that so many people vote for them.

0 |

If Sinn fein play the card of needing a strong Nationalist/Republican voice in stormont then they might take more votes off SDLP which could possibly keep their vote steady even with PBP taking votes from them. The anger on rhi might also increase turnout for both unionist and Nationalist.

Reading some stuff on eamon mallie site tonight I can't see Sinn fein going back into stormont without some changes to government operation and also other stuff like Irish language act.

0 |

big massive balls, again. PBF like?
Where were they when the army was driving around working class estates?

0 |

Let's get back to what makes Republicans different. Let's rise to the occasion.

PBF? You fucking serious you post-ceasefire, smoking ban loving yuppie?

0 |

PBF will lose votes. Less people using Facebook. Plus most people that like them when it comes to polling day don't turn up because when you're stoned you are paranoid. So they sit in and play PS4 instead all day. Then bitch about it for another 4 years.

0 |

How do you suppose they will force movement on these issues though?
The DUP will agree like they always do and then flourish two fingers and insult nationalism.
I agree though that Sinn Fein have hardened up. I just don't see how anthing can be different.

0 |

what is PBF? People Before Fenians?

0 |

Well the DUP will move somehow as they'll want power back. They have fuck all say if it goes to joint authority direct rule from Westminster (via Dublin) Even the tories aren't stupid enough to not be even handed in their dealing with the issues. The secretary of state should set up an inquiry into the rhi. Who knows, direct rule might see gay marriage introduced, would be class to see the DUP seeth the over that.

0 |

Marty doesn't look like has long left at all

1 |

He'll not see 2018 pav me thinks

0 |

"DUP want power(and money)"

They'll be gutted about losing their 33k jobs.

0 |

They'd make a few sacrifices for that back. But it's gone now.
The Provo government isn't returning to Stormont.

0 |

the man is in serious trouble, that is cancer, the weight loss in the last few weeks is shocking.

0 |

Even talking his chin looks like it has gone . Looks 20 years older

0 |

so what lol. He's 67. From one of the poorest districts of the Former Brit empire. Reckon you'd look the same if you played your part. Can't see any reason to be sad. Marty Machine gun on the front line from day 1.
We can only hope to bend history like him.

Retirement is the best thing. Castro looked like that for 15 years.

0 |

In this post-Brexit post-Trump election landscape who knows who could top the poll. The Alliance party or the TUV could end up in power.

0 |

Gandhi was assainated. For all the sticks/dissidents hatred of the Provisionals. None of them ever had the balls to assassinate someone who probably could have been assasinated.
McGs legacy. He was untouchable.

0 |

even the Sticks know

0 |

I take it this is you on a roll until 4?

0 |

Where's muzka? Fucking Soyuz ma probably

0 |

lol. my ma onky fucks real men, not menchild.

ergo, Me! ><

0 |

see you at 4 lemac you starving Marvin Punk. You'll probably be crawling the walls til breakfast time you unhealthy fuck hahaha

0 |

I hope muzka isn't having sex with my mummy. That wasn't part of the deal I carved to be allowed to tag along with him.

0 |

too easy, this shit. No wonder i got an OBE.

0 |

I think SoYo is Sammy Willyson

0 |

for services to driving Lemav into eating right again, Muzka becoming a decent bloke, Wax stopping lurking ... need I go on

OBE for missing everybody off enough they improve their lives.

OBE for services to the community

That's me

See you at 0400hrs Marvin Lemac

0 |

this phone is shite man for texting. Jobs died for this sans OBE.

0 |

media2.giphy.com/media...

0 |

DUP will prob be back in,
Would like to see Nesbitt Eastwood gove it a go couldnt be sny worse

0 |

content-lht6-1.xx.fbcd...

0 |

content-lht6-1.xx.fbcd...

Up the Republic

0 |

Well done for what? Getting cancer?

0 |

Interesting perspective from the new letter comments
www.newsletter.co.uk/n...

"8:46 PM on 09/01/2017

Oh come on Alex. 'This isn't and never was a story driven by the media.' That's all it's been from the day and hour it broke. Ever Paper, Radio, TV and media outlet hasn't had it off.
Could it have been handled sooner and better? Probably, but for whatever reason this has clearly and undoubtedly been a media Witch hunt.

Maybe it's because Arlene doesn't fit the percieved Nationalist narrative of what a Unionist should be and could even steal votes as a Uniting figure? Or maybe Republicans have a new Shopping list they need filled out ? Oh wait... here you go...

Either way there's now elections coming. If Arlene doesn't stand then maybe Unionism should put a much more Militant leader in charge and finally put a stop to this ongoing All Island Nation Building Appeasment process..."

0 |

does anyone actually think this will make one iota of difference? DUP voters would still vote DUP if the cunts where caught on tape sleggin them, they will go into the election warning of a majority republican executive and eventual united Ireland and all the cunts will come scurrying out of their churches to put a big X in the backward box..

and what will SF do? Marty will be 6ft under, DUP will reinstate Arlene as First Minister and they'll do what exactly? not take up the post of DFM? joke it is

1 |

will probably vote SF at the next election and i'll make sure ill tell the local DUP cunts that hang outside the school exactly that

4 |

No. The DUP will find themselves in disarray because Britain will give Sinn Fein some of the things they are after. Unless they take up government with the DUP then there is nothing Arlene can do.
The brits aren't stupid either. They will play the game and teach the DUP how this works. Work together and keep us out of your bullshit petty sectarian squabble or we will give the ground away beneath your feet.

0 |

Would be risky going with Arlene for an election. Surely there are rumblings at some level within that party about how she has handled things. So surprised by how J Bell has been just left to rot with not one mate standing by him.

That new statesman comment is trying to say Nationalists want Arlene gone as she is not hardline DUP? Strange argument. Though it makes a good point in saying be careful what you wish for i.e Poots, Sammy etc

0 |

I didn't think that is what this is about. I doubt they care who is top dog at DUP. They were trying to be seen to try to work with DUP to make government work but this was not being reciprocated. It got to the point where the Sinn Fein were propping up DUP corruption and having nationalist aspirations trampled over at the same time.

They've actually played this very well. Enough is enough.

1 |

No hope for change by the looks of it you will have the usual heads voting SF to try and gain a United Ireland referendum and you will have the usual voting DUP so SF don't become the biggest party for that to happen.

And whatever way you look at it if a united Ireland happened or not it will not sort the problems we have here in society, its laughable I understand why so many in there 20's/30's with any sort of free thinking thought in there head leave this place so bloody backward and depressing.

0 |

www.irishtimes.com/opi...
Emerson
"Once again, unionists are about to be taught the lesson they never learn: deal with nationalism now, or get a worse deal later."

The best strategy in prolonging the Union was to make this weecountry work, make brand NI a thriving modern and tolerant society. embrace the gays and their blood, introduce a Language act, open the bookies on a Sunday.

but no. too late now, Status Quo won't be coming back. The Trojan Horse has bolted.

On to the Republic!

1 |

Bit early to be tripping aint it, Dublin don't want us shower of cunts would you blame them.

0 |

Just do it on our own. At least we can then take ownership of this little fuck up

0 |

Watch what you say, dufunk.

bare in mind the Trojan Horse has now bolted and the OC has said no going back to see Status Quo.

standing by for further orders...

0 |

keep clinging to the past.

just holding place back stopping every motion. place caught in a timewarp

0 |

wee pic of her today wearing a union jack scarf, knows how to appeal to the mongs

1 |

Good stuff from LAD m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

What was with her creepy hand wringing in the original, unedited version of the video?
... looked very Mr Burns

0 |

lemac • 1 hour ago
wee pic of her today wearing a union jack scarf, knows how to appeal to the mongs

no way lol. link it up

0 |

She does that "secondary school acting" thing where you start a sentanice in a low tone, then go to a high tone, and finish on a low tone.

0 |

ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/new... wee subtle reminder that she loves the fleg

0 |